Offense Banned for:
Staff member who banned you:
Dispute Reason:
Edited by Oddgob
  • Brohoof 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Critique? Okay. I only have time to listen to one, but here goes: Winter Wrap Up

Let's see. The vocals should be turned down -6dB because it overpowers the ukulele.

If you know what I'm talking about, you can raise the high EQ wavelengths in your voice.

And for the ukelele, the same volume should be fine, because the vocals are quieter. If you record with a mic about 1.5 feet away from the ukeleke, it should get a decent sound. Too close and there will be too much background noise from the fingering.

And for the mic: it doesn't sound like you have a pop filter (because I can hear your breaths on the mic, lol). I suggest using a condenser mic with a cardoid pattern, and a pop filter to stop the breath sounds. That should get you started on the mixing side of things. :)

Took a listen to the first 2 and you voice sounds pretty good. First one was a bit balanced sound wise (although a little plain), the second one (Swing Tavi)  the instruments were just too far in the back and midi instruments just honestly sound rather poor (like they were imported into FL and you never swapped them for a vst). I would really look into sound libraries / samples if you wanna give an authentic sound and make sure to balance your vocals to fit in the song, not overpower them. They won't be cheap if you're not a pirate and don't pick up Kontakt but there are free alternatives and they would definitely improve your backing sounds IF you're interested. Even a good vst like Nexus or Absynth would help a lot in that department. It's not uncommon for vocalists to have their voice eq'ed above where others would want them but it's important to fight that urge (i see a lot of brony hip-hop tracks do the same thing tbh). Anyway, keep at it! ;(

Well it's up to you how far you want to go with this, sorry was not aware you were singing over someone else's instrumental. If it's just you and your ukelele and that's all it will ever be then i might not be a whole lot of help in recommending stuff to help you produce better. But if you wanna remix a show track or another bronies music you could go that extra length and do that within a DAW like a lot of us have figured out, its really up to you. Just some basic eq knowledge can make a big difference in terms of lowering the midrange of a song's eq so your vocals will fit nicelly within the mix or de-essing can make a big difference in the end song.

Anyway if this isnt relevent to your music, my apologies. Just trying to help. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Just finished subscribing to you, because you honestly deserve it - I wish you didn't bring yourself down, becase you're honestly good and it seems we're pretty much in the same boat right now. I'd love to be able to collaborate with you!

Keep it up, and let's both better ourselves happy.png

Edited by Shiek927
  • Brohoof 1

Many thanks for the subscribe, and hey, self-deprecation is exceedingly comfortable. I aim for perfection! So I'll be unsatisfied for awhile (i.e. forever).

You should upload something so I can hear your voice!

Perhaps, but you're not really selling yourself the way you should - I get your humor, but if you keep writing about yourself and how bad you are, how is anyone going to listen to your songs? If you yourself seemingly don't like them?

I get your humor, I do, but you should try for a more positive upbeat image  - that's my advice anyway.