Is Fluttershy overrated?

Toughbrony20

I think it is quite the contrary, I think Rainbow dash is the most overused (which I have zero problems with)

She was bronycon '12 mascot, she is on like all the mercy (except hot topic)

I think this is because she represents coolness, awesome, and radicalness...

• Brohoof 1

I like your Fluttershy impression! You two seem really suited for each other!

Just a tip though... You might want to cut down on the obviously untrue allegations towards her friends. I doubt she finds it endearing :)

Oh… impression...? Um, if that's what you want to call it...

And if that came out wrong, I'm so sorry! I... I don't know... Rainbow Dash is a good friend, I must say... Me being Fluttershy's husband and all, Dashie is around me quite often too... I like all of my mare's friends; they're all very good friends, and would most likely defend me too...

But I'll always love my beautiful Fluttershy...

And... Um... I've been questioned by others as to whether I'm role playing or not...

No... I don't role play... I hope nopony takes this as weird...

Idk why... But I do think so but I don't think so...

Flutershy is normally a shy pony... But is strong harted when the time is right...

She is shy of ponys... But not shy of animals...

One of her dreams was to befriend the animals at the gala... Since she is not shy around animals she has a different opinion and personality with animals.... (That made sense righ?)

Notes how her friends get frustrated when flutershy is being a scairdypony?

Flutershy got really frustrated at the gala... And went ape shit...

Thus flutershy is not overrated and....

Oh fuck it... She is overrated... Idk why... But she kind of is but kind of isn't...

6_9

• 3 years later...

Fluttershy is overpowered in my opinion. Not only does she have the stare, she is the only one who can control a villain. If she wasn't so... Fluttershy... She would make Twilight look pathetic. She could probably defeat all the Princesses at once. If she ever beats her anxiety, she will be a Mary Sue character.

Fluttershy is overpowered in my opinion. Not only does she have the stare, she is the only one who can control a villain. If she wasn't so... Fluttershy... She would make Twilight look pathetic. She could probably defeat all the Princesses at once. If she ever beats her anxiety, she will be a Mary Sue character.

The Stare didn't work on Discord when she tried it in Season 3.

• Brohoof 1

In terms of fandom endearment, she's one of the most overrated ponies imo as her character arc post S1 has mostly been her relearning how not to be anxious and afraid of social communications in different ways while we have:

Twilight Sparkle: Learning to be a better friend that allowed her to become a new Alicorn Princess. She's right now undergoing an arc where she's pretty much trying to learn to be a leader for ponies, and being a mentor to the CMC's while trying to figure out for why the Cutie map wants them and is sending away missions for them to do.

Rainbow Dash: Learning to be less self absorbed of her abilities, becoming a wonderbolt, and being a loving surrogate sister and owner to Scootaloo and Tank respectively.

Rarity: Achieving her dream bit by bit to becoming a famed fashionista, learning to be more generous and to spread it for others to enjoy, and learned to be a more affectionate sister.

Pinkie Pie: Trying to bridge the gap between her family and Apples so she and Applejack can bond even more while learning to be more mature of her party planning and behavior.

Applejack: Learning to becoming the successor to Grannie Smith as matriach of the apple family and helping Pinkie Pie out to having their families bond with each other as cousins or so.

Sunset Shimmer: In 3 movies, she may have started off bad, but Sunset Shimmer has emerged as a more interesting character than Fluttershy imo as she became a successfully redeemed character whose arc in EQG series has emerged as one of the best attributes for it.

Fluttershy: The sad thing is that despite my criticism, Fluttershy is actually showing signs of development in S5 as they seem to be relying less on Flutttershy's anxiety to carry her (though I haven't seen the upcoming episode yet) in episodes where she's actually more assertive and she's not being so sheepish about it. However, if it weren't for her bond for Discord in S3 or so, she would literally have little to no development in between S2 and S5 as she had very little in character department in S3 and S4 that doesn't repeat a lesson she already learned in a different format.

Fluttershy isn't a terrible character imo, but when you compare her to some of the other characters on the show, she's definitely one of the weakest developed characters on the show despite having one of the largest sub groups in the fandom. The reason for this is the following points:

A. Due to how many introverts are in the fandom, Fluttershy was the most visible pony for many to bond with.

B. Her shy, moe personality is easily one of the most attractive personalities for many fans to grow attached to to a character.

C. Her cute design and love for animals is another factor for many to be attracted.

I can see why so many would bond with Fluttershy and be fans of her as it's not to say I don't like her. It's just the critic in me views her as a character that has plenty to be fixed or added to be put up to speed with other characters on the show for development.

• Brohoof 2