Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art hidden post

featheredone

Looks pretty good for a first version. Haven't seen any big bugs yet, but I'll let you know when I find one.

The only thing that is mildly irritating is the white text on black background for the posts.
I personally find that sort of color scheme too glaring to look at regularly. Using grays for those areas might be more easy on the eyes. :)

This site could use a dark theme for sure. Not saying a theme with bright colors and such is bad. I just have a thing for dark colors.

This looks good. I hope we get a variety of different themes to choose from in the future.

Well, the default I've used for this is white. However, if you look into the editting console for the sheet, you'll notice that there's a few lines of code that are edittable...

I spent a majority of last night editing around in the sheet. It was mostly a process of trial and error because I don't know much about code (Even with the element inspector on Firefox, it was still slightly confusing) :P

The one bit that's been kind of a pest to hunt down is the red bar that appears underneath the posts.

I made the editing slightly easier for myself by making a little quicktravel thing in notepad so I can CTRL + F to places I've already been.

The red bar under posts? That's line 76.

Awesome. Thanks for that :)

However, one thing I can't change is the forum's banner. It's because it's an image SRC rather than a css element so you have to do that in javascript.

The forum extension for Chrome allows users to change the banner. There aren't many banner choices at the moment though.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/25698-the-forums-extension-development-thread/

Edited by JayBee

• The title was changed to hidden post