Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art ODST Dual Monitor

Acoustic Cloud

Alright well since I was thinking about ODST's (Not a clue why) I wanted to make some monitor backgrounds for it.  So here is a dual monitor set up I have just finished doing touch-ups on.  I have it set up to change every twelve hours for day and night.  

post-7058-0-04414700-1355696633_thumb.jpg

post-7058-0-34242400-1355696643_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Very cool, I like the backgrounds a whole lot, especially the top one (I'm a sucker for winter environments in video games!).  Always thought ODST was underrated; yeah, Firefight wasn't as good as it was in Reach, but still, it had a great story, and was an interesting experiment in new gameplay on Bungie's part!  :)

• Brohoof 2

Very cool, I like the backgrounds a whole lot, especially the top one (I'm a sucker for winter environments in video games!).  Always thought ODST was underrated; yeah, Firefight wasn't as good as it was in Reach, but still, it had a great story, and was an interesting experiment in new gameplay on Bungie's part!  :)

Thanks! yeah I always enjoy dynamic weather, inclement and of the sorts.  The game had an epic campaign but nothing good on Multiplayer--agreed.  

If that's supposed to be snow, then these turned out amazingly!

I like the fact that you made a day and night one, that's actually a neat idea.

Yes it would be snow :) SO I guess it is good you can tell what it is, otherwise I would have failed miserably.  And yeah I thought the day night thing was cool so I went for it.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! yeah I always enjoy dynamic weather, inclement and of the sorts.  The game had an epic campaign but nothing good on Multiplayer--agreed.  

I was always surprised by how much Microsoft let Bungie splurge on that title budget-wise.  Yeah it had a great campaign, and Firefight was an interesting new concept (even if, again, it wasn't that good with ODSTs, nor did Arcade exist yet), but the game came with two discs, the second of which was entirely so that you could play on Halo 3's MP servers, and nothing else!!!  That's a pretty expensive game package to produce overall!  Then again, they were still producing good game manuals at this time as well, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised Microsoft let 'em splurge on that (please tell me I wasn't the only one saddened by the fact that Halo 4 had no manual :( ; I know it's kinda tedious to read them, and that they add to the cost of producing game packages, but call me old school, there's something nostalgic about reading game manuals, especially a well-put together game manual, and let me tell ya, Halo games have always had good game manuals!!!).

Edited by Batbrony

I was always surprised by how much Microsoft let Bungie splurge on that title budget-wise.  Yeah it had a great campaign, and Firefight was an interesting new concept (even if, again, it wasn't that good with ODSTs, nor did Arcade exist yet), but the game came with two discs, the second of which was entirely so that you could play on Halo 3's MP servers, and nothing else!!!  That's a pretty expensive game package to produce overall!  Then again, they were still producing good game manuals at this time as well, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised Microsoft let 'em splurge on that (please tell me I wasn't the only one saddened by the fact that Halo 4 had no manual :( ; I know it's kinda tedious to read them, and that they add to the cost of producing game packages, but call me old school, there's something nostalgic about reading game manuals, especially a well-put together game manual, and let me tell ya, Halo games have always had good game manuals!!!).

I agree it was a huge budget that just faltered slightly with no new servers.  

And yeah Halo 4 with no manual.. Come on.  I remember back in the day I'd read gaming manuals before bed when I was little.  Memorizing everything from sonic to wave runner.  And halo always has the most impressive manuals with all the gun names stats, races, vehicles, HUD, etc. I was a bit bummed.

• Brohoof 1

I agree it was a huge budget that just faltered slightly with no new servers.  

And yeah Halo 4 with no manual.. Come on.  I remember back in the day I'd read gaming manuals before bed when I was little.  Memorizing everything from sonic to wave runner.  And halo always has the most impressive manuals with all the gun names stats, races, vehicles, HUD, etc. I was a bit bummed.

They couldn't at least have had an an online manual even?  I mean, come on, Assassin's Creed: Revelations did that at least, and it was actually pretty impressive; even found a way to tie it into the story line and everything.  I guess 343 would argue that Halo: Waypoint is kind of a manual, but it really isn't, just isn't the same (even though I do love Waypoint).

• Brohoof 1

They couldn't at least have had an an online manual even?  I mean, come on, Assassin's Creed: Revelations did that at least, and it was actually pretty impressive; even found a way to tie it into the story line and everything.  I guess 343 would argue that Halo: Waypoint is kind of a manual, but it really isn't, just isn't the same (even though I do love Waypoint).

You could say that it is an online manual, but it will never replace the solid presence of a paper manual.  So still, with no manual that was my only let down--all in all, great game.

• Brohoof 1

You could say that it is an online manual, but it will never replace the solid presence of a paper manual.  So still, with no manual that was my only let down--all in all, great game.

True dat, aside from that little hiccup, Halo 4 is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word!!!  Love that game so much, can't wait to game it up over Christmas Break!!!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1