Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is it that...

Wingnut

...some of the posts and threads I really would like feedback on are generally ignored BUT other things I give little thought to are getting a lot of replies and brohoofs?

I'm not whining, just noting something I think we all experience online.  Is there a name for this pheomenon where the desire for replies is inversely proportional to the number of replies you actually get? 

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to MLP Forums. Happens to me too. Incredibly long posts also tend to be ignored unless the poster already has some kind of reputation or the thread is still short, though somebody might still pass it over but give you a pity brohoof for putting so much time into it. I'm not sure what my most brohoofed post is, but I'll wager that it's a wordless, reaction image post buried somewhere deep in the Lounge.

Next time you post something you feel is really deserving of a read and/or reply, attach an image to it even if it's unrelated. It'll increase your chances of it catching people's attention.

post-6104-0-55262500-1355116572.png

Welcome to MLP Forums. Happens to me too. Incredibly long posts also tend to be ignored unless the poster already has some kind of reputation or the thread is still short, though somebody might still pass it over but give you a pity brohoof for putting so much time into it. I'm not sure what my most brohoofed post is, but I'll wager that it's a wordless, reaction image post buried somewhere deep in the Lounge.

Next time you post something you feel is really deserving of a read and/or reply, attach an image to it even if it's unrelated. It'll increase your chances of it catching people's attention.

attachicon.gifdash-check.png

Thanks for the welcome.  Since I'm relatively new, I know what my most brohoofed post is so far.  Namely, it was something I put in the show discussion about Sleepless in Ponyville.  It was a very simple observation:  That Scootaloo's real fear wasn't that she'd be seen as fearful or uncool, but that Rainbow Dash wouldn't accept her as a little sister. 

I'll keep in mind what you said about using images to engage fellow members too. 

Edited by Wingnut