(Ashes town/Fo:E) Can Kirins and earth ponies/pegasi/unicorns etc. breed?

ShimSham Schnook

So, I made an Fo:E OC named ShimSham, who, for now will serve as my ponysona. I was wondering if a Kirin/earth pony hybrid could work since that's what he is more or less. I plan on watching the entirety of MLP and reading the Fo:E comics/books, but I just haven't gotten around to it - so if it's mentioned if they can or cannot somewhere, apologies. 

ShimSham on both PT and AT (Ignore PT ShimSham's name ;-;)

download.pngdownload-2.png

• smile 1

Hey there!

your post got moved to the right section :coco:

If you should have any questions, please feel free to reach out! 

Kirins aren't really ponies, even if they're based in a chinese mythology of an unicorn, there's not really any information about ponies mating with other species other than their own races, none at all. The closest things are couples like Sandbar and Yona, and Fluttershy and Discord, but being a couple doesn't mean they can have children together. Also, Kirins appeared only in one episode, so there's barely information about them besides what has been shown in that episode (and the comics).

• Brohoof 1

Cute oc! Very colorful :kirin:

As for the question, I have no ide. The show suggests that they and the Pones are completely unrelated, but I don't think ite exactly denies it either. For me, they fall in the weird category of "Pone race lookalikes", where we also have the Changelings and the Seapones, completeky different races that look similar to Pones for some reason but are unrelated :mlp_ooh:

I don't think it's mentioned, but I wouldn't worry about that. Don't let canon stand in the way of creativity. Also, I hope you'll have fun reading Fo:E! :eager:

• smile 1
  • Thanks 1