MLP Irl OC’s

TheElementOfCreavity

So, I and my friend decided to make irl OC’s for MLP. We both took a quiz and got seaponies but I’m having some struggles, should our equestrian/human ver have some sort of physical disability in the legs despite us not having any? I know the question sounds stupid but I want to make sure everything is perfect, down to a T, should I add that in or just make it like us IRL? I thought  about this because I thought a seapony might have a disability as a human and it’s been bugging me, call me an idiot if you want but I need the answer.

Anyone who calls you an idiot is just a complete jerk. You have a genuine question, and any question should have an answer.

I suppose that depends on the route you want to take with the OC. You could go the route of a disability, which would make it interesting to figure out how they would navigate and interact with the world on land vs. in the sea, or you could take the route the hippogriffs from the movie/later seasons of the show use and have a special charm that lets them change form so they can have lungs and leg whiles on land and fins and gills in the sea. Either way works just fine if you're trying to keep it 'lore accurate' to the series (though let's be honest, even the show is just a tiny bit inconsistent with some of its lore sometimes). If you want the character to be like you, there's nothing wrong with that.

In the end, I wouldn't stress on it being 'perfect'. The outcome of the character is up to you the creator. That's the beauty of creating something: the outcome is up to you, especially if it's an OC. This is just my personal opinion of course and, like I said, it's up to you to decide how the character ultimately goes, but I think you should do whatever feels right for you,. Make sure you're happy with the outcome, because in the end your own opinion is what matters with something you create, and if you love it and are happy with it, then it doesn't matter what other people think. There may be others who like it too, and others who don't, but as long as you love what you've created, that's what really matters.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Anyone who calls you an idiot is just a complete jerk. You have a genuine question, and any question should have an answer.

I suppose that depends on the route you want to take with the OC. You could go the route of a disability, which would make it interesting to figure out how they would navigate and interact with the world on land vs. in the sea, or you could take the route the hippogriffs from the movie/later seasons of the show use and have a special charm that lets them change form so they can have lungs and leg whiles on land and fins and gills in the sea. Either way works just fine if you're trying to keep it 'lore accurate' to the series (though let's be honest, even the show is just a tiny bit inconsistent with some of its lore sometimes). If you want the character to be like you, there's nothing wrong with that.

In the end, I wouldn't stress on it being 'perfect'. The outcome of the character is up to you the creator. That's the beauty of creating something: the outcome is up to you, especially if it's an OC. This is just my personal opinion of course and, like I said, it's up to you to decide how the character ultimately goes, but I think you should do whatever feels right for you,. Make sure you're happy with the outcome, because in the end your own opinion is what matters with something you create, and if you love it and are happy with it, then it doesn't matter what other people think. There may be others who like it too, and others who don't, but as long as you love what you've created, that's what really matters.

Thank you so much, this helped with my stress and the route I’m going to choose. It’s nice to see people like you on the internet 

• Hugs 1

39 minutes ago, TheElementOfCreavity said:

Thank you so much, this helped with my stress and the route I’m going to choose. It’s nice to see people like you on the internet 

Glad I was able to help. I hope you'll draw the oc eventually; would love to see them.