Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

AppleDash... more than I thought?

Dashabel

OK, I get that some Bronies (or Pegasisters for that matter) like to think of AJ and RD as a cute couple... but I just read a most disturbing story! Call me old fashioned, but is there any other fanfic of ''AppleDash''...? Or was that name made for their lesbian sakes? I know this sounds dumb but I've not been an MLP fan for long and I'm only 13 and I just thought that AJ and RD shouldn't be thought of in that way.

Is my username dirtier than I thought!? D:

Edited by Appledashforever

OK, I get that some Bronies (or Pegasisters for that matter) like to think of AJ and RD as a cute couple... but I just read a most disturbing story! Call me old fashioned, but is there any other fanfic of ''AppleDash''...? Or was that name made for their lesbian sakes? I know this sounds dumb but I've not been an MLP fan for long and I'm only 13 and I just thought that AJ and RD shouldn't be thought of in that way.

Is my username dirtier than I thought!? D:

I say anything that isn't boys and girls is wrong in all ways, shapes and forms. So, taking upon this, there are two ships that I accept.

-Doctor Whooves X Derpy Hooves

-FlutterMac (but NOTHING to do with Sweet Apple Massacre... Yeesh)

If you want to, go ahead. These are the only two that I approve of. Anything else... sheesh.

• Brohoof 1

Appledash is a common way to refer to pairing up Rainbow Dash and Applejack romantically, and yeah, it is fairly common to write stories or to draw art with them together. It isn't really my favorite pairing but people will do what they will. I wouldn't worry about your username, it can just refer to you being a fan of the two of them and that's fine.

"AppleDash" seems to refer to Applejack and Rainbow Dash being in a relationship, and so yeah I guess your username is dirtier than you thought lol

Oh for Pony's sake. This is actually ridiculous! Lol. I'm such a featherbrain. Guess I better change my username or make a new account! Sorry, but I'm not a fan AppleDash now... lol

I can see how you'd get confused, because technically speaking, any shipping names, like AppleDash, RariJack, PinkieShy, TwiDash, etc. can refer to either romantic or platonic shipping.  That said, these names generally more often refer to romantic shippings of characters, even though they can refer to friendship shipping as well.  I'm also with you on this one; I'm not a huge fan of shipping any of the Mane 6 together myself, since I view it as being out of character.  If you want some cute shippings that would probably suit your tastes more, RD and Soarin', Spitfire and Soarin', Fluttershy and Big Mac (please don't kill me Comrade Dimitri  ^_^ ), and Derpy and Doctor Whooves (my own personal favorite) are some of the more popular straight fanon shippings out there.

Oh and if you're looking for an alternate username that sounds less dirty to you, you could always alter it to "AppleDashBFFsforever".  Simple enough change that it wouldn't be too different from how it is now, but at the same time close enough to what you originally wanted it as, and wouldn't imply anything that you didn't want it to.  Or you could just keep it the same as DashForever suggested, no big either way, whatever floats your boat.  Hope this helps!!!  :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

Oh for Pony's sake. This is actually ridiculous! Lol. I'm such a featherbrain. Guess I better change my username or make a new account! Sorry, but I'm not a fan AppleDash now... lol

There's absolutely no reason to make a new account, although if you really want to, you can change your username. I don't think it's a big deal though. I would just keep the name.

I say anything that isn't boys and girls is wrong in all ways, shapes and forms. So, taking upon this, there are two ships that I accept.

-Doctor Whooves X Derpy Hooves

-FlutterMac (but NOTHING to do with Sweet Apple Massacre... Yeesh)

If you want to, go ahead. These are the only two that I approve of. Anything else... sheesh.

At least I'm not the only one!

I mean, I've nothing against homosexuals an' all but I can't believe I made this account without realising what it really meant. 

I've always thought it'd be cute for Dash to find a guy... but these stories I've been reading about her and AJ... just going to far I reckon. :/

P.S I like Derpy Hooves and Doctor Whooves to :3

I can see how you'd get confused, because technically speaking, any shipping names, like AppleDash, RariJack, PinkieShy, TwiDash, etc. can refer to either romantic or platonic shipping.  That said, these names generally more often refer to romantic shippings of characters, even though they can refer to friendship shipping as well.  I'm also with you on this one; I'm not a huge fan of shipping any of the Mane 6 together myself, since I view it as being out of character.  If you want some cute shippings that would probably suit your tastes more, RD and Soarin', Spitfire and Soarin', Fluttershy and Big Mac (please don't kill me Comrade Dimitri  ^_^ ), and Derpy and Doctor Whooves (my own personal favorite) are some of the more popular straight fanon shippings out there.

Oh and if you're looking for an alternate username that sounds less dirty to you, you could always alter it to "AppleDashBFFsforever".  Simple enough change that it wouldn't be too different from how it is now, but at the same time close enough to what you originally wanted it as, and wouldn't imply anything that you didn't want it to.  Or you could just keep it the same as DashForever suggested, no big either way, whatever floats your boat.  Hope this helps!!!  :)

Thank you!! You developed my point a lot further there. I don't think all these Mane 6 pairings are all that great... but Fluttershy and Big Mac, that's just adorable :3 I was starting to get worried!

• Brohoof 2

I'm actually writing a fanfic myself about Dash and this guy but it's not really good, and it was for my own entertainment! I made up this pony but I don't really like him. Soarin's a bit of a derp but yeah, I guess they'd be cute together!

Thank you!! You developed my point a lot further there. I don't think all these Mane 6 pairings are all that great... but Fluttershy and Big Mac, that's just adorable :3 I was starting to get worried!

Whatever you do, just don't tell Comrade Dimitri-Hammer that!!!  He both loves Fluttershy and hates Big Mac with a passion, so he is not a fan of that particular shipping, to say the least.  He's a great guy and all, very friendly; just saying, that's an easy way to get on his bad side, and you don't want to get on his bad side!!!  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I kinda like SoarinDash, but Soarin's gonna have to work hard to impress her!

I've also recently seen this idea of a fanfic stallion named 'Rainbow Blitz', and herself to fall in love.  He's the exact same colour as Rainbow Dash, mane an' all, which to be honest I don't like, because Dash is the only with Rainbow mane + tail. She is the only special one. Plus I'm a perfectionist so I don't like them being the exact same xD The idea of SoarinDash is starting to warm on me... :3

well in my opinion I think it's kinda disturbing a bit, and why they would pair up two female ponies is a mystery to me. However, if that's what they like, and as long as they don't bother me with it, I'm cool. I'm not really a fan of shippings anyways, but if I ever do, I'd say Fluttermac sounds like a good one. 

So I honestly don't really like those kinds of shippings with the same gender, and I wonder why they can't just use a stallion or something. I could think of tons of shippings with a mare and stallion relationship. But hey, if the AppleDash shippings  don't bother me, I won't bother them. I just don't really like them, and I find it quite disturbing in some areas. But I usually just ignore them.

Also, to change your username: At the top of your page, click your username, and underneath the options click 'My Settings' then go to Display name. However, you can only change your username around 3 times I think. Hope I helped!

Yeah, I kinda like SoarinDash, but Soarin's gonna have to work hard to impress her!

I've also recently seen this idea of a fanfic stallion named 'Rainbow Blitz', and herself to fall in love.  He's the exact same colour as Rainbow Dash, mane an' all, which to be honest I don't like, because Dash is the only with Rainbow mane + tail. She is the only special one. Plus I'm a perfectionist so I don't like them being the exact same xD The idea of SoarinDash is starting to warm on me... :3

Rainbow Blitz is Rainbow Dash. Just if she were a stallion(Male) instead of a mare(Female.) The other ponies have versions of this too.

Rainbow Blitz is Rainbow Dash. Just if she were a stallion(Male) instead of a mare(Female.) The other ponies have versions of this too.

How come I've seen them both sorta.. loved up? I thought they kept the same names to. Ah well. I'm not really into him. I guess he is kinda cool though B-)

How come I've seen them both sorta.. loved up? I thought they kept the same names to. Ah well. I'm not really into him. I guess he is kinda cool though B-)

Here's an image with the fanon images of the mane six as colts. (Spike too) This is quite a common thing in shipping, and there's much worse in shipping. But to answer your original question, yes, appledash is the name for Applejack shipped with RD. Just like Twilestia is Twilight and Celestia, and Fluttermac, Pinkieshy, etc. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/261/1/9/time_to_say_goodbye_by_trotsworth-d4a6yjk.png

So if I were to change my name to Scootadash or something, I wouldn't regret that either...? I love those two together... as SISTERS/BEST FRIENDS/WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT. Just not lesbians. lol

Here's an image with the fanon images of the mane six as colts. (Spike too) This is quite a common thing in shipping, and there's much worse in shipping. But to answer your original question, yes, appledash is the name for Applejack shipped with RD. Just like Twilestia is Twilight and Celestia, and Fluttermac, Pinkieshy, etc. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/261/1/9/time_to_say_goodbye_by_trotsworth-d4a6yjk.png

Yes, I've seen that pic before. I understand that they make male versions of the 6. Give them all new names to.

Twilestia... omg.. that's just weird. LOL

So if I were to change my name to Scootadash or something, I wouldn't regret that either...? I love those two together... as SISTERS/BEST FRIENDS/WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT. Just not lesbians. lol

If you don't want people thinking that, then you wouldn't be. Most people would assume you meant that as shipping, as that's quite a common pairing to ship. I'm guessing you're new to shipping.

Edited by Brosparkles

Yes, I've seen that pic before. I understand that they make male versions of the 6. Give them all new names to.

Twilestia? Yes, there was a fan fic of that on FIM Fiction about a month back. Made to featured stories in a bit less than two hours. Heh.

Twilestia? Yes, there was a fan fic of that on FIM Fiction about a month back. Made to featured stories in a bit less than two hours. Heh.

There's probably a new fiction about that every week, at least, if not more(maybe i'm exaggerating a little). It's one of the most common, along with Appledash.

• Brohoof 1

nah don't Change the name, It's fine..

From recent research i have a feeling the rules of the internet apply but doesn't mean it has to be "18+"

Could be a friendly Relationship, i mean is it not true that Friendship is magic? 

nah don't Change the name, It's fine..

From recent research i have a feeling the rules of the internet apply but doesn't mean it has to be "18+"

Could be a friendly Relationship, i mean is it not true that Friendship is magic? 

Yes, but it's all the fanfic. I quite like pairings such as Rainbow Dash and Soarin', or as mentioned earlier, Fluttershy and Big Mac, but AJ and RD? I think it's just gone too far. Personally if they must be together they shouldn't turn this sweet TV show into something disgusting.

I blame the Bronies.

I dosen't have to be sexual, but people will think about it that way. Your name isn't really 'dirty' and I just like to think of shipping as "just closer friends". I don't really do shipping much and many of them I don't really "approve of".

So when I read your name I think “Rainbow Dash X Applejack” and nothing really else.

• Brohoof 1