Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twily (And the Firefly)

Ashbad

(edited)

Wild pixel art appears.

Posted Image

dA link -> http://theashbad.deviantart.com/art/Twily-Unfinished-318103752

Enjoy the fruit of my failure! :P Something I've been working on at a very slow pace for a month; going back to the drawing board on this one. Not pleased with how it's turning out. For now, enjoy what I made of it, since the next rendition will look entirely different. Basically throwing it out and starting anew, thought I'd post it anyways.

13 colors, loosely based on CPC colors at first, then shifted to other ones I thought worked better.

Expect to see this, except in a totally different form, eventually. I'm going to try again with a cooler pose, better compositional qualities, etc. The only thing that'll be the same in the next rendition is that there will be Twily and a Firefly; the similarities end there.

Not looking for C+C, already got all I need of it elsewhere.

Edited by Ashbad
  • Brohoof 9

I am in LOVE with those eyes! It's really, really cute <3 Nice work, good sir, I really like it a lot :)

(edited)

Thanks guys; I guess it could've turned out a lot worse :)

I actually kind of like it without the mouth it makes her look more cute :P

^ this is true, and the lack of a mouth was actually intended fully since the beginning. My new thumbnails have it open a bit in surprise (or a smile, I have multiple different thumbs I'm picking from) but having it there when it's not open I found detracted from it.

Edited by Ashbad

Pretty cooot actually, I love pixel art, I've done LOTS of my own but none of it turns out anything near this, my best would be my li'l Avi thing.

I gotta ask, how long do you usually take to do your normal stuff?

KUTGW

-Joe-

P.s. What do you use? I tend to use Paint for XP, odd, but it works.

Pretty cooot actually, I love pixel art, I've done LOTS of my own but none of it turns out anything near this, my best would be my li'l Avi thing.

I gotta ask, how long do you usually take to do your normal stuff?

KUTGW

-Joe-

P.s. What do you use? I tend to use Paint for XP, odd, but it works.

Well, this probably took 8-9 hours, had I decided to finish it I'd probably spend another 8-9 hours on it. Spending 20 hours on a single piece of pixel art isn't unheard of, in fact it's common; something even larger would take much longer.

As for what I use, a combination of MS Paint and Grafx2.

Add a background of light, lift the firefly up a little, and tilt the head back a bit, and I can already see this picture being both ethereal and surreal at the same time.

Nice ideas, but I'm already doing all of that in the next version; at least, it's what I'm currently planning.

This is an amazing picture, the colours are very nice, and the shading just makes it complete!

Great job Ashbad! :)

Edited by ApocalyptiCchaos