Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

in response to all this forum drama

Skullbuster

(i dont know where i should post it, so its here)

ok, im just getting tired of this, so im going to rant a bit

so ive noticed that a bit of drama is going on here, and thats normal, it happens every where, but whats annoying the crap out of me is how people are taking it! people here are freaking out over the tiniest of things, and then immediately start going "oh this forum is bad! blah blah blah blah" and then they feel the need to leave! and frankley im getting tired of it, quick news flash, not everyone is a nice person, theres going to be a few jerks, ok? thats how things are, just deal with it, trust me when i say it could be worse, a lot worse, hell, ive been to worse

let me ask you guys something...are all the moderators corrupt power hungry assholes who cant seem to get along and all have a personal vendetta against fedl0? are the mods and feld0 strict tyranical assholes? are a majority of the member a bunch of jerks? ill answer it for you, NO, and yes ive been to forums with those conditions

heres some advice, if someone talks shit about you or disrespects you in any sort of way, ignore them! "report and move on" as the old saying goes, there is a nice little ignore feature this forum has, and if that person still finds a way to harass you, tell a mod! its not that hard to do! as far as ive noticed, all the mods are pretty cool people, and if you see one of the mods acting like an asshole, tell feld0! simple stuff really

maybe its because im rather apathetic, and not a lot gets to me, but its not that hard to ignore some one, and all this drama is stupid and is very unessicary as well

and dont go around starting drama either, heres a few pointers:

if you see a thread that you know will rustle your jimmies, dont click it, ignore it

if your criticizing something and you dont like it, dont be an asshole about it, explain what you dont like about it in a friendly manor(or dont say anything)

if you feel the need to tell a member something, or ask him to stop being a jerk or whatever, take it to PM and be nice and polite about it ok?

everyone can have a good time and make friends here, ive loved my time on the forums, but its things like this that tick me off

and another thing, if you say something, like a status update or a thread, and it doesnt get a lot of attention, thats not something to complain about either, people get ignored all the time,

and another thing of BS ive seen from time to time is "i feel disconected from the forum" or "i dont have a place here anymore" if you want me to roll my eyes in stupidity post that, this is a forum, just post stuff and talk to others, sorry if you dont get enough attention to fill your needs, just deal with it

i just wanted to get that out there, i expect civil discussion in this thread if you decide to post in it

• Brohoof 25

I've actually seen the drama die down by a lot. It's just the last few who are causing it are extremely vocal, and trying to make everything seem worse than it already is.

• Brohoof 6

I'm really not seeing much if any, but maybe I'm just too busy causing my own chaos to notice the chaos of others. At any rate I do think things are doing fairly well right now, and I don't see any big rant topics by staff with arguments flinging to and fro, so I'm inclined to say that I see things as relatively fine.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

I've actually seen the drama die down by a lot. It's just the last few who are causing it are extremely vocal, and trying to make everything seem worse than it already is.

i agree, but the other problem is the other people on the receiving end of the drama taking it way too seriously

OHMAGAWD I KNOW.

I guess I'm not enough of a veteran to see "how the forums have changed" and "how everyone is sooooo disconnected" and all that stuff. Shut up and move on if you don't like it here. It's not like we're forcing you to stay.

And when they leave, I bet they lurk a TON.

'Cept Dragonshy. Dragonshy does what Dragonshy wants.

• Brohoof 1

I'm really not seeing much if any, but maybe I'm just too busy causing my own chaos to notice the chaos of others. At any rate I do think things are doing fairly well right now, and I don't see any big rant topics by staff with arguments flinging to and fro, so I'm inclined to say that I see things as relatively fine.

yes, things are going well, which is why everytime some one complains about something it just irraites me

and another thing of BS ive seen from time to time is "i feel disconected from the forum" or "i dont have a place here anymore" if you want me to roll my eyes in stupidity post that, this is a forum, just post stuff and talk to others, sorry if you dont get enough attention to fill your needs, just deal with it

I disagree with this because when you spend enough time at one particular place/site, you develop an attachment to it and you breed expectations and you derive needs from it. When the place/site no longer fulfill the needs you seek from it, you can feel detached and disappointed in what the place/site has become. So even though "its just a forum", people see it as more than that and have a deeper connection to it.

• Brohoof 8

I disagree with this because when you spend enough time at one particular place/site, you develop an attachment to it and you breed expectations and you derive needs from it. When the place/site no longer fulfill the needs you seek from it, you can feel detached and disappointed in what the place/site has become. So even though "its just a forum", people see it as more than that and have a deeper connection to it.

You reminded me of Doc speakin' bout how Tardis is a living organism. O_o

You know, I honestly don't think this topic was a good idea. :X

If there isn't a friendship problem, let's make a friendship problem.

By saying there is drama, you'll start drama. :/ Just sayin.

Because I remember how the huge drama 14 days ago started. And trust me, you would laugh.

yes but the thing is, if you become attached like that, instead of complaining about the problem you should try to find a solution

heres an example:

i was in a bungie.net forum group, in this forum group a fight errupted and left the leader of the group and a high ranking mod at odds with each other, now i had been in this group for at least a year, and i stuck with it thick and thin, now the thing was, both of those members were good friends of mine, so what did i do? instead of pointing out the problem like a lot of people did, i tried to fix it, i talked with both members and eventually i was able to end it before it turned into a civil war,

point is, instead of complaining and whining do something about it

• Brohoof 6

Agreed. That's why I was very vocal in the Boatload of Mods thread because I didn't particularly like the decision and what could possibly come from it. I didn't have the power to make any changes but I expressed my concern to the people that did.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

heres another thing i would like to add, if you feel the need to complain about something, fine, thats what people do we complain, but at least add a "heres how to fix it" to your complaint, otherwise you're not doing anything to solve the problem and your just being annoying

Edited by SkullBuster
  • Brohoof 2

People can't fix a problem that isn't there @Skullbuster. I don't see the need for this thread. There is no actual "forum drama" and if there has been, then I must have missed it, which means that it can't be that serious, such as when there were feelings of mass suicide with some of you...

Can you tell me just what this drama is all about? Or is this just a general response?

Yes, we lurk. I still love this place...

The only people I see posting that they're are disconnected from the forums are usually people that never post or make themselves heard. They aren't proactive. However, when a places values change so much, it could be possible, as @Fizzle said (yes, I know I'm using that wrong) to feel detatched because it isn't what it used to be.

On the issue of mods, as a hated and corrupted moderator for a now dieing forum, I can assure you this forum has a fantastic team of moderators, and anyone complaining needs to be kicked in the teeth.

I would write more, but the PS3 character limit is kicking in.

• Brohoof 3

People can't fix a problem that isn't there @Skullbuster. I don't see the need for this thread. There is no actual "forum drama" and if there has been, then I must have missed it, which means that it can't be that serious, such as when there were feelings of mass suicide with some of you...

Can you tell me just what this drama is all about? Or is this just a general response?

Yes, we lurk. I still love this place...

The only people I see posting that they're are disconnected from the forums are usually people that never post or make themselves heard. They aren't proactive. However, when a places values change so much, it could be possible, as @Fizzle said (yes, I know I'm using that wrong) to feel detatched because it isn't what it used to be.

On the issue of mods, as a hated and corrupted moderator for a now dieing forum, I can assure you this forum has a fantastic team of moderators, and anyone complaining needs to be kicked in the teeth.

I would write more, but the PS3 character limit is kicking in.

and the sad thing is yes your right, there isnt a whole lot of drama, and these people shouldnt be complaining, my problem is when these people wildly over react to the little drama that there is, thats whats got me aggravated,

• Brohoof 1

Words to live by!, I brohoof you sir

If I wanted drama I would watch it on TV than having it happen on the INTERWEBS!

@@False Perception,

I agree, i've been lying under a rock or i just missed it as it wasn't to big of a deal.

Though saying that i don't think i'm part of the forum as much i should be i feel like a post and know one know sme *crys* but thats fine :P the few people that do know me are nice to me always. Also the people that i don't speek to hardly ever are always nice to me. Maybe i just missed it? Or it's not as a big deal as everyone thinks you've just got caught in all/most of the bull

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I have the best idea for combating drama, it's very simple: Report, and move on. Posting threads like this, while you may think you're "calling out the drama", is really drama in itself. Especially because it's very obvious you were angry while writing it, considering your grammar and spelling is all over the place. Ignoring it works best, drama is fed by those who recognize it; it's squelched by those who ignore it.

I'm going to follow my own advice to you by saying this and nothing more.

Edited by Ashbad
  • Brohoof 3

Posted Image

"But in all seriousness, it's the industrial revolution (or any other period where change occurs?) all over again!! Run for the hills!! What's that approaching?! It's CHANGE!!!"

Don't get all attached. Everything has to develop in some sort of way.

• Brohoof 2

@@False Perception,

I agree, i've been lying under a rock or i just missed it as it wasn't to big of a deal.

Though saying that i don't think i'm part of the forum as much i should be i feel like a post and know one know sme *crys* but thats fine :P the few people that do know me are nice to me always. Also the people that i don't speek to hardly ever are always nice to me. Maybe i just missed it? Or it's not as a big deal as everyone thinks you've just got caught in all/most of the bull

you know, im glad that im getting a few responses like this, there really isnt a whole lot of drama that ive noticed, it when people wildly over react to the drama that is there that makes me roll my eyes,

you know, im glad that im getting a few responses like this, there really isnt a whole lot of drama that ive noticed, it when people wildly over react to the drama that is there that makes me roll my eyes,

oh that makes sense! I saw a drama in the make a sig thread or what ever it was but that's all i've really seen :)

I say let them make drama it's there time there wasting :)

Edited by Midnightive
  • Brohoof 1

The most "drama" I've ever seen out of my whopping 24 or 25 days here is... well... nothing. I think there was one time when I first joined, there was something going on, but I was too derpy to even understand it. I've never faced drama on here, yet.

My first impression when joining this forum is that the moderators are absolutely amazing, the people are no doubt wonderful, and that everything is absolutely perfect. I believe in this more and more every day. :P

• Brohoof 2

I think most of us have been thinking this, but never really voiced our opinions in a thread. :P

Though I must say, where you said "

IS kind of off, as XFizzle said. For example.. I've been on this forum for months, and have made a some what home for myself. As in, that thread where we post metal and all. So if the mods just found that thread obscene one day, and deleted it, I would basically lose the one place that I REALLY enjoyed on this forum, or my "home". I would definitely feel out of place because of this.

But there are many other reasons for that besides a thread. Many people people are leaving, and what if someone's good friend decided to leave one day? Like, an RP buddy or something of that sort? I'm sure that they'd feel disconnected because of that.

Other than that, I agree with you, Skull. Good job! :D

• Brohoof 1

I think most of us have been thinking this, but never really voiced our opinions in a thread. :P

Though I must say, where you said "

IS kind of off, as XFizzle said. For example.. I've been on this forum for months, and have made a some what home for myself. As in, that thread where we post metal and all. So if the mods just found that thread obscene one day, and deleted it, I would basically lose the one place that I REALLY enjoyed on this forum, or my "home". I would definitely feel out of place because of this.

But there are many other reasons for that besides a thread. Many people people are leaving, and what if someone's good friend decided to leave one day? Like, an RP buddy or something of that sort? I'm sure that they'd feel disconnected because of that.

Other than that, I agree with you, Skull. Good job! :D

i addressed xfizzles point, if something bad happens to the thing you were attached to, do something about it instead of whining

and yes, i hate it when members leave, even if i dont know them very well, i often do all in my power to prevent them from leaving

• Brohoof 1

The one thing that bugs me with this whole thing is the people that feel the need to make a thread saying: "This forum sucks, I'm leaving."

If you no longer wish to participate in the forum, that's fine. But I honestly don't think it's entirely necessary to go out of your way to complain about the site and tell everyone that they no longer get to experience the joy of partaking of your wonderful insight because you got offended or don't like the fact that the forum evolved in some way.

Those are my thoughts.

• Brohoof 3

The one thing that bugs me with this whole thing is the people that feel the need to make a thread saying: "This forum sucks, I'm leaving."

If you no longer wish to participate in the forum, that's fine. But I honestly don't think it's entirely necessary to go out of your way to complain about the site and tell everyone that they no longer get to experience the joy of partaking of your wonderful insight because you got offended or don't like the fact that the forum evolved in some way.

Those are my thoughts.

i partially agree,

while i prefer that some one make a thread about them leaving, they should give an adequate reason why, instead of just saying "bye guys im leaving now" it leaves people confused and the such