Posted Image

Title: Equestria Origins Online

Version: Alphe 0.3

Credits:

BronyPony

Soarin

Server: Online

What is it?:

Equestria Origins Online is a new online My Little Pony MMORPG that is being released. In this game, you can go and explore the outer reaches of Equestria and meet people online to do activities, fight monsters, and much more. Choose from a selection of ponies to play as, which all have different abilities. Unlock certain abilities that will allow you to go to different parts of Equestria, even into the Everfree Forest.

What is the status?: The game is currently under development, but since we wanted everyone to have a chance to preview it we released the Alpha 0.2.

Controls: Arrow Keys - movement

Ctrl - Interact with other characters

Enter - pick up items

Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi5BI8tIGgI

Sorry I couldn't provide that much detail. Currently there isn't that much to talk about besides the current level is under construction still. Later, though, there will be more built onto the Equestrian map.

Here is the new download: http://www.awsomisoft.com/client.zip

Also, in order for the game to run, you need this runtime environment: http://www.filedropper.com/eoruntimes

We currently do not have a website to report bugs, so report bugs here.

Feedback would be nice! :)

Notice: We are looking for some artists that could make this game look awesome! If you are interested, PM me with some work to show your talents.

Edited by BronyPony
  • Brohoof 13

You should probably change the gold to bits, since ponies have bits as currency.

I am going to give it a try, and right after it, if I need to, I'll report any bug here.

• Brohoof 1

Support Apocalyptica!!! Visit the official Apocalyptica website: http://www.apocalyptica.com/us

Oh, yes... My OC/ponysona: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/metalic-strings-r1553

hm it doesnt seem to work i got a message stating:

component 'RICHTX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Edited by Guest

Dang I keep forgetting to provide the runtime environment download. Well, it is now in the topic post.

EDIT: Alright since that is fixed, just waiting for some more users to try out. :)

does the game have any viruses?

No the game does not have viruses. Edited by BronyPony

This still seem very basic - are you going to add any more to it? :P Eclipse is fairly easy to use, while still being a nice engine, so this could probably become good if more work is put into it.

I frequently edit my new posts to fix grammatical errors or to reword stuff, so sorry if I make it look like I'm forging my messages to change the meaning of anyone's replies or something.

Reading the blog below kills more brain cells per minute than smoking:

so how exactly do i add the new file to the old one? it wont extract for whatever reason (i sound like such a computer noob right now)

This still seem very basic - are you going to add any more to it? :P Eclipse is fairly easy to use, while still being a nice engine, so this could probably become good if more work is put into it.

Hence the term "Alpha" :P

For the new file, you just need to install it after extraction. Keep the other files from the first download because that is what has the client and all.

And, yes I am using the Eclipse engine, however I am pretty much recoding everything in it.

Hence the term "Alpha" :P

Oh, sorry, didn't see that there ~

Well, good luck anyways. I've wanted to see a decent MLP MMO for a long while now, even if I do think it sounds hard to pull off.

I frequently edit my new posts to fix grammatical errors or to reword stuff, so sorry if I make it look like I'm forging my messages to change the meaning of anyone's replies or something.

Reading the blog below kills more brain cells per minute than smoking:

Oh, sorry, didn't see that there ~

Well, good luck anyways. I've wanted to see a decent MLP MMO for a long while now, even if I do think it sounds hard to pull off.

Well, another alpha is coming soon, which will include better graphics and better characters to choose from.

Can't wait to see who is going to play.

didnt work for me i installed the runtime enviroment and tried to open the client and it said i couldnt do you know what went wrong

What was the error? If you can tell me the error or give a screenshot, I can fix it.

im not sure it said the file was corrupt im trying to fix it now

For some reason, WinRAR messed up the zip folder when zipping it. For now, people might have to use WinRAR to fix the problem. I will be uploading another client file soon.

For some reason, WinRAR messed up the zip folder when zipping it. For now, people might have to use WinRAR to fix the problem. I will be uploading another client file soon.

ok sounds good but i think this is gooing to be an amazing game by the way

Yp2Ius.png

That MMO project needs more artistically-inclined people. :(

Earth tones in the GUI, yet saturated blues and greens in the background. Free resources were used for tile work, and they don't quite fit in with the pony sprites you have, let alone make sense to create the world of Equestria.

Edited by Pix3M

ok sounds good but i think this is gooing to be an amazing game by the way

Thanks! Considering that we only have 3 people on our team, I think it will turn out really well. :)

That MMO project needs more artistically-inclined people. :(

Earth tones in the GUI, yet saturated blues and greens in the background. Free resources were used for tile work, and they don't quite fit in with the pony sprites you have.

We are happy to accept artists to help with the project. ;)

We are happy to accept artists to help with the project. ;)

There's already another game project I'm getting tangled up on. You're gonna need a ton of luck finding somebody talented to create something really awesome.

Better yet, you're gonna need a TON of dedication for this project if you're gonna create a massive MMO that includes the outer reaches of Equestria. Think about how large your team is. Look at the size of indie games that are produced with a team that size. You're not gonna find too many MMO's done with a team of just a handful, let alone any MMO's done with a budget low enough to be called indie.

I also recently resigned from another MMO project due to extremely mediocre planning and organization which has caused another spriter to create an enormous sprite sheet for a background pony which already had a sprite sheet done. Unless you have an idea of how to correctly organize a game project and know why other game projects out there have failed and never been released, I wouldn't expect this MMO project to get too far.

Edited by Pix3M

There's already another game project I'm getting tangled up on. You're gonna need a ton of luck finding somebody talented to create something really awesome.

Better yet, you're gonna need a TON of dedication for this project if you're gonna create a massive MMO that includes the outer reaches of Equestria. Think about how large your team is. Look at the size of indie games that are produced with a team that size. You're not gonna find too many MMO's done with a team of just a handful, let alone any MMO's done with a budget low enough to be called indie.

I also recently resigned from another MMO project due to extremely mediocre planning and organization which has caused another spriter to create an enormous sprite sheet for a background pony which already had a sprite sheet done. Unless you have an idea of how to correctly organize a game project and know why other game projects out there have failed and never been released, I wouldn't expect this MMO project to get too far.

• I have been involved in many game projects that have been successful. I know how to organize a team to make something great(including the fact that I have had 8 years of experience in the software development and game development field)
  • I don't give up easily.
If you are willing to help, we would be glad to accept it, but if not then we can do it ourselves. :)

i see you a lot on these forums and you are always so well... grumpy why is that i mean no offence but come on man lighten up a bit, you really bash on people a lot

Yp2Ius.png

i see you a lot on these forums and you are always so well... grumpy why is that i mean no offence but come on man lighten up a bit, you really bash on people a lot

I think he has really good points actually. A lot of the time, MMOs are started and then just end because of the amount of money and commitment it takes to really get one off the ground, but still our team is really committed to developing this game(not to mention the Skype meetings we have to organize the project).

Again, I say this is an early alpha stage. From a programming stand point, graphics are the last things to think about in a game programming project. As we move on with the project, the graphics will begin to look way better.

Anyways thanks for the feedback and support. It is needed. :)

I dunno about bashing people. Sometimes, it's just weird seeing people give so much praise for something that is far from perfect, and sometimes, I just had to feel compelled to say something. In this case, we're dealing with a massive, massive project. Wouldn't it be in the project's leader's interest to be aware of the sort of stuff you have to go through to finish it off? I'm pretty sure you don't wanna spend a year on a project just to see it fall apart later on.

I think he has really good points actually. A lot of the time, MMOs are started and then just end because of the amount of money and commitment it takes to really get one off the ground

im not saying he's not right i mean he is right but still every where i go he is always so grumpy it really peeves me when people are like that

Yp2Ius.png

I dunno about bashing people. Sometimes, it's just weird seeing people give so much praise for something that is far from perfect, and sometimes, I just had to feel compelled to say something. In this case, we're dealing with a massive, massive project. Wouldn't it be in the project's leader's interest to be aware of the sort of stuff you have to go through to finish it off? I'm pretty sure you don't wanna spend a year on a project just to see it fall apart later on.

Or we can just stop arguing about it and focus on the main subject of the topic, which is the game itself. ;)

I like the feedback and advice though, we take it into consideration while developing.

We have improved the sprites a bit more, but before releasing our next alpha version we are going to make the sprites look a bit better(looking like art style from the show).

Keep the advice and suggestions going. We need them to make the game better and better. :)

yea i guess your right im sorry i started flaming :/

if you could release some more screenshots we could be more helpful

and will the game have fighting i assume it will though

Yp2Ius.png