gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

@@Steel Accord,

Well EXCUSE ME for starting WoW in December 2014 and not knowing!

But yes, I just  found out about it.

I wasn't trying to make a comment against you, my friend, just reiterating my own misgivings about the possibility. At this point, nothing short of a trailer will convince me that such a thing exists.

Monk: Same as now the Peak of Serenity. On Kun-lai summit. 

I'm confident that they will do this, but I seriously hope it's a new part of the Peak of Serenity if that is what they decide to go with.

Warlock: On one of the Legion's Portal Worlds. 

Oh why do they get to hang out in a badass "in between dimension?"

Warrior unknown, but I'm guessing something with an Arena. 

I think that's actually more likely with the monk order hall. Warriors aren't just or aren't at all depending on RP, brawlers, they're soldiers. I have some confidence that the Warrior Order Hall would be more akin to a fortress or a keep. Something with a bit more military on the mind. Not that it won't have characters sparring with each other or otherwise training, just that I don't think that will be the centerpiece. 

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

(Plus there are good Warlocks depending on how they are RPed.)

Definitely true, but I've never run into a good one as far as I remember.  There was one warlock who was basically the Token Evil Teammate of our guild.  She left later after some IC incident.

Btw, your thoughts on dragon RPing?

• Brohoof 1

Blood Elf Paladin. Thought of making a Sunwalker but changed my mind. I like the Blood Elf animations

Ah, I also have a Blood Elf Blood Knight. I liked them off the bat because I liked the idea of "evil paladins." Sure the Scarlet Crusade are pretty messed up but they still think they are doing good, and the Blood Knights might not be exactly "evil" but they didn't even initially follow the Light. To them, it was just another form of magic they could bend to their will, but the very fact that they could do so lead them to beleivign they were the True Masters of the Light. As opposed to Paladins needing to placate it to use it's power, the Blood Knights could MAKE the Light do as they wish!

It's an interesting subversion.

My Blood Knight was ordained after the whole debacle with the Naaru and the Sunwell. At journey's start, he's meant to be in a fairly similar mindset to the initial Blood Knight order, largely because he didn't go through the transformative events himself. 

He does "worship" the Light and despises or looks down on demon and fel magic, buuuuuut that doesn't make him the image of temperance or compassion. To Enochain, the Light is "superior" and therefore he is likewise for being a champion of it. In a sense, he is similar to a Scarlet Crusader, holier than thou and all, with the twist that it's less "the Light commands everyone not me to die" and more "my magic can kick your magic's ass. . . . so that justifies me kicking your ass." 

I do plan for him to grow somewhat out of this mindset through his own trials.

Definitely true, but I've never run into a good one as far as I remember.  There was one warlock who was basically the Token Evil Teammate of our guild.  She left later after some IC incident.

Btw, your thoughts on dragon RPing?

It makes me cringe, to be frank.

• Brohoof 1

Soo appearently Blizzard is already working on the next expansion after Legion. So a yearly-ish release schedule is probably coming soon.

I am kinda worried about this game becoming too expencive, they have increased the sub-price in europe, added a ton of p2w mounts and they are maybe going to ship yearly expansions. This will probably scare off a lot of players if it goes out of hand.

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by A Cat

Soo appearently Blizzard is already working on the next expansion after Legion. So a yearly-ish release schedule is probably coming soon.

They kind of started that with Crusade, Wrath, and Cataclysm but Mists hit a snag and then we got WoD. So it's not completely unprecedented.

I am kinda worried about this game becoming too expencive, they have increased the sub-price in europe, added a ton of p2w mounts and they are maybe going to ship yearly expansions. This will probably scare off a lot of players if it goes out of hand. Any thoughts on this?

Well none of that content is actually required to play the game and you don't have the buy the expansions as they come out. Hell I still haven't technically bought WoD because I don't have a character the level to experience the content and I don't want to boost my main because I would like to go through Mists story first. 

I don't have a character the level to experience the content

I used like 4 days to reach 100 the first time.... I have no life you see.... XD

Wait, how long have ya played? :blink:

Edited by A Cat

It makes me cringe, to be frank.

I've dabbled in it myself.  I find that the first step in RPing a dragon is learning to keep your mouth shut (dragon RPers who says outright with no provocation or reason that they're a dragon make me cringe).  Only putting in a hint here and there, like reddish brown eyes and a magnificent red set (I RPed a red dragon), but never saying it outright.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

I used like 4 days to reach 100 the first time.... I have no life you see.... XD

Wait, how long have ya played? :blink:

Since vanilla, why?

(I have a life. Character limit.)

I've dabbled in it myself.  I find that the first step in RPing a dragon is learning to keep your mouth shut (dragon RPers who says outright with no provocation or reason that they're a dragon make me cringe).  Only putting in a hint here and there, like reddish brown eyes and a magnificent red set (I RPed a red dragon), but never saying it outright.

I don't like it, even done well it just seems too much.

@@Steel Accord,

I know they have a common goal, that is saving the world of the Burning Legion.  But remember when I said that some members might not let go of their grudges and prejudice toward other races?  I think that, especially a few priest and paladin members, might not enjoy teaming up with the likes of warlocks and demon hunters and in general, different strategies can clash just as much as they can work wonders together.  I can remember a few moments were people dropped reason and forgiveness in favor of acting on grudges and vengeance.  Like when Maiev nearly wrecked the chances of the Highbourne coming back to the Kaldorei and came close to killing Malfurion.

But that's just me speculating and wondering.  I'm no prophet.  XD

Hey everyone!  Have a sneak peek of Legion!

• Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord,

I know they have a common goal, that is saving the world of the Burning Legion.  But remember when I said that some members might not let go of their grudges and prejudice toward other races?  I think that, especially a few priest and paladin members, might not enjoy teaming up with the likes of warlocks and demon hunters and in general, different strategies can clash just as much as they can work wonders together.  I can remember a few moments were people dropped reason and forgiveness in favor of acting on grudges and vengeance.  Like when Maiev nearly wrecked the chances of the Highbourne coming back to the Kaldorei and came close to killing Malfurion.

But that's just me speculating and wondering.  I'm no prophet.  XD

Hey everyone!  Have a sneak peek of Legion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKAfXdXLX74

With the Horde and the Alliance in disarray, players must seek out and bring together other like-minded champions to stand against the demonic hordes. In Legion, each player will take charge of an Order Hall—a site of great power linked closely to a character’s class and cause.

~Official Preview

This is what I like about the entire idea. The classes, the heroes are basically saying "sod to both of them and sod to old hatreds! We agree on what we do and the the Burning Legion's got to go. So let's band together and kick ass!"

This is what I like about the entire idea. The classes, the heroes are basically saying "sod to both of them and sod to old hatreds! We agree on what we do and the the Burning Legion's got to go. So let's band together and kick ass!"

I always imagine people saying,"Hey king/warchief! So yeah, you think maybe we should be working with the Horde/Alliance to deal with this problem that has the whole world hanging in the balance instead of, y'know, fighting eachother pointlessly? No, you don't think so? Well SCREW YOU GUYS! I'm just going to take my buddies and actually save the world! You guys just have fun."

So, let's say your character is actually being given their class's artifact weapon. Reaction?

• Brohoof 1

Since vanilla, why?

How did ya manage to not reach max during MoP?

Well SCREW YOU GUYS! I'm just going to take my buddies and actually save the world!

idk why but that reminded me of the rotbrain undeads in the forsaken starting zone.

Marcus Redpath:

"MAYBE I WILL CREATE MY OWN FORSAKEN.... WITH ELBOWS"

*Runs off*

Edited by A Cat
  • Brohoof 1

I always imagine people saying,"Hey king/warchief! So yeah, you think maybe we should be working with the Horde/Alliance to deal with this problem that has the whole world hanging in the balance instead of, y'know, fighting eachother pointlessly? No, you don't think so? Well SCREW YOU GUYS! I'm just going to take my buddies and actually save the world! You guys just have fun."

So, let's say your character is actually being given their class's artifact weapon. Reaction?

Well I'm a Windwalker primarily and I don't know which that is yet. (Though I expect it to be awesome.) For now, if Wei Yu was given, or somehow earned the Staff of the Mists, he would be humbled. He would consider himself unworthy to even touch it seeing as it was the Emperor's staff. He would be convinced to use it eventually of course, but only with the understanding that it's not truly "his."

How did ya manage to not reach max during MoP? XD

Dude, that's uncalled for. 

Dude, that's uncalled for.

I don't know what "uncalled for" means, but I read that in an angry voice.... So sorry for asking. xD

On another note. I will get myself a character on Argent Dawn (rp realm) soon, it turns out I know some people playing there. Soo yeah, it will be fun. (as long as I don't find them in goldshire)

Edited by A Cat

@@Steel Accord,

I am betting that the Windwalker weapon is going to either be a fist weapon or sword.  But that's pretty much how Chenoa would react to receiving whatever the weapon for the resto druid will be.  Minalin would probably look unusually stoic and serious upon receiving it, then when she's on her own...

"...I SERIOUSLY HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS NOW?!  By all that is holy, Shadow, do you think I could pull this off?!  I never imagined this!"

And my troll shaman, upon receiving Doomhammer, would start to feel like a daughter who has her family's millennia-old legacy to uphold (not that she has one, but you get the feeling).

• Brohoof 1

I don't know what "uncalled for" means, but I read that in an angry voice.... So sorry for asking. xD

On another note. I will get myself a character on Argent Dawn (rp realm) soon, it turns out I know some people playing there. Soo yeah, it will be fun. (as long as I don't find them in goldshire)

The "XD" implies laughter. That I have not reached the level cap by Mists implies you are laughing at my inadequacy.