gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Actually for many, it was considered an honor to be sacrificed. The belief was that the sun needed to feed upon hearts to stay alive, like a fire needs fuel. So offering up your own life was considered a noble, self-sacrifice. Grotesque, but just as a man of faith myself I can't say I find the notion entirely without merit.

Involuntary sacrifice, that's a different story.

Only a few people can be shadow hunters. Only the strongest and wisest trolls can be. Sen'Jin the witch doctor wanted his son Vol'Jin to especially become a Shadow hunter as he was gifted in combat since birth. Vol'jins support from the loa bwonsamdi won the battle of the echo isles. So class can mean power, their power is the difference between shadow hunters and trackers.

That only further cements why they wouldn't be a class if they were so exclusive. It's also why only Magni was "Mountain King" as not only a title but indeed his class, or why Gelbin is a "tinker" even though he's functionally a warrior.

@,@@Steel Accord,  

I'm curious.  How exactly was it decided who would be sacrificed?  Would these sacrifices be revered before the slaughter, or would they just get their hearts ripped out unceremoniously (I mostly speak from my history lessons of the Aztecs up until the Spainish invaded, mind you)?

The slaugthers were part of the ceremony. They belived that the sacrifices would allow for newer generations to spring up.

The sacrificed people consisted of both volunteers and prisoners of war. There was actually surprisingly many voluteers, but they perfered prisoners as they did not want to sacrifice too many of their own people.

Edited by A Cat
  • Brohoof 1

@@Akari of Duskshire,

That only further cements why they wouldn't be a class if they were so exclusive. It's also why only Magni was "Mountain King" as not only a title but indeed his class, or why Gelbin is a "tinker" even though he's functionally a warrior.

Well that is why it could be a hero class. Tinker is another word for field engineer. Magni is the king of the mountain. Not really a class. An alliance counterpart could be blademage or something idk.

@@Steel Accord,@,

Thanks for answering me! 

You are not gonna put this info to practical use right? :blink:

blademage

Couldn't you just make a blademage by taking a mage and slapping a 1h sword into their hands? 

You are not gonna put this info to practical use right?

Nah, I'm just interested in mythology and history in general.  I have no interest in sacrificing people.

*hears screaming from my closet and I kick the door closed*

None at all...

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 2

Well that is why it could be a hero class. Tinker is another word for field engineer. Magni is the king of the mountain. Not really a class. An alliance counterpart could be blademage or something idk.

What I mean is, Shadow Hunter is exclusive even by Hero Class standards, plus "blade mage" doesn't really exist in the lore as a class and the function is already kind of filled by Death Knights who are specifically sword wielding spell casters.

What I mean is, Shadow Hunter is exclusive even by Hero Class standards, plus "blade mage" doesn't really exist in the lore as a class and the function is already kind of filled by Death Knights who are specifically sword wielding spell casters.

Well the silvermoon guards are more of mages than warrior. But that is kinda close to paladin. I see your point.

Couldn't you just make a blademage by taking a mage and slapping a 1h sword into their hands?

LET ME DREAM OK? It is a class in DnD

Edited by A Cat
  • Brohoof 1

LET ME DREAM OK? It is a class in DnD

While they may share similarities, WoW is not D&D, kickass as they both are. In fact, part of what brought me back was that the monk, my preferred D&D class became available in my favorite fantasy setting. (Aside from the Four Nations.)

That's pretty much how it works out. I like the almost limitless possibilities of D&D but I like the more concrete given world of Azeroth.

While they may share similarities, WoW is not D&D, kickass as they both are. In fact, part of what brought me back was that the monk, my preferred D&D class became available in my favorite fantasy setting. (Aside from the Four Nations.)

That's pretty much how it works out. I like the almost limitless possibilities of D&D but I like the more concrete given world of Azeroth.

Shh, let me keep dreaming about shadow hunters and blade mages. :(

Anyway, WoW has a strict lore and we will probably not have much more expansions before warcraft 4, so maybe one day....

Edited by A Cat

Shh, let me keep dreaming about shadow hunters and blade mages. :(

Anyway, WoW has a strict lore and we will probably not have much more expansions before warcraft 4.

Ah that's the think I'd rather keep dreaming won't happen. I don't want WoW to "end" anytime soon. I understand it must after awhile, but I would at least like some closure before it does.

Ah that's the think I'd rather keep dreaming won't happen. I don't want WoW to "end" anytime soon. I understand it must after awhile, but I would at least like some closure before it does.

I mean more of a lore resupply break.

You know one warcraft game can give A TON of new bosses and lore.

We are starting to lose cool bosses. So we will ned to introduce more soon.

Why should wow end anyway? Its a giant money factory.

• Brohoof 1

I mean more of a lore resupply break.

You know one warcraft game can give A TON of new bosses and lore.

We are starting to lose cool bosses. So we will ned to introduce more soon.

Why should wow end anyway? Its a giant money factory.

I agree with that then, but it simply must after awhile. No one can keep an MMO going forever.

Going back to that, I STILL am biting my hooves/claws in frustrated anticipation about new information regarding the class orders, drip feed us more Blizzard Goddammit!

• Brohoof 1

I agree with that then, but it simply must after awhile. No one can keep an MMO going forever.

Going back to that, I STILL am biting my hooves/claws in frustrated anticipation about new information regarding the class orders, drip feed us more Blizzard Goddammit!

Blizzard more leaks 420 Legion plz! I need my medication I mean hype!

• Brohoof 1

@,@@Steel Accord,

Am I alone when I say that I don't want them to show the in-game cinematics before the release? 

No you are not. That would ruin the immersion when we have the expansion. I just want to see what artifact I am getting on my holy priest. xD

No you are not. That would ruin the immersion when we have the expansion. I just want to see what artifact I am getting on my holy priest. xD

I personally would not mind the in-game cinematic. Not clamoring for it but I wouldn't mind it either. As before, I'm more interested in the Class Orders, included the Halls and artifact weapons, even for the classes I don't play.

• Brohoof 1