Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A (major?) change to the Blank Flanks system

Twilight Sparkle ✨

just to add in my two cents...

it was clearly stated EVERYWHERE around the forums about the avatar thing - first thing i noticed! and Trixies Apprentice Leona reminded me about it (first comment i got). i think thats about as obvious as you can get really.... but i also didn't really mind needing to become "a muffin" before i could upload an avatar, i did it in a day i think? and without trying to terribly hard at it either.

that being said, i dont care either way as it no longer affects me. i was just sayin' ^^;

I don't understand why there were so many posts asking about avatars in the first place. 90% of the forums I've been on required a minimum post count to have an avatar. Hell, one I frequent quite often has a 500 post minimum.

Wouldn't implementing a page during sign up specifically indicating how many post are needed to get an avatar, sig, etc. be a bit better solution? Just a thought. It wouldn't stop the questions altogether, but it would certainly reduce them by a great amount and not force us to give anyone who can put in an email address and a user name an avatar.

I personally dont come from any forums where you need a minimal post count. Furtopia.org and Ponydom.org are really the only forums I go on though so it sorta makes sense. I respect this system and think that its useful for limiting the type of people who only post one time then leave forever, giving us the illusion that they are still here because an avatar is showing and exc. I actually encourage this system to be on a lot more forums (Which it probably is) even though it can be annoying sometimes.

Suggestion: Swank Blank Flanks

While we're on the subject, I think it would be fun to change the default Blank Flank avatar from this:

post-2150-0-07123400-1344085145.png

To, say... something like this:

post-2150-0-51956300-1344084929.png

I know part of the reason for having a drab default avatar is to encourage new members to change it, but many don't, and if they don't, why not make it a little more sparkly around here?

Besides. We all know how much Feld0 likes Twilight. ^_^

/brown_nosing

(Or we could use something based on the CMC, since they are, after all, blank flanks themselves)

Edited by ponyvangelist

Honestly it would be rather creepy if all of those Newcomers have the same exact grinning Twilight as avatar.

Imagine, a question thread, every single blank flank are supporting that happy-over-the-roof Twilight...

Suggestion: Swank Blank Flanks

While we're on the subject, I think it would be fun to change the default Blank Flank avatar from this:

post-2150-0-07123400-1344085145.png

To, say... something like this:

I know part of the reason for having a drab default avatar is to encourage new members to change it, but many don't, and if they don't, why not make it a little more sparkly around here?

Besides. We all know how much Feld0 likes Twilight. ^_^

/brown_nosing

(Or we could use something based on the CMC, since they are, after all, blank flanks themselves)

B-but that's the canon Anon-ava! It's so awesome and everyone loves it!

I was one of those blank flanks that joined with Twitter I got a icon and when I post a welcome post, a pony welcomed me saying "you need 5 post to have a signature or profile image, I was confused cause I had one already...