Bronies in the armed forces

Pr3datorTaco

I respect and am thankful for them for serving our country, and that isn't because they are bronies, it's because they are taking such a huge risk so that we all can live peacefully. Some of them being bronies is pretty awesome, but what they do for all of us is even more awesome. 

Edited by Lando
  • Brohoof 4

I've got a friend who got into MLP while serving overseas. He told me one time about how whenever they were able to catch a new episode there would be a good fifteen people crowded around either a laptop or a TV screen. It's just feel-good fun and it got their minds off of what was going around them. He's still a major brony, though from what he said a lot of the other guys lost interest in the show once they came back home.

Think of it like this....Warriors need an outlet too. If all they see is hardship and death, it can ruin a person. MLP can actually give a nice outlet. If you think about it, they kinda are the Royal guard. Those guys are bad asses. I for one was in Law Enforcement for a while serving my community that way and I obviously love MLP. Not to mention I dare anyone to go up to a Marine who loves MLP and call him  a Fag...........

• Brohoof 8

I've got a friend who got into MLP while serving overseas. He told me one time about how whenever they were able to catch a new episode there would be a good fifteen people crowded around either a laptop or a TV screen. It's just feel-good fun and it got their minds off of what was going around them. He's still a major brony, though from what he said a lot of the other guys lost interest in the show once they came back home.

I could not agree more with this. The people who are laying down their time and lives deserve our utmost respect for their service to this great nation of ours.

God bless America.

• Brohoof 2

I think it's awesome, I'm not the kind of person that would join the army myself, but I fully respect and support them. 

I think it's interesting we see warriors being sensitive as odd when being a "Warrior Poet" was considered a mark of honor in some cultures. There's even some that expect the willingness to shed tears from a warrior. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I think its good that there are have Bronies in the armed forces. well not so much in the UK I think, but still...

It certainly buts the kibosh on the idea that if your a brony then your a pansy.

From looking at the forum I doubt I would like the fan fic etc they have there though.

I know of several Bronys/Military Men/DJs in the military (Not personally mind you) but Black Griph0n and Baasik are both in some branch of the armed forces, and Black Griph0n is a brony. for those of you who dont know these two are brothers and are behind the songs Dashstep, Paper Sky, and PIRL. these guys make great songs

• 4 months later...

I'm now coming to the final decision on joining the National Guard, though I'm not sure ether to join Transportation or Infantry yet. Though I see no reason why a Brony in the military should be different from anyone else. If anything, I agree with Thunder-Dash as it being a way to get away from all the stress.

Edited by Assassin✮Derpy

• 2 weeks later...

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

(edited)
On 12/2/2012 at 11:06 PM, Cupcake Ice Cream said:

I see no reason to have the issue at all. The military (and I know this will be unpopular) needs a bit more sensitivity. I spent 8 years active and 2 years reserve and frankly I was appalled by some (see: most) of the viewpoints in the military

Ssadly a lot of those viewpoints are still present.

With that said i'm glad that most poster's here support the military or mainly the troops themselves.

Edited by GrooveBroove