Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

POLL: Do you like the MLP lesbian shippings?

Viridian Daybreak

Do you support the lesbian shippings?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support the lesbian shippings?

• Yes
    • No, I prefer the heterosexual shippings
    • No, I dislike shipping altogether
    • I don't mind either shippings

(edited)

I don't know if I recc'd that one to you guys or not, but I was reading that one earlier. It really grew into that, huh?

We never said they were. This is (obviously) fan made content, made by mature enough people, for other mature fans. We aren't attempting to get children to learn, for they should learn of these thing on their (and their legal guardian's) own terms. Your humble opinion is respected, even your views on sexuality. Yet, your reason for disliking shipping is ridiculous.

You misunderstand - I'm saying that I think homosexual shipping is ridiculous in a show like this, since the characters would never realistically be lesbian. I'm completely aware that it's fanmade, I just find it strange that people can speculate about stuff that's so unrealistic. No big deal at all.

I have nothing against lesbians at all, either, I just said it might offend someone who does have something against 'em.

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, and this is a rather sensitive subject, so I'll just stop here.

Edited by Shaoni

(edited)

You misunderstand - I'm saying that I think homosexual shipping is ridiculous in a show like this, since the characters would never realistically be lesbian. I'm completely aware that it's fanmade, I just find it strange that people can speculate about stuff that's so unrealistic. No big deal at all.

I have nothing against lesbians at all, either, I just said it might offend someone who does have something against 'em.

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, and this is a rather sensitive subject, so I'll just stop here.

I'd say about ~70% of the population is female, so that means there is a lot of competition, and since they are sapient they have their own feelings and thoughts, which means they could also be female. Yes, it might offend someone an this this is a sensitive subject. As stated before, this is fan made content, for other mature fans.

Edited by frenzyhero

Fanfictions about a popular TV show which involve homosexuality among the characters. What an interesting and not at all overdone concept...

Not interested. Honestly, the only place for that is the internet, where people who enjoy such odd fetishes can find it. No problems with homosexuality, but move into homo- erotic furriesbestialty other weirdness? Just no thankyou. I dont care to think about my favorite pony friends in that way TYVM = only reason i even know such crazy exists is because DeviantArt groups inadvertantly sullied my innocence. =P

• Brohoof 1

Not interested. Honestly, the only place for that is the internet, where people who enjoy such odd fetishes can find it. No problems with homosexuality, but move into homo- erotic furriesbestialty other weirdness? Just no thankyou. I dont care to think about my favorite pony friends in that way TYVM = only reason i even know such crazy exists is because DeviantArt groups inadvertantly sullied my innocence. =P

What do you have against homo-furry fics? I don't like most of them, but you're generalizing jt. Just because its furry its automatically weird?

What do you have against homo-furry fics? I don't like most of them, but you're generalizing jt. Just because its furry its automatically weird?

I dont have anything against it persay, but it is most definitely outside the realm of what the majority of people would consider normal, and I, myself, find it weird that someone would derive sexual pleasure out of conjuring up thoughts of animals or humanized animals, doinking. Thats all. Just not my thing. Problem? =P

Depends if the characters would actually like each other dude. Like putting two random characters that have nothing in common is just stupid dude. They need to have like a good history together, get like along well and be stoked when they get to hang out with each other. I don't give someone who doesn't like weed a joint dude because they don't want it, so be chill and like get two characters that get along well for it dude.

I dont have anything against it persay, but it is most definitely outside the realm of what the majority of people would consider normal, and I, myself, find it weird that someone would derive sexual pleasure out of conjuring up thoughts of animals or humanized animals, doinking. Thats all. Just not my thing. Problem? =P

I got what you said. It's just one thought that always comes to my mind when somepony says normal:

It's very normal a bunch of guys, from 15-more years, that like a show made for 7-10 years old girls.

(edited)

I honestly liked that story for the plot, so feel welcome to skip the sex. It's not essential to know what they did, just who they did it with.

I actually gave it a second chance. Really interesting plot, really. Once you get past the initial shock, it's actually a really good read. Thanks for opening me up too it! :]

Edited by FlutterDerpy582
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The only time I may oppose a ship on the basis of its orientation, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is if the characters have been clearly established as having a particular preference. For example, if Mr. Cake were to suddenly engage in a romantic tryst with Big Mac, I would find it difficult to follow because their characters are quite unambiguously heterosexual. It tends to cheapen the experience for me as the reader. An author will invariably have an agenda, but they can twist the pairing so much that the essence of the characters is effectively broken. It is one of my pet peeves with shipping among various fandoms.

Although I suspect the Mane Six are heterosexual, or at least are given to leaning that way, I can more readily imagine a homosexual relationship blossoming between two of them on the basis of the intimacy of their friendships. How those potential relationships would flourish, i.e. under what circumstances, is another question.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Honestly, I'm quite sick of them. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if people actually knew how to write slashfics, but sadly, they don't. At least in my experience. The one I'm most tired of is Rarijack. It's a kid's show for Celestia's sake. Why are we taking a show that was originally intended for four year old girls and turning it into Rent? Nothing against Rent, I love the show, but you get my point.

Edited by the magic catgirl

Honestly, I'm quite sick of them. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if people actually knew how to write slashfics, but sadly, they don't. At least in my experience. The one I'm most tired of is Rarijack.

Rarijack is too common. And...what do you mean by slashfic?