general If you could own any object from any movie, what would it be?

Dreambiscuit

On 2024-06-03 at 1:37 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

@Antiyonder That is some of the coolest stuff I've ever seen! 

But is the Turbo Man the original, or the multilingual version

YARN | It's fun and educational. | Jingle All the Way (1996) | Video gifs  by quotes | 34ef4606 | 紗

Original.  Unlike Arnold, I didn't wait until December (Or October or November) to purchase it.😁

Incidentally though, the figures back then were distributed by Tiger Electronics, the same company who made those LCD handheld games.  Logo can even be seen on the certificate in the movie.

• smile 1

On 2024-06-03 at 5:06 AM, Crypty Scribbles said:

I think it's a nice bargain. Unless I don't have to deal with a cursed pirate captain who want me to serve in his crew for a century.:umad:

Ah yes, those pesky little stipulations. Luckily this thread is all about getting one freebie of choice, so we'll forego the century of servitude just this once. :D

4 hours ago, Antiyonder said:

Original.  Unlike Arnold, I didn't wait until December (Or October or November) to purchase it.😁

Incidentally though, the figures back then were distributed by Tiger Electronics, the same company who made those LCD handheld games.  Logo can even be seen on the certificate in the movie.

I'm glad you didn't have to run all over town, get assaulted over a superball, have your car stripped and towed, have a fist fight with your neighbors' reindeer and battle the mother-of-all-Santas in your quest for toy supremacy. Much better to go on Amazon, even with the insane shipping prices.

Tiger Electronics makes pretty good stuff. I have an electronic Yoda toy from them (and no fisticuffs required).

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd get the Deathstar, It'd be fun to lazar every planet out of existence and float around in my own space station! So many corridors and rooms to explore, and plenty of room to invite all of humanity to my own parties!

• Shocked 1
  • Party! 2

Empire Strikes Back, Luke's Snowspeeder that got crushed by the AT-AT.  

18 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I'd get the Deathstar, It'd be fun to lazar every planet out of existence and float around in my own space station! So many corridors and rooms to explore, and plenty of room to invite all of humanity to my own parties!

I call dibbs on Grand Moff Tarkin's officeB)  

• smile 1

On 2024-06-28 at 3:49 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Empire Strikes Back, Luke's Snowspeeder that got crushed by the AT-AT.  

I call dibbs on Grand Moff Tarkin's officeB)  

That Snowspeeder is a bit of a fixer-upper after that At-At used it as a doormat. Can we get you a shiny new one at no extra cost?

Tarkin’s office sounds good, but I want the Emperor’s throne room! That view is hard to beat! 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Oh yeah.  While animated, I have among some other items, The Ancient Mew trading card.

my_collection_picture__546_by_antiyonder_dfrbpbl-414w-2x.thumb.jpg.8d734f336e65340e6f4e8491ca35b049.jpg

Not only given if you purchased a ticket for the second Pokémon movie in theaters, but also among the collection of Lawrence III.  Even shown briefly at the end of the film.

Card is to the left of the one on the bottom right hand corner.

Trading cards did appear though in the show proper, but standards and practices were against products appearing directly in show.  It would be like if say G1 My Little Pony had figures of the characters appearing in show rather than the toys represented by the cast themselves.

One early episode Bad to the Bone (Featured a trainer and his Marowak) for example showed some cards among James belongings.  Dub altered them to be photos of James.

And that's why the cards within the Yu-Gi-Oh anime didn't look accurate to real life.

Edited by Antiyonder