Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

POLL: Do you like the MLP lesbian shippings?

Viridian Daybreak

Do you support the lesbian shippings?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support the lesbian shippings?

• Yes
    • No, I prefer the heterosexual shippings
    • No, I dislike shipping altogether
    • I don't mind either shippings

Now that i have actually read one of these fanfics i have to say that when done properly is can do really well by adding in something that you just don't get with a straight shipping pair. Cultural prejudice and peer pressure.

(edited)

I think that any shipping is just overrated.

You there, good sire! Yes, you! Has good sire READ, any clopfiction? Or any shipping at all?

The clopfiction shipping is just plain disturbing.

Has good sire partaken in the pleasures of The Scootaloo Diaries? 'Tis a must-read fanfiction.

Of course No!!!They're disgusting and unnatural

The above please, my not-so-good sir, for you have shown thine arse.

Edited by frenzyhero

Of course No!!!They're disgusting and unnatural

Why disgusting and unnatural, they might be ponies but there is nothing wrong with lesbianism, it is just as natural and right as heterosexual love. They are both equal and in the end love is love.

• Brohoof 1

Shipping is ridiculous, in my humble opinion. Lesbian shipping even more so - it's a children's show, they're not going to teach children about potentially offending stuff. :P

While I do not care much for shipping i general, I am fine with both hetero and homosexual shipping. I would most likely be more comfortable reading about two female than two male characters, but that basicly comes down to me being a heterosexual male and not to any ill will against male couples.

But as I said, I don't care much for shipping so I might be wrong.

• Brohoof 1

I like all shipping equally.

Although I may have a softer spot towards the male homosexual ones (as I am one, somewhat) and also because they're much rarer to find, in terms of fanfictions. Seem to mostly feature Braeburn, for some reason, though (I love it).

It seems to me the lesbian ones actually outnumber the heterosexual pairings, although don't quote me on that.

(edited)
It doesn't matter to me either way, gay or straight. I don't usually think of these ships as being anything sexual anyway, more like a really strong friendship that those 2 specific ponies share. Edited by Tempest

I don't care. People ship what they like, I ship what I like. In a kids show like this, nothing romantic is likely to happen, so anyone's imagination can run wild. I don't mind. It's interesting to read fanbases on different pairings, though.

I don't like lesbian ships, but I am reading "harmless shenigans" which grows to be lesbian and actually, I think it's a really good story.

I don't know if I recc'd that one to you guys or not, but I was reading that one earlier. It really grew into that, huh?

Shipping is ridiculous, in my humble opinion. Lesbian shipping even more so - it's a children's show, they're not going to teach children about potentially offending stuff. :P

We never said they were. This is (obviously) fan made content, made by mature enough people, for other mature fans. We aren't attempting to get children to learn, for they should learn of these thing on their (and their legal guardian's) own terms. Your humble opinion is respected, even your views on sexuality. Yet, your reason for disliking shipping is ridiculous.

Only if there's a decent story behind it. I want to feel an emotional connection that few can satisfy. It happens in real life, so it stands to reason that it could happen in the pony universe.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if I recc'd that one to you guys or not, but I was reading that one earlier. It really grew into that, huh?

Ha eventually, luna started it by kissing with the other luna, and then they grew to love each other, i am eagerly waiting the next update though.

(edited)

Has good sire partaken in the pleasures of The Scootaloo Diaries? 'Tis a must-read fanfiction.

Can't say I have, however I will go check it out! :o

EDIT: Well, I just read the first chapter... Brb, puking out my insides while I ponder how people who write these walk the earth~~

JK, it honestly wasn't terrible for what it is of course, which isn't really saying much to begin with. :l

Edited by FlutterDerpy582

(edited)

We never said they were. This is (obviously) fan made content, made by mature enough people, for other mature fans. We aren't attempting to get children to learn, for they should learn of these thing on their (and their legal guardian's) own terms. Your humble opinion is respected, even your views on sexuality. Yet, your reason for disliking shipping is ridiculous.

This is definitely right. Although MLP is a children's show, the characters and the place the characters live have provided fans with a base in which to live out their fantasies and emotions. A large majority of the fanfics (and clopfics) are a creation of our lives, they might be fiction, but the stories, the characters, the emotions, the events and the actions of the characters have been influenced by real life experiences. That is the brilliance of writing, it provides us with the ability to express our deepest emotions and feelings, as well as provide readers with a way to escape their own problems.

As such, ponies have become our salvation from life. They have become a way for us to live a new life, one influenced by friendship and happiness. Yes, sometimes the creations are extreme and very sexual, but they are fan creations and not intended to be replicated in the show. Look at how many different shows, books, movies etc have led to fanfics, communities and art. Further, the communities are extremely open and tolerate all different types of human experiences. That is what I love so much about the MLP community, we provide an outlet for everyone. But that is not for everyone and we must accept and respect everyone's opinions- although, the bigoted comments are not right and sometimes evil, we must not stoop to their levels. We must stand strong and promote tolerance and above all

FRIENDSHIP!

Edited by Abaddon
  • Brohoof 1

Can't say I have, however I will go check it out! :o

EDIT: Well, I just read the first chapter... Brb, puking out my insides while I ponder how people who write these walk the earth~~

JK, it honestly wasn't terrible for what it is of course, which isn't really saying much to begin with. :l

I honestly liked that story for the plot, so feel welcome to skip the sex. It's not essential to know what they did, just who they did it with.

I honestly liked that story for the plot, so feel welcome to skip the sex. It's not essential to know what they did, just who they did it with.

Is that in the fanfic section?