private Canterlot College : Dorm Life

Shankveld

"A bit," he managed.

"It was Dogboots. He's turned himself in and told me to tell Rockshire goodbye."

He shivered, and his shaking slowly stopped, but one could easily tell he wasn't well at all. He was growing a bit pale.

"Cousins... Why don't I ever think..? I should have known..."

"There aren't many Alicorns out there Nightfall. If it makes you feel better, I hear cousins have had foals before in the past not knowing they were relation. I'm sure some Alicorns in the distant past even had closer relations......or maybe this is why Princess Cadance married a Unicorn....anyway"

She sighed. "Whats done is done. Now, I need to handle this Dogboots situation and finally go talk to Whirlwind. He's going ot kill me. Its been longer then I thought it would be before we could talk."

• Brohoof 2

"There aren't many Alicorns out there Nightfall. If it makes you feel better, I hear cousins have had foals before in the past not knowing they were relation. I'm sure some Alicorns in the distant past even had closer relations......or maybe this is why Princess Cadance married a Unicorn....anyway"

She sighed. "Whats done is done. Now, I need to handle this Dogboots situation and finally go talk to Whirlwind. He's going ot kill me. Its been longer then I thought it would be before we could talk."

"It still haunts me... You know me, Obsidian; I don't easily get over things. I'm working on fixing that for the foal..."

His shaking had stopped. He closed his eyes. He went back through his memory and traced from where he met Obsidian to now. He tried to not focus on anything, to make himself a bit harder to the past. He wanted feeling, but not all feelings are good.

"Well, everything is cause and effect my dear Nightfall. You are here now because of something you caused and I was the effect. On the same note, my loss of control was the cause of you being here, and you losing a wing was the effect. We both have had trauma and we both have to work to over come it. As for us being related.......I don't think you're ready to know exactly how related we are so saying we are cousins is best."

In truth she didn't even know, she was due for a meeting at the Canterlot archieves tomorrow to find out.

"Anyway, I have 2 stops left to make. One, is to deal with Dogboots. Secondly, I need to go see my ex, Whirlwind. You take care."

She looked over at Vinyl. "I'm heading to the jail to see if they have picked him up. Meet me there?"

She vanished in a poof of frost and snowflakes.

• Brohoof 1

Her remark made him feel a bit more bad. The fact that they may be more closely related than cousins killed him. He didn't want to be the father of an illegitimate child. He didn't want to be involved in incest. He was already involved in rape, but incest was worse, and both together... It was a shame he would never live down...

• Brohoof 1

Parso flew all over Canterlot, still no sign of Dogboots

'poor bastard must have skipped town or been busted, either way, he's a dead colt. all because of that bitch Obsidian, if her marefriend wasnt carrying my foal, I'd break her bloody horn off. ugh, I need a smoke'

with that, he flew back to campus, to his room and lit a cigarette

Vinyl and Obsidian appeared at the jail and sure enough Dogboots was being booked and placed in a cell. His arrainment was going to be in about an hour in the Caterlot night court. Obsidian and Vinyl walked over to the desk officer and got the information they needed. Obsidian thanked him and made her way to the courthouse. Court was in recess and she spoke to a guard regarding the location of the judge who was preciding. They walked to the judges chambers and knocked gently. He called for them to enter.

"Thank you for seeing us on such short notice your honor. I wanted to speak about the case of Dogboots. I am a witness to all that happened."

Vinyl looked around nervously, wondering what Obsidian was up to. Were her beads still working? Did her enchantment still hold? She could really do nothing at this point but just trust her and hope she knew what she was doing.

• Brohoof 2

Dogboots was doning a new outfit during the trial. He was wearing an orange jumpsuit which was pretty standard for most ponies going to prison. The entire process before the recess was all a blur for the stallion. He didn't even pay attention to anything at all. Dogboots was sitting in his cell. "Ironic, isn't it? I thought I was going to be the one to put Eris in jail but it's the other way around. I wish I could laugh at that but there's really nothing to laugh about. Prison I can already imagine being a whole new hell within itself. I had heard rumors of what they do there. The only positive thing I can see about it is that it will toughen me up a bit more. Maybe some time behind bars wouldn't be a bad thing. It would help build a new perspective on life which I need. I should feel angry at Obsidian but...but I can't. I can't exact revenge on her either as much as I want to. What did she mean when she said, "other self"? Some sort of split-personality maybe? A good and bad side? Possible. Those beads that she was wearing earlier. What are they for? I've never seen beads like that before. There's no way it could be for fashion. She doesn't seem like the type of mare to be into that. Magic possibly? If so what effect do they have? Do they increase her abilities? or something else? Why am I even asking anymore? I've lost. No point in caring about it anymore. Shit happened and there's nothing that can be done. All I can do is hold my head up high with dignity and take what comes." Dogboots thought beginning to lay down on the crusty mattress that was his bed. He stared at the ceiling wondering what fate had in store for him.

• Brohoof 2

After a long talk with the judge, a few calls made to some important ponies in the middle of the night from the judge, there was finally an idea of what to do about Dogboots. Obsidian and Vinyl left for the court room as ponies from Security took Dogboots from his cell into the courtroom.

The judge entered and everyone was seated. Dogboots was brought up front and the Judge spoke: "Please state your name and respond to the charges against you which are as follows, Sleeping with a student while a member of the Faculty of the school you worked for and falsifying an official report on a felony crime."

• Brohoof 2

Star walked down the familiar halls of Canterlot College with a heavy stride, taking in all the sights around him. Though the walls were a dull beige and the floor a dark grey, they were memories none the less. He near trotted past the place he was heading towards, Rockshire's room. He had become to so accustomed to coming here he almost looked at it as a second home. Now it just felt like what remained of a war zone. His head held low, he opened the door carefully, not bothering to knock. Star looked over the empty room to see Shire, his former marefriend. She seemed dull, saddened, not even bothering to turn when he entered.

"Hi Shire, we need to have a quick talk if that's okay with you..." @,

• Brohoof 3

After a long talk with the judge, a few calls made to some important ponies in the middle of the night from the judge, there was finally an idea of what to do about Dogboots. Obsidian and Vinyl left for the court room as ponies from Security took Dogboots from his cell into the courtroom.

The judge entered and everyone was seated. Dogboots was brought up front and the Judge spoke: "Please state your name and respond to the charges against you which are as follows, Sleeping with a student while a member of the Faculty of the school you worked for and falsifying an official report on a felony crime."

Dogboots was led back to the courtroom. The entire room was filled with ponies but two had caught his eye. He glanced at both Vinyl and Obsidian. "Don't let her get to you. Keep calm and carry on with your head held high. That's all you can do." The stallion thought as he was bought up in front of the judge. "Dogboots. And yes, both charges are indeed correct. I accept responsibility for my actions and I accept whatever punishment you deem necessary for me your honor." He said as he returned to his seat. He wanted to glare at Obsidian. Dogboots felt urged to just say something to her. To say anything that would be a spit in the eye or a curse to the heavens at her but he knew it would be pointless.

Edited by thor9356
  • Brohoof 2

The judge nodded and reviewed some papers. "I spoke with two classmates of yours today, Ms. Obsidian Winter, an Alicorn and Vinyl Blade, a Unicorn. Both of them spoke at great lengths about your character and actions. Ms. Winter is even a roommate of the student you have plead guilty to sleeping with. I have spoken with your supervisors and the Dean of Students from the school you worked for.'

"First let me say that you are hereby forbidden from working in the Security profession ever again. You have proven that you cannot be trust in a place of authority. Hence, the school and I both agree you are terminated from your job. Do you have anything to say before I move on to the other charge?"

• Brohoof 3

a few more hour had past.... actually allot more hours had past as it was now morning and Whirlwind had barely got any sleep and there was still no sign from Obsidian.

"well i better get home and charge this thing up" he sighed and flew back home

(i've based the large passing of time on the last few post because you would not be able to see a judge so quickly after being brought into custody ) 

edit- (this is also filling in more time to fill in what WW was doing while still waiting)

Edited by PonyEcho

The judge nodded and reviewed some papers. "I spoke with two classmates of yours today, Ms. Obsidian Winter, an Alicorn and Vinyl Blade, a Unicorn. Both of them spoke at great lengths about your character and actions. Ms. Winter is even a roommate of the student you have plead guilty to sleeping with. I have spoken with your supervisors and the Dean of Students from the school you worked for.'

"First let me say that you are hereby forbidden from working in the Security profession ever again. You have proven that you cannot be trust in a place of authority. Hence, the school and I both agree you are terminated from your job. Do you have anything to say before I move on to the other charge?"

Dogboots eyes widened hearing that Obsidian and Vinyl spoke good about him. He wanted to laugh a little at the irony that they would say anything good about him considering that Obsidian was the one that put him here. "No your honor. Please continue." The stallion said. In a way he wanted prison and he almost gave consideration to death at one point. 

• Brohoof 1

(i've based the large passing of time on the last few post because you would not be able to see a judge so quickly after being brought into custody )

((Its called night court...have you ever been a cop and gone through these proceedings? No? Okay thank you. I have.))

"Obviously sleeping with a student is moral wrong and an ethical one. However it is obvious the sex was consentual. After careful consideration it is the court decision that you are to serve 1,000 hours of community service for the school you worked at. Also, you are to undergo a work training program at the school as well. You are to maintain no less then a C average and conduct yourself reasonably. If you fall below a C average or cause any trouble at the school, you will instead be sentenced to 5 years in jail without parole. You should really thank your friends, this was their idea and are paying for the expense. Dismissed"

• Brohoof 4

Surprise had overwhelmed Dogboots​The stallion sunk in his chair flabbergasted by what just happened. He already knew what he was going to be doing for community service. More than likely it was going to be janitorial except this time he wasn't getting paid. The colt shook it off and approached both Vinyl and Obsidian. "Why? Why did you do that? What was the point? Do you plan on just holding my sentence as a threat to get me to do what you want? Or is this Nightfall's way of paying me back for what I did for him?" The stallion asked. Dogboots wanted answers badly. He was content with going to prison but being let go of all of a sudden and having an enemy speak good about him didn't add up for the colt.

• Brohoof 2

Surprise had overwhelmed Dogboots​The stallion sunk in his chair flabbergasted by what just happened. He already knew what he was going to be doing for community service. More than likely it was going to be janitorial except this time he wasn't getting paid. The colt shook it off and approached both Vinyl and Obsidian. "Why? Why did you do that? What was the point? Do you plan on just holding my sentence as a threat to get me to do what you want? Or is this Nightfall's way of paying me back for what I did for him?" The stallion asked. Dogboots wanted answers badly. He was content with going to prison but being let go of all of a sudden and having an enemy speak good about him didn't add up for the colt.

Obsidian just exchanged a smile with Vinyl. "You're not going to jail or Prison Boots. Why not just enjoy your victory? You're a student now, free to do what all students do. We'll see you around Dogboots."

Obsidian and Vinyl used their shared magic to return to Vinyls room. It had been a long day of magic use and Obsidian was just spent. She still had one final place to visit; Whirlwinds room. She was still so exhausted and figured she would visit him first thing in the morning. Vinyl and her showered together, cleaning each other off and laid down to sleep. Everything was falling into place for the better, but she couldn't help but feel her other dark self was also pleased with what was happening. She shivered and prayed to Luna that she could maintain control so her Darker self didn't ruin all she was trying to repair.

• Brohoof 3

Obsidian just exchanged a smile with Vinyl. "You're not going to jail or Prison Boots. Why not just enjoy your victory? You're a student now, free to do what all students do. We'll see you around Dogboots."

Obsidian and Vinyl used their shared magic to return to Vinyls room. It had been a long day of magic use and Obsidian was just spent. She still had one final place to visit; Whirlwinds room. She was still so exhausted and figured she would visit him first thing in the morning. Vinyl and her showered together, cleaning each other off and laid down to sleep. Everything was falling into place for the better, but she couldn't help but feel her other dark self was also pleased with what was happening. She shivered and prayed to Luna that she could maintain control so her Darker self didn't ruin all she was trying to repair.

The duo had soon disappeared. It didn't take long for Dogboots to get his stuff and possessions back. He had his bits, phone and pack. The walk was uneventful but still unnerving for Dogboots. "Why? It doesn't add up. Why let me go? This isn't a victory. This is bucking pity. Why go through all the trouble to undermine my position, my relationship with Rockshire and then just forget about it? Am I some sort of a play thing to her? That other side of hers was the one who did it. It would have to be. She said she wasn't herself when making those decisions. The beads must have something to do with the personality switch. I'm guessing that with them on she's herself but with them off she becomes her dark side. Evil, cunning and extremely powerful with magic. If that was the side that did this to me then when she's in control she's like Lovely in a way. Nightfall, I just don't know what you see in that mare. Still, I have got to be careful around her. She's extremely dangerous when she's not in control of herself. So that begs the question. How do you stop somepony like that when she's out of control? Force? No way. That's practically suicide. Emotion? Possibly but it would have to be somepony close to her. Maybe Vinyl. If I had to guess when she's about to lose control. Vinyl becomes her voice of reason. Still reason can be overwhelmed by emotion. Me being a prime example of that. Still, I can't deal with a mare that powerful. Unless...no that could possibly work. If I can gather evidence on her loosing control then I can...No! I can't. Not to Nightfall. I want to see her fall that much is true but still. I can't break a promise to him. Still, i'm going to be keeping a close eye on her." He thought to himself as he entered his dorm room. The school still allowed him to stay in his original dorm instead of having to move to a new one. The colt dropped his stuff by the door. His room still remained the same as it was when he left. The beds pushed together, flies were surrounding the bad spaghetti already. Dogboots pulled out his phone and began to text Rockshire before stopping himself. "There's no point. Star is her choice. Best that she forget about me and move on with her life. It would make me feel a little better too. I'm not a father, i'm not a friend, i'm nopony." He said to himself outloud as he collapsed on the beds. They reeked a little bit but he got passed it and soon fell asleep.

• Brohoof 5

Whirlwind gave out a huge yawn as he enter his dorm "todays been a long day.... Obsidian's probably gone to sleep too, guess i should to" he moaned to himself before making himself a cup of tea and headed off to bed. "i'm sure she'll be coming round tomorrow" he said before drifting off to sleep. 

• Brohoof 2

Obsidian awoke the next morning early. It actually was still night out. She had an appointment to keep with her Princess. She was lucky she was being seen at all but Luna always seemed to be happy to take time to see her subjects. Where Celestia always seemed busy with the day to day running of Equestria, Luna seemed to enjoy the luxury that most ponies had that worked night shift: Not a lot to do and a whole lot of time to do it in.

Obsidian used her magic to arrive in an open grove. It wasn't far from the Campus but still took a lot of her magic to teleport there. The Princess of the Night stood waiting. Obsidian approached and bowed down respectfully. 

"You should know better, Obsidian. Family has no need to bow. All Alicorns are related in some way or another if you go far back enough."

She rose quickly and smiled a little. Luna had come so very far in how she spoke to ponies. No more Royal Canterlot Voice, no more  royal we and she stopped talking in old equestrian. It was nice.

"Yes, Luna. Sorry. Thank you for all you have done for me, but your message in my dream seemed urgent. Whats wrong that you couldn't tell me in the dreamscape?"

"What I need to tell you must be said in person." She said grimly. "There is something you must know about your history, your family and your child."

Obsidian listened quietly. First in deep interest as luna explained her blood lines, then in mild shock as she went further. Shock gave way to disbelief which in turn gave way to sheer horror. She couldn't help but cry. Her beads glowed brightly but Luna embraced her, wrapping her large wings around the young Alicorn. 

"We...'I' am so sorry Obsidian. Do not fret for I am with you in this."

Obsidian cried for what felt like hours as the moon began to lower and the sun began to rise. She was shattered. She had no idea what she was suppose to do.

Finally when she was able to stop crying and gained a fraction of strength, Luna and her parted ways with a promise to meet again in the dreamscape later. It was time to meet up with Whirlwind. She walked...she didn't fly. She didn't have the heart. Her magic felt sapped and she couldn't feel more utterly defeated. She walked to the male dorms and knocked quietly on Whirlwinds door, hoping he was home. She lowered her head and let the tears fall freely again.

• Brohoof 2

"bleh....what?" exclamed Whirlwind as he slowly opened his eyes.

he thought he herd a knock at the the door and as he waited to listen in, he herd another knock, "wait..... Obsidian" he said as he shot out of bed, tripping over his cover along the way, "i'm coming just give me a sec!" he said as he moved to open the door.

"hey... come in" he said to Obsidian 

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

She walked in, totally dejected. She mindlessly walked over to his bed and sat. "I'm sorry Whirlwind....I didn't know where else to go..."

She spoke so quietly it was as if Fluttershy was sittingin his room other then the usually strong, confident, even defiant mare she usually was. 

"I don't know what to do....I don't know what to tell Nightfall....as if being slipped drugs at the party wasn't enough....as if being taken advantage of while I wasn't in control of my own self...as if getting pregnant was punishment enough..." she trailed off.

"That bastard....he should have KNOWN! I should have known! I should have stayed away from others...from all ponies regardless!"

She broke out into tears, crying uncontrollably.

"H-how...c..ccan I....carry...a child..l-like t-t-t-this..." 

• Brohoof 1

Whirlwind came over to Obsidian picking up the cover from the floor and wrapping it around, "it's OK, it's all going to be ok"he said as he used the cover to wipe her tears "i'm here for you always, to help get you though this"

he wraped his hoofs around her, trying to think of a way to make this all ok.... at any cost

• Brohoof 2

After she gained control of herself she sniffled and continued to speak. "You know I'm pregnant with Nightfalls foal...but...I can't believe the obvious escaped me. I can't believe it escaped him." She took a long pause.

"All Alicorns are related in some way. There are so few us that if you back far enough, we all share a common thread. Its why you never see Alicorns with other Alicorns. I was raised by a Unicorn...I guess she didn't know or thought it common sense......Nightfall and I are related....we're.....we're......."

She couldn't bring herself to say it.

• Brohoof 2

Whirlwind... shocked from what he just heard.... he had to do something this kind of thing would ruin Obsidian and he knew the one option.... to terminate the egg, would destroy her.

he gulped and grabbed Obsidian's hoof, "listen, this foal you are carrying, is not Nightfall's,  its mine, you need to stay strong and we'll get though this" said Whirlwind as he hoped that Obsidian understood why, this why her reputation would be ok she would not have to freeze another foal.

(sorry for the bad grammar... kinda hot tempered atm.. need to calm down after i edit)

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

Star walked down the familiar halls of Canterlot College with a heavy stride, taking in all the sights around him. Though the walls were a dull beige and the floor a dark grey, they were memories none the less. He near trotted past the place he was heading towards, Rockshire's room. He had become to so accustomed to coming here he almost looked at it as a second home. Now it just felt like what remained of a war zone. His head held low, he opened the door carefully, not bothering to knock. Star looked over the empty room to see Shire, his former marefriend. She seemed dull, saddened, not even bothering to turn when he entered.

"Hi Shire, we need to have a quick talk if that's okay with you..." @,

"Yeah, we can talk...", Rockshire said as she sat up on her bed, patting a spot for Star to dot next to her. There's something that I want to tell you... I lied... But for a good reason."

Percussive was walking throughout the campus, a little nervous. Why was everything so uptight? It was as if he could make a move, and everything goes wrong...

• Brohoof 2