Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Surprising news.

Midnightive

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/33435-surprising-news-ooc/#entry783496

Ivy looked around seeing no guards in site, she landed gracefully on the balcony outside Prince Lightings room. She'd been gone for weeks surely he'd be happy to see his girlfriend. Though she had to tell him, about her kid. Her ear twitched at the thought of telling him. She paused and knocked on the window, waiting for Prince to let her in.

Edited by Midnightive

Prince rocked on his bed as Ivy knocked. Prince's pig that slept at the end of his bed woke up. She oinked once as she glanced at the window and made her across the bed to wake her owner. She snorted In his ear and he awake. "Piggy! What did I tell you about waking me up?". The pig looked to the window and Prince walked toward it as he became more curious. He slowly opened it to see see Ivy waiting. He looked around furiously trying to see if anyone was around before pulling her inside and shutting the window. "Are you crazy?! If my mom sees you then we'll both be in trouble."

"where is that pegasus?" Aleya sighed, exasperated, seeing as her young child, which wasn't really hers, was probably still outside after she called him at least thrice for dinner. It was getting dark fast; autumn was getting closer. Soon all the trees would glow gold and the wind colder. The earth pony shifted a moment and got caught up in a flashback.

Not very long from the present, precisely at Autumn's dawn, a cream-colored mare was getting ready to pick the new crabapples from the wild apple trees that would reach their best at midnight. As she trotted through the dirt path towards the swamp's edge, guided by glowing green fireflies that usually surrounded her, her left ear pricked up at a small whine. Aleya stopped to listen, "it sounds like a poor kitten." She began to follow the cloud of green insects that seemed to have read her mind towards a hollow dead tree, where a tiny green foal was having nightmares. As gently as possible, the mare picked the little pony with wings and took it back home on her apple basket.

It seemed like yesterday, thought Aleya, since she took Verde under her non-existant wing, nursed and took care of him. "I wonder where his mother is..."

Verde heard the calling of his "mother," but he did not want to go just yet. He had spent the day creating a simple stage and instruments from branches and other natural materials in the wood behind his current home, and he wanted Aleya to find him next to it as a surprise of sorts. Of course, it was quite simple for him considering his unexplainable connection with nature. Regardless, he danced and skipped around his creation waiting for Aleya to come searching for him. In his excitement, he let out a squeal as young children often do. He quickly put his hoof to his mouth, angry with himself for giving away his location. He heard Aleya coming closer as her hooves crunched the soil.

Ivy let her self in and backed away from the window. "I know, i know! But i just found something odd!" she told him. She kind paused, "we need to go to Ponyvile, i know you mother isn't going to like it" she had started to pace up and down his bedroom. She still was unsure of to tell him or not but ended up pausing, "We... just need to find something"

Just as she had not long ago, Aleya heard that unmistakable little squeal, "Gotcha," she curved a grin of triumph and trotted over to where she was sure Verde was. As soon as she reached the winged foal the warmest shade of mint, she opened her mouth to repeat that dinner was ready, but her attention was immediately taken by the elaborate trinkets that seeme to suddenly appear behind the little pony. After a few seconds of gawking in a rather un-lady like manner, she abruptly shifted back into an upright position, smiled down at Verde, and gave him a playful nudge, "You did this, didn't you?" With a sigh, she reached into the woven knapsack, made also by him, and took out two bundles wrapped in polka-dotted hankerchiefs, "I figured we could eat out here; it's actually quite lovely." She laid down beside Verde and playfully messed up his mane with her hoof, "Perhaps you could show me what your little instruments do?"

He frowned when his foster mother messed up his hair, and her hoof knocked his goggles over his eyes. He pushed them back to his forehead and smiled when she asked him to demonstrate his days work. He hopped onto the stage and began to play a tune on his acoustic drumset which played like a series of bango drums. He added subtle tones with the suspended hollow sticks and other trinkets he had made, but his stomach's growling brought him to sit beside his foster mother and begin to eat. She hinted at him to slow down, but he continued to cram food into his mouth, for he was eager to finish showing her what he had done. The sun was setting, and he knew she would soon make him head in for the night.

Aleya smiled at the soothing sounds the little pegasus made. She was amazed at such talent for a foal his age; it was almost unnatural for a pony to gain an understanding and use nature with such versatility. As she swayed her head to the rhythm of the drums and flutes harmonizing with the lordly croaks of the frogs, the gentle hum of her fireflies and ocasional call of a bird, a twitch in the back of her brain told her something important was about to happen, something that involved Verde. The thought train crashed as he interrupted his symphony to eat, quickly gobbling up the apple, the stewed parsnip, and, to Aleya's slight disdain, carefully pulling out the bluefoot mushrooms from the pastry they were wrapped in. As the foal drank the last of his drink, his foster mother petted his cheek in the kindest way possible, "Sweetheart, might you remember anything before coming to live with me?"

He looked up inquisitively and began to think. He thought back to the time when he was alone. Nature was his only keeper, and they communicated through the music he now shared with others. "I do. I remember being taught music from nature." But it was a waste of his breathe; time and time again he had answered her question with this same statement, and she would let out a sigh thinking it was another one of his stories. He just wished it would click in her mind that he was no ordinary pegasus.

Edited by Verde Wub

"Find what? what could be so important?" Prince argued. "........ what do you think Piggy?" the Pig looked at her and took a very long stare before snorting in approval. Prince signed...He looked at the door and back at Ivy "ok...lets go..." Prince stretched his wings out and approached the window as he waited for her to lead him towards Ponyville