Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi! Very, very late coming to the fandom, just hoping it's not too late to dive in

Axiom Crash

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

Welcome to the forums, hope you like it here!

So far, I really do!

I'm a bit worried I drove Casey Pones off the forum. But the cynical part of my brain is whispering to me that he was just trying to promote the NFT project he posted (he just fits the profile of an astroturfing account that pretended ignorance and abandoned the attempt when it went sour to a T). It makes me sad either way because he seemed nice. But maybe he just hasn't come back for a totally different reason.

I've also seen two accounts join just to post a single completely tone-deaf comment. Does that happen a lot? (it probably does)

Edited by Axiom Crash
  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Hugs 2

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Brony Number 42 said:

Hi and welcome to the herd.

Oh wow! I actually thought you'd greeted me already! I've probably just seen you in a bunch of other welcome posts.

Well thank you for getting me! I'm feeling very welcome here in the herd. So glad I made the jump.

Edited by Axiom Crash
  • Brohoof 1

On 2024-03-19 at 9:38 AM, Axiom Crash said:

Thank you! I'm so glad I finally reached out. I'm 38 years old and I feel like I'm only just taking my first steps into the world. Like up till now I've been doing what I thought I should be doing instead of what I wanted to be doing. The stress and burnout just got so bad that I couldn't hear myself anymore. I've lost so much time because I never had the time to slow down and process everything that was going on around me. It was just too much noise, and only when I stopped dead and shut everything and everyone else out, was I finally able to hear what I needed and overcome my fear that I had already missed out.

I see. *hugs* :hug_day:

• Hugs 1

On 2024-03-25 at 1:01 PM, Brony Number 42 said:

Math, science, and board games you say? :P

Yes! Good board games, to be clear! Like Noble Treachery, Goa, Power Grid, Catan, Carcassone, you know, the ones that are actually games!

I say Math and Science because I realize I love talking about nerdy stuff like computability theory (the busy beaver function is one of my favorite things), and etcetera.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Axiom Crash said:

Good board games

I have a lot of games like that but I don't have time to play. One of my favorites is Robinson Crusoe. 

You should watch Numberphile on YouTube.

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-04-02 at 11:24 AM, Brony Number 42 said:

One of my favorites is Robinson Crusoe. 

Interesting! Are you referring to Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island or Robinson Crusoe? I assume the former given the number of ratings. I'll keep that one in mind.

On 2024-04-02 at 11:24 AM, Brony Number 42 said:

You should watch Numberphile on YouTube.

I already do! Also 3brown1blue, Anton Petrov, and a few others.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Axiom Crash said:

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Yes that one. I only played it a couple times. Latley I have been playing Call of Cthulhu.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

I've also seen two accounts join just to post a single completely tone-deaf comment. Does that happen a lot? (it probably does

Sometimes those can be spammers but our trusty mods take care of it. :coco:

welcome back! And I’m sorry you feel you drove someone off the forums. That is never a good feeling.

This place holds a lot of precious memories for a lot of people. Always sad to hear if someone might leave due to a grudge or negative association. But you’re here now and so long as you don’t hurt anyone or share a mean spirit the community will appreciate and embrace you. Welcome back :grin:

• Hugs 2

hey, welcome to the herd! you seem fun :) 

*sniff sniff*

wait is that drama I smell :P you naughty 4chan pony you. Not sure from Casey's acc if they were driven away or if they were just trying to promote things, but then it can be hard to tell

On 2024-03-25 at 4:07 PM, Axiom Crash said:

've also seen two accounts join just to post a single completely tone-deaf comment. Does that happen a lot? (it probably does)

8mjhf4.jpg

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Ice Princess Silky said:

welcome back! And I’m sorry you feel you drove someone off the forums. That is never a good feeling.

This place holds a lot of precious memories for a lot of people. Always sad to hear if someone might leave due to a grudge or negative association. But you’re here now and so long as you don’t hurt anyone or share a mean spirit the community will appreciate and embrace you. Welcome back :grin:

This place does hold a lot of precious memories, specially from you and the friends I meet

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-04-12 at 6:37 AM, Ice Princess Silky said:

Well! Good news, I didn't drive them away! :Pip-giggle: They just didn't show up again for ten days after I posted. That's normal, of course. I just did that. I'm just paranoid-levels of anxious. But I'm sure that's common too.

On 2024-04-12 at 7:25 AM, North Star said:

hey, welcome to the herd! you seem fun :) 

*sniff sniff*

wait is that drama I smell :P you naughty 4chan pony you. Not sure from Casey's acc if they were driven away or if they were just trying to promote things, but then it can be hard to tell

8mjhf4.jpg

Eep! I mean, I never even posted on 4chan! Barely even commented! I mean, I made a meme once, but shockingly, even back then I was so anxious I wouldn't even post it anonymously.

I pretty much gave up on the site once dubs and trips became half of all the threads on /b/, despite them banning people for it.

On 2024-04-05 at 9:59 AM, Brony Number 42 said:

Yes that one. I only played it a couple times. Latley I have been playing Call of Cthulhu.

I have always wanted to play that. So. Much.

On 2024-04-12 at 9:57 AM, Rethajni said:

This place does hold a lot of precious memories, specially from you and the friends I meet

And it's starting to hold some precious memories for me, too! Although it's still baby steps for me, I have to admit, but everyone's been wonderful so far!

Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! I never expected to get so many!

• Delighted Giggle 1