Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scarlet Ray Chapter 1 (Original)

Ghosted

Hello everypony, this is my first fan fiction! I've put some time into it and I've finally made up my mind to present it to the public! Indeed it is a memorable moment for me. This chapter is purposefully short, to see what feedback I get. I'm hoping to make normal chapter about twice as long. I hope you enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to writing this second chapter!

Here is the picture of Scarlet Ray by the way.

http://i.imgur.com/ZQyd2.png

Enjoy!

Scarlet Ray

Chapter 1: Awakening

I opened my eyes. Such a simple action, an action that I’ve been doing ever since I was a filly; it hurt more than any pain I’ve ever experienced. Around me all I could see were trees. Not just any trees mind you, but those spooky trees you find deep in the Everfree forest. I tried to stand, but I couldn’t, but I notice my once bright yellow flank was covered in mud and dirt, my red hair a tangled matted mess. Recollecting my thoughts, I try to remember what in Equestria I am doing here, just to realize that I can’t. I feel my memories teasing at my mind, taunting it as I try desperately to grab a hold of them. Panicking, I felt my heart racing quickly and my mind becoming fuzzy. I saw a stripped figure in the distance galloping towards me, but my mind had other ideas than to confront the mysterious figure.

I blacked out.

As I regained consciousness, I was in a different place. The entire room was white, and I was in a soft bed. I see a nurse trotting over to me, apparently talking to me because all I can see is her mouth moving as she readies a syringe. I try to say something, but again my mind becomes fuzzy. Before I lose all grasp on reality, I am able to croak out “Scarlet… Ray”. My name.

I blacked out.

Once again I awake, and I was feeling much better than before. I can comfortably move without feeling pain, and I clumsily stumble out of bed as I make my way over to the window. Outside, I see ponies making their ways home as the sun sets beyond the mountains of Equestria in the distance. I hear the door open and turn to greet my guest.

“Yes?” I notice that my voice is much better, and smile, overcome with joy.

“HellomynameisPinkiePieandZecorafoundyouintheforestandshesaidyouwereintroublesowehelpedyou! Ilikepartiesdoyoulikeparties? MaybewhenyoufeelbetterwecanhaveasurprisepartywithalltheotherponiesinPonyville!”

Dang, this pony speaks really fast… I couldn’t understand a word she said. I could feel my mind becoming fuzzy again as I desperately tried to comprehend what she said, but in the heat of the moment all I could manage was a measly “What?” I noticed the other pony inhaling deeply, as if to blow out some birthday candles (or in her case, speak quickly). I managed to put my hoof up to her mouth and interject “Please speak slowly!” before she repeated what she had previously said.

With a nod she says “Hello, my name is Pinkie Pie and Zecora found you in the forest and she said you were in trouble so we helped you! I like parties, do you like parties? Maybe when you feel better we can have a surprise party with all the other ponies in Ponyville!”

Sighing with relief, I managed a smile.

“I would like that! I would also like the opportunity to properly thank you. I don’t think I’ve introduced myself. My name is Scarlet Ray. What’s your name?”

Almost as if she were a puppy that had been offered a treat, she replied energetically “Pinkie Pie! And I already know your name! Don’t ask how. Oh boy a party! I’m gonna go get ready right now” and with that, she disappeared into thin air.

Sighing with relief and sudden exhaustion, I collapse back onto the bed. I desperately try to remember the reason for why I was in the Everfree forest to begin with. Everypony knew that was a taboo place to enter. In frustration, I push back my red hair over my ears as I feel a searing pain in my palm. Looking down I see the number “3” branded upon my hoof. My heart races as I desperately try to remember the association of the number with myself. But all I can remember is being in the dark as a searing pain went through my right hoof; the hoof that has the three on it.