Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why won't Shout Factory give up their rights for Hasbro properties?

FirePuppy

https://shoutfactory.com/collections/my-little-pony

Apparently, Shout! Factory still owns distribution rights for Hasbro's content, seeing as though they are still selling My Little Pony DVDs, despite releasing absolutely nothing new since 2019, including Seasons 8 and 9 of FiM and Pony Life. I don't even know how long their contract with Hasbro is ever going to last either. For what I know, it took Shout! Factory just over seven years to release new G4 titles, and so far, they've released nothing for over five years now.

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea why Shout Factory haven't released any new My Little Pony DVDs since 2019. My theories are:

A - They had a 10-year contract with Hasbro for new releases of their content, and rather than renew the contract, they decided to just let it run its course (possible considering their first MLP DVD release was Twinkle Wish Adventure, which came out in 2009 - 10 years prior to their final FIM DVD release).

or B - When Hasbro renewed their contract with Discovery Family, part of the renewal deal was that Shout Factory could no longer release any more MLP DVDs.

Again, none of these are confirmed, they are only theories. Either way, I hope for either Shout Factory to regain the physical distribution rights or Discotek to purchase those rights. I would love to see MLP:FIM get a complete Blu-ray release for its 15th anniversary (or at the very least, seasons 8-9 and the two specials on DVD).