Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro's plans for G5 in March 2024 have apparently failed

FirePuppy

large.jpg

Apparently, Hasbro's proposed plans for this month did not go well as planned, seeing as though all we got this month were two short episodes and nothing else. Which means the "March Longer Form Special" has been delayed to anywhere between April and June 2024, and it's also obvious that G5's linear and AVOD release has been canceled, since today's kids clearly don't watch linear TV. And finally, we're no longer getting new episodes weekly throughout 2024 now, hence the 3-weeks-or-more hiatus we're in.

• Brohoof 2
  • Sad 3

(edited)

To be fair, it does say right there that "rollout plans are subject to change", so I wouldn't describe their plans as "having failed". That aside, I'm not going to defend them abruptly ghosting us on TYT in the month where it is supposed to be getting its first special, their inability to communicate anything with us is absurd. Nothing hard about just having someone running an MLP social media account keep us updated every now and then. :maud:

Edited by Misty Shadow
Correction made after learning new information about YouTube community posts.
  • Brohoof 5

26 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

Nothing hard about just having whoever's running the TYT YouTube channel write a community post every now and then. :maud:

I could've sworn YouTube disabled the Community post feature on channels that are marked as made for kids.

• Brohoof 3

I would say they are definitely not in a good spot right now. Not sure about “failed”, but keep it up like this and it just might.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, KPackratt said:

I could've sworn YouTube disabled the Community post feature on channels that are marked as made for kids.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I still have my YT playlists but yeah, YT is hardly the go to it used to be:yeahno:

• Brohoof 3

49 minutes ago, KPackratt said:

I did look this up and I saw that this has been reported to be the case, thus my initial comment was edited. Still, it's lame how we never get told anything when they have official social media accounts for MLP.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It could still post within the next week or so. Also, when did this info come out? I remember seeing this a while back, but was this after the writer's strike last year? If not, that could have made some leftover production delays as there are some animated shows still in hiatus/specials delayed from last year.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

6 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

It could still post within the next week or so. Also, when did this info come out? I remember seeing this a while back, but was this after the writer's strike last year? If not, that could have made some leftover production delays as there are some animated shows still in hiatus/specials delayed from last year.

There's only today and tomorrow left before April starts. Odds are, the first longer-form special still won't be released within these days, under current statistics.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

There's only today and tomorrow left before April starts. Odds are, the first longer-form special still won't be released within these days, under current statistics.

Yes I figured that, they probably won't release anything within the next day or so. I meant by the following week. Though it's noted that those plans "are subject to change" so they might have made some change last second judging by how the past few episodes released.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

47 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

@Starlight Serenade

If it's May, that makes perfect sense because TV shows have their season or series finales.  The Memorial Day weekend isn't far behind.  

Maybe. I know one of the other animated shows that I watch (Big City Greens) aired 5 episodes of their new season back around October 2023 then went on a "hiatus"(because the writer's strike shifted production schedules) and that show is now coming back this upcoming week to continue their season.

• Brohoof 1

If they actually went through with debuting the G5 cartoons on linear television, I wonder what channel they would've picked to air them on. Could you imagine if Discovery Family decided to air MLP G5? Considering the actions caused by the WB Discovery merger and how they've held most of G4 hostage from streaming (until recently when KiDoodleTV picked it up), there'd probably be an outrage. Plus their contract with Hasbro will expire next year, so there wouldn't be a lot of time for them to air G5 (plus it could also cause an incentive to renew the contract again, which could be a bad thing).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
6 hours ago, KPackratt said:

If they actually went through with debuting the G5 cartoons on linear television, I wonder what channel they would've picked to air them on. Could you imagine if Discovery Family decided to air MLP G5? Considering the actions caused by the WB Discovery merger and how they've held most of G4 hostage from streaming (until recently when KiDoodleTV picked it up), there'd probably be an outrage. Plus their contract with Hasbro will expire next year, so there wouldn't be a lot of time for them to air G5 (plus it could also cause an incentive to renew the contract again, which could be a bad thing).

This is something that I thought of as well with the contract expiring next year. It is an odd move to start linear television simulcasting for G5 especially for TYT/MYM as it could tie their streaming rights up. Unless they had an option in their contract to air some older or newer episodes. Though it would be annoying if they suddenly starting putting older and new episodes behind a network and away from Youtube.

I hope they don't renew their contract again, I would like for people to have more access to watch MLP.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

I hope they don't renew their contract again, I would like for people to have more access to watch MLP.

Same here. G4 does not belong on Discovery Family anymore IMO. But the only thing that can decide all that is the next 10-K form from Hasbro that will be posted in late February 2025. It's also stated that Hasbro is not willing to strengthen/develop the option to acquire their 40% of Discovery Family for 2024.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I wonder if we will get 3 episodes of Tell Your Tale released in make up of the last 3 weeks 

Edited by WickedGames
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

I wonder if we will get 3 episodes of Tell Your Tale released in make up of the last 3 weeks 

I'm not holding my breath! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Otaku-sempai said:

I'm not holding my breath! 

Hasbro is treating G5 so far like it’s the McDonalds ice cream machine!

Edited by WickedGames
  • Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Sad 1