Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk

TheUltimateAvenger

Well seeing how ive seen a CRAP ton of other views on my other thread, i guess you people are good debaters. Now lets make it more interesting

Which of these gods of annoyance is the best.

1.) Which one is funnier/the funnier villian?

3.) Which one can be more intimidating/the better villian?

AND

4.) Which one is more powerful?

Now THIS is a topic i can get into. But i must admit this is gonna be hard.

1.) Mxyzptlk, the guy has way more funny lines and more appearances plus ive always loved old Super Friends episodes

2.) Discord, Mxyzptlk is more of a pest than an actual villian, Discord did more than just annoy Celestia

AND

3.) uhhhh... i dont know, Mxyztlk did turn an entire world into the Planet of OZ for a game, but the whole reverse name thing is a bummer (though i did hear that he only used that against Superman so... yeah). Im gonna go with... a TIE since i dont know the limits of there power

What do you think?

Now THIS is a topic i can get into. But i must admit this is gonna be hard.

1.) Mxyzptlk, the guy has way more funny lines and more appearances plus ive always loved old Super Friends episodes

2.) Discord, Mxyzptlk is more of a pest than an actual villian, Discord did more than just annoy Celestia

AND

3.) uhhhh... i dont know, Mxyztlk did turn an entire world into the Planet of OZ for a game, but the whole reverse name thing is a bummer (though i did hear that he only used that against Superman so... yeah). Im gonna go with... a TIE since i dont know the limits of there power

What do you think?

I agree with you on one

i kinda see what you mean n 2, though if you go Non-canon, Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tommorow. that could be a different scenario

3.) Should have made it Comic vs DCAU. BATB Mxy would be on par so yeah.

I agree with you on one

i kinda see what you mean n 2, though if you go Non-canon, Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tommorow. that could be a different scenario

3.) Should have made it Comic vs DCAU. BATB Mxy would be on par so yeah.

Never actually read Whatever Happened to the Man of Tommorow so dont spoil it please, but i do know that Mxy is in it so thats cool enough for me.

• 1 year later...

Discord was the highlight of his episode, but just like with the humor of the show, he's childish. Mxy likes to break the 4th wall in the best ways possible and make hilarious Superman puns. Mxy by a mile.

2.) Which one can be more intimidating/the better villian?

Mxy at any moment could destroy Superman. He is a GOD. He has the will to destroy anything on its path will not stop until someone says his name backwards and sends him to his own dimension.

Mxy by a kilometer.

3.) Which one is more powerful? 

Discord has no destructive means to harm anything, because he's a prankster not a real villain willing to killa an destroy.

Mxyzptlk, on the other hand, can stretch his arms just a little bit and the multiverse explodes into fireworks.

He once knocked out, alongside Bat-Mite, another powerful being, the Spectre, one of the most powerful beings on the DC Universe.

Mxy wrecks Discord with so much ease it's not even funny.

Well maybe a little. :yay: 

:umad: -...

Discord was the highlight of his episode, but just like with the humor of the show, he's childish. Mxy likes to break the 4th wall in the best ways possible and make hilarious Superman puns. Mxy by a mile.

2.) Which one can be more intimidating/the better villian?

Mxy at any moment could destroy Superman. He is a GOD. He has the will to destroy anything on its path will not stop until someone says his name backwards and sends him to his own dimension.

Mxy by a kilometer.

3.) Which one is more powerful?

Discord has no destructive means to harm anything, because he's a prankster not a real villain willing to killa an destroy.

Mxyzptlk, on the other hand, can stretch his arms just a little bit and the multiverse explodes into fireworks.

He once knocked out, alongside Bat-Mite, another powerful being, the Spectre, one of the most powerful beings on the DC Universe.

Mxy wrecks Discord with so much ease it's not even funny.

Well maybe a little. :yay:

:umad: -...

You are probably right but Discord is far from having no actually dangerous ability. He has not had a need to be violent or get in harms way and usually he is just messing around, get him serious and we will see how powerful he is.

You are probably right but Discord is far from having no actually dangerous ability. He has not had a need to be violent or get in harms way and usually he is just messing around, get him serious and we will see how powerful he is.

So far I only saw him serious in the S4 finale, when he realised that all hope was lost.

But aside from that, he never harmed anyone during the time he was ruler of Equestria. Still, he tortured ponies for his own satisfaction. That's pretty evil indeed.

canterlot_castle_discord_stained_glass_w

But when you compare a little kid's cartoon's villain against a high-tier villain from DC that always mocks SUPERMAN into how much of a weakling he is, something always goes bad. 

A hyperimp from the 5th dimension versus the embodiment of chaos...

Now THIS is a great match up.

While "Discord not having any dangerous abilities" is BS, since just because he hasn't DONE anything lethal doesn't mean he CAN'T (his powers are nearly limitless, you really think he can't kill someone if he really wanted to?), Mxyzptlk trumps him in nearly category...

Expect cleverness.

Discord has seeded plans within plans within smaller plans before, and has proven time again that he is great at distraction and annoyance.

Myx is very short tempered and is not the cleverest guy around.

If the Big Blue BoyScout can trick him into repeatedly saying his own name, Discord definitely can as well.

Just last long enough for Myx to be so annoyed and frustrated he looses his cool (and all forms of self-control with it), and bam...

Discord wins.

And this is coming form the ultimate DC fanboy, too.

Edited by Dattebayo

So far I only saw him serious in the S4 finale, when he realised that all hope was lost.

But aside from that, he never harmed anyone during the time he was ruler of Equestria. Still, he tortured ponies for his own satisfaction. That's pretty evil indeed.

canterlot_castle_discord_stained_glass_w

But when you compare a little kid's cartoon's villain against a high-tier villain from DC that always mocks SUPERMAN into how much of a weakling he is, something always goes bad.

That is why I said you are probably right, I just wanted to point out Discord COULD put up a fight ( as long as he isnt plot drivenly dumb enough to have his power drained away like a little wimp...ugh)

• Brohoof 1

That is why I said you are probably right, I just wanted to point out Discord COULD put up a fight ( as long as he isnt plot drivenly dumb enough to have his power drained away like a little wimp...ugh)

Oh, yeah, I don't disagree with you, Discord won't go down easily, he's pretty powerful.

While "Discord not having any dangerous abilities" is BS, since just because he hasn't DONE anything lethal doesn't mean he CAN'T (his powers are nearly limitless, you really think he can't kill someone if he really wanted to?), Mxyzptlk trumps him in nearly category...

Expect cleverness.

Discord has seeded plans within plans within smaller plans before, and has proven time again that he is great at distraction and annoyance.

If the Big Blue BoyScout can trick him into repeatedly saying his own name, Discord definitely can as well.

Just last long enough for Myx to be so annoyed and frustrated he looses his cool (and all forms of self-control with it), and bam...

Discord wins.

Yeah, sure, ultimate DC fanboy agreeing that Mxy loses to this goat thing...

Are you calling everyone else stupid? >_>

Mxy can destroy multiverses, and by seen in the S4 finale, the power that Tirek acquired by Discord gives him merely enough power to destroy mountains.

Mxy is FAR more intelligent, and Superman is still thousands of times more intelligent than any computer, so, also a lot much than Discord, who rather outmatches in strength speed and power mere PONIES.

Seriously though, what are you saying...

Expect cleverness.

Discord wins.

Also, Mxy's name would be almost impossible to say for Discord. If Mxy realizes what Discord is trying to do he would be vaporised easily.

Oh, yeah, I don't disagree with you, Discord won't go down easily, he's pretty powerful.

Yeah, sure, ultimate DC fanboy agreeing that Mxy loses to this goat thing...

Are you calling everyone else stupid? >_>

Mxy can destroy multiverses, and by seen in the S4 finale, the power that Tirek acquired by Discord gives him merely enough power to destroy mountains.

Mxy is FAR more intelligent, and Superman is still thousands of times more intelligent than any computer, so, also a lot much than Discord, who rather outmatches in strength speed and power mere PONIES.

Seriously though, what are you saying...

Also, Mxy's name would be almost impossible to say for Discord. If Mxy realizes what Discord is trying to do he would be vaporised easily.

Supes is smart, there's no denying that.

But he's really all not that clever. Too naive to see the shades of grays in life.

What are you basing Myx being more intelligent on?

Even if you were just basing it off the cartoon, he was tricked repeatedly by the "wait a sec, how do you say you're name backwards again?" trick.

So what are YOU saying?

I'm calling bullsh*t.

You can't do that in a match up. That's...just plain ol bullsh*t.

I could just say "oh, well, Discord turns him into a bug and steps on him". It's bullsh*t.

If that's the case, why wouldn't he just vaporize superman?

It's pride.

We have to assume that beating Dsicord will also be a pride thing.

Hence, no bullsh*t instant kills.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

Supes is smart, there's no denying that.

But he's really all not that clever. Too naive to see the shades of grays in life.

What are you basing Myx being more intelligent on?

Even if you were just basing it off the cartoon, he was tricked repeatedly by the "wait a sec, how do you say you're name backwards again?" trick.

So what are YOU saying?

I'm calling bullsh*t.

You can't do that in a match up. That's...just plain ol bullsh*t.

I could just say "oh, well, Discord turns him into a bug and steps on him". It's bullsh*t.

If that's the case, why wouldn't he just vaporize superman?

It's pride.

We have to assume that beating Dsicord will also be a pride thing.

Hence, no bullsh*t instant kills.

First of all, don't ever remind me of the cartoon version. That was the most annoying Mxy of all time.

Also the weakest, aswell as the Superman from the cartoon, all the characters were weakened to be less OP.

And yeah, Mxy would turn Dipcord into a bug because, as I said up there, MXY IS A FRIGGIN GOD. HE KNOCKED OUT THE SPECTRE, FOR GOD'S SAKE. (Alongside Bat-Mite, but still)

Tell me ONE feat that shows Discord having any kind of destructive or harming power. Because, that, my friend, is called feat. Basing a feat from a featless character is useless.

First of all, don't ever remind me of the cartoon version. That was the most annoying Mxy of all time.

Also the weakest, aswell as the Superman from the cartoon, all the characters were weakened to be less OP.

And yeah, Mxy would turn Dipcord into a bug because, as I said up there, MXY IS A FRIGGIN GOD. HE KNOCKED OUT THE SPECTRE, FOR GOD'S SAKE. (Alongside Bat-Mite, but still)

Tell me ONE feat that shows Discord having any kind of destructive or harming power. Because, that, my friend, is called feat. Basing a feat from a featless character is useless.

You're giving me that, eh?

You can't say that because Discord is, afterall, from a children's show, hence the most destructive thing he's done is changed the world around him to what he sees fit, which is pretty destructive.

But I'm not arguing that Discord is more powerful than Myx. I'm arguing that all Discord has to do is hold on long enough for Myx to lose his cool, and then go to work on his psyche with those mind games Discord is known so well for.

He will make him accidentally say his name backwards, and that'll be game.

• Brohoof 1

You're giving me that, eh?

You can't say that because Discord is, afterall, from a children's show, hence the most destructive thing he's done is changed the world around him to what he sees fit, which is pretty destructive.

But I'm not arguing that Discord is more powerful than Myx. I'm arguing that all Discord has to do is hold on long enough for Myx to lose his cool, and then go to work on his psyche with those mind games Discord is known so well for.

He will make him accidentally say his name backwards, and that'll be game.

If Discord makes Mxy mad, Discord is doomed, so this is another one-sided battle that goes to the much superior being.

This is close to an ant confronting a whale.

Edited by Darker

If Discord makes Mxy mad, Discord is doomed, so this is another one-sided battle that goes to the much superior being.

This is close to an ant confronting a whale.

Oh come on.

I'm giving valid arguments and you're just saying "nope, Myx is better, you lose".

This is no fun.

• Brohoof 1

Oh come on.

I'm giving valid arguments and you're just saying "nope, Myx is better, you lose".

This is no fun.

I'm brohoofing that comment, your statements are indeed valid, but it misses the point that in a battle with reality-warpers of this kind, many things can happen.

I give it to Mxy 8 times out of 10, and Discord 2 out of 10 times he can defeat Mxy by tricks and etcetera.

Oh come on.

This is no fun.

This is why such opinionated and lopsided matchups should not happen. Discords powers are largely unknown and he is getting pit against a dc character. there is nothing else to dicuss cause the answer was made before the question was completed. Edited by Buck Testa

This is why such opinionated and lopsided matchups should not happen. Discords powers are largely unknown and he is getting pit against a dc character. there is nothing else to dicuss cause the answer was made before the question was completed.

They're usually fun...

I guess actually balanced matches are harder to create than I thought.

They're usually fun...

I guess actually balanced matches are harder to create than I thought.

I will say from what we DO know about Discord is that his range of influence is limited to a general area, he can be immobilized with magic, he does not take things serious enough, he can get sick, and he clearly can be manipulated. This is not even close to a even matchup.

Oh well if this guy Mxy or what ever is a god. Discords like the prince of chaos. He'll just fuck with mxy lots and he'll just give up and cry in a corner.

I will say from what we DO know about Discord is that his range of influence is limited to a general area, he can be immobilized with magic, he does not take things serious enough, he can get sick, and he clearly can be manipulated. This is not even close to a even matchup.

Well, the Blu Flu was a made up disease he projected on himself as having to annoy everyone (which causes magic and flight to be all wonky on all non-Discord infected, by the way, so that can am a be a weapon), but the rest are valid points.

Oh well if this guy Mxy or what ever is a god. Discords like the prince of chaos. He'll just fuck with mxy lots and he'll just give up and cry in a corner.

It seriously isn't as simple as that.

Well, the Blu Flu was a made up disease he projected on himself as having to annoy everyone (which causes magic and flight to be all wonky on all non-Discord infected, by the way, so that can am a be a weapon), but the rest are valid points.

It seriously isn't as simple as that.

blue flu was fake yes, I was referring to that green pox thing he had got from the hentai tentacle monster. At the end of the day this is just as lopsided as the other horrid topics like Goku vs Tirek (really?)

blue flu was fake yes, I was referring to that green pox thing he had got from the hentai tentacle monster. At the end of the day this is just as lopsided as the other horrid topics like Goku vs Tirek (really?)

Oh yeah, that guy

This one was alot more balanced than the others, I'll tell you that