Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

(edited)
I made a post on the Debate Pit layout my cumulative case for Christianity, based upon philosophical and scientific points. If you ever wanted to see how to go from 'ehn' to 'theism' without using the Bible, see the first two points I made. [Linkable]

You could also make an argument based on dimensions, however this would imply that you have some notion of the attributes of God. I'm sure you could figure out a way to make it so that you don't need these pre-defining factors though.

If God created everything, then He must be greater than the 10 dimensions that exist. If He is beyond our dimension 7(6, if you want to say we're in 4D) times, it would be no wonder why we cannot begin to fully understand Him, as a two dimensional object can only see a sliver of the three dimensional world, multiplying that fraction of a view seven times would certify our inability to know and see Him everyday. 

So, with that being said, it is possible (in reason) that there could be a God, it's just that with our 3rd dimensional bodies and minds that we cannot begin to understand or see Him in full.

Coming from a Christian perspective, God is said to be infinite So to try to put Him in a dimension (putting Him in a box/defining Him completely) is rather impossible.

In a Christian perspective, it also puts a spin on the Bible with such passages as John 1:18 and 1 Kings 8:21:

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

"But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you."

If we were to see God in His full splendor, we would have to go up 7 dimensions. That's warping our body, and probably to the point of it's inability to survive (since we live in the 3rd dimension). A Wrinkle in Time goes over this briefly with inter-dimension travel. Granted, I could be wrong, but I mean, it is viable in my opinion. 

This might be of interest as it kinda relates to explaining how dimensions work.

Edited by Sudo Krenton

You guys ever feel that God has been unfair with you at some point? That you feel as if you're being punished for an unknown reason or that you just can't catch a break? I just want to know if anyone can relate to my current turmoil -_-

You guys ever feel that God has been unfair with you at some point? That you feel as if you're being punished for an unknown reason or that you just can't catch a break? I just want to know if anyone can relate to my current turmoil

I think Blue could best relate to this. Personally, whatever happens to me is usually my fault, so I don't usually have the feeling you're having. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
You misunderstand the Cosmological Argument. It would necessarily be the case that God's existence would be superior to any domain of spacetime, which includes dimensions. He is "above" nature. This is why we call his domain supernature.

I am afraid that I do not understand what you are exactly saying. What have I misunderstood in the Cosmological Argument? I honestly wish to know, and I am not trying to argue. 

Edited by VisualStudio Krenton

I am afraid that I do not understand what you are exactly saying. What have I misunderstood in the Cosmological Argument? I honestly wish to know, and I am not trying to argue. 

God is not subject to dimensions any more than he is subject to time or matter.

If he was "in" a dimension, then that would be a way of suggesting that we could travel somewhere and interact with him physically. It's just an indirect way of saying that God could be found by traveling somewhere or looking at something.

It's like asking where does an author "exist" in his work? He can read it from front to back, he can open to any page he wants, he can read it backwards, he can change things or just let the characters be the characters, he can put himself in the work, he can change the rules, he can wipe it all clean and start anew.

God is the author. All of the physical laws of the universe we are constantly discovering? Don't apply to Him. (As far as we know.) As Blue said, hence the term "supernatural" e.g. above nature.

You guys ever feel that God has been unfair with you at some point? That you feel as if you're being punished for an unknown reason or that you just can't catch a break? I just want to know if anyone can relate to my current turmoil -_-

I've definitely felt like that before and still do whenever things get tough. I can totally understand what that feels like. But just remember that God would never do that to one of His children. If you're going through a tough time, God will be there for you every step of the way :)

(edited)

I did not say he was in the 10th dimension or in any dimension for that matter. I just said that we would have to go beyond the dimension we are in to get to him, and in that case, would be external from all dimensions. And because he exists outside of dimensions. It is impossible for us to get to him or fully comprehend his existence.

I hope I understood what you're saying I perhaps wasn't clear on.

What I'm getting at is that we cannot put him into a dimension (a box) because he exists outside of that. Of course everything doesn't apply to him. That's what I've been trying to say with dimensions. It's just one tiny aspect.

Edited by VisualStudio Krenton
  • Brohoof 1

I did not say he was in the 10th dimension or in any dimension for that matter. I just said that we would have to go beyond the dimension we are in to get to him, and in that case, would be external from all dimensions. And because he exists outside of dimensions. It is impossible for us to get to him or fully comprehend his existence.

I hope I understood what you're saying I perhaps wasn't clear on.

What I'm getting at is that we cannot put him into a dimension (a box) because he exists outside of that. Of course everything doesn't apply to him. That's what I've been trying to say with dimensions. It's just one tiny aspect.

No that makes perfect sense, at least to me. Humanity has always tried to define what is "beyond" us, God, and the various religion's depiction of the Divine are just different and ever evolving interpretations of what is truly out there beyond the physical.

• Brohoof 1

No that makes perfect sense, at least to me. Humanity has always tried to define what is "beyond" us, God, and the various religion's depiction of the Divine are just different and ever evolving interpretations of what is truly out there beyond the physical.

Not that I agree with it 100% (just minor hiccups)... this is still a very viable explanation in my opinion with dimension and God. http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/xdimgod.html

And then armed with the video I posted earlier where it discusses extra-dimensional objects, we could begin to understand why it is so hard to understand the mere existence of God.... just my thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

Not that I agree with it 100% (just minor hiccups)... this is still a very viable explanation in my opinion with dimension and God. http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/xdimgod.html

And then armed with the video I posted earlier where it discusses extra-dimensional objects, we could begin to understand why it is so hard to understand the mere existence of God.... just my thoughts.

That seems like a perfectly workable theory to me. I've never been one to say that science and religion disprove or deny one another, in fact I've always been a proponent of both actually reinforcing one another. I've always walked away from an astrophysics lesson with a greater appreciation of God and learned theology only to come up with how that might metaphorically correspond to a physical event.

• Brohoof 2

I've definitely felt like that before and still do whenever things get tough. I can totally understand what that feels like. But just remember that God would never do that to one of His children. If you're going through a tough time, God will be there for you every step of the way :)

Not every step, it's been quite a long time since I've received a blessing of any sort, all I've had is just terrible misfortune :(

Not every step, it's been quite a long time since I've received a blessing of any sort, all I've had is just terrible misfortune :(

Sometimes we go through valleys where we don't see much of an end in sight. Even though you don't think God is with you, I can say from experience that He definitely is.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand how you feel. I just want you to know that God never abandons anyone. Heck, I've thrown myself into even worse times by convincing myself that He isn't there.

I know it might be horrible advice, but sometimes we alljust need to say 'God, what's the deal? What's the purpose of this?' God wants us to be honest with Him and ask Him to get us through the hard times :)

• Brohoof 1

Well... pending on how my situation ends over the next little bit, I think I'd be willing to give a testimony of my own...

Just as a preview, let's say that while the entire month of June 2015 was one of the most difficult in my life, I've learned to find peace in God and cling to Him all the more. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

My deep rooted fear for this country is that eventually we're going to see laws that completely violate religious rights.

Seriously, I am terrified living here.

Edited by Decrypted
  • Brohoof 2

My deep rooted fear for this country is that eventually we're going to see laws that completely violate religious rights.

Don't be. Wait, I assume you are living in the U.S. first of all right?

• Brohoof 1

Don't be. Wait, I assume you are living in the U.S. first of all right?

Yes unfortunately.

I am afraid that there'll be an Anti-Christian activist movement as a result of the gay marriage ruling.

And Christians like me, will get mowed over, regardless if we supported the gay marriage legalization or not.

• Brohoof 2

I'll take the brohoof as a yes. The United States is still the most religious nation on Earth, with the exception of the Vatican I suppose. The very nature of our laws say they come from something above humans and government. Whether one calls it God, nature, or what have you, the idea is the same. The law may be enforced by people but it comes from something greater. Not to mention laws outright censoring religion would be preposterous to propose, it's the very First Amendment.

Might I ask what brought on this fear?

Yes unfortunately.

I am afraid that there'll be an Anti-Christian activist movement as a result of the gay marriage ruling.

And Christians like me, will get mowed over, regardless if we supported the gay marriage legalization or not.

Don't say unfortunately. Call me what you will, but I'm a patriot, I firmly believe this to be the greatest country on Earth. (Not that I don't love every nation I've visited either. In fact, my love of the world strengthens my love for my country.)

I would not fear such things. Injustice is injustice, no one would allow the same evils that the gay community was subjected to be turned right back around on those they deemed oppressed them. After all, wouldn't that make them hypocrites?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll take the brohoof as a yes. The United States is still the most religious nation on Earth, with the exception of the Vatican I suppose. The very nature of our laws say they come from something above humans and government. Whether one calls it God, nature, or what have you, the idea is the same. The law may be enforced by people but it comes from something greater. Not to mention laws outright censoring religion would be preposterous to propose, it's the very First Amendment.

Might I ask what brought on this fear?

What I mentioned here.

Yes unfortunately.

I say it's quite unfair that I have to be judged by my Christian label in general.

People ALWAYS seem to assume that I pair my moral and legal beliefs together.

Edited by Decrypted
  • Brohoof 1

What I mentioned here.

I say it's quite unfair that I have to be judged by my Christian label in general.

People ALWAYS seem to assume that I pair my moral and legal beliefs together.

Oh trust me, you are not alone in that. In fact the majority of Christian bronies here would say they are in your same boat. So at the very least you have friends who can empathize with being misjudged along with your/our faith.  :)

• Brohoof 3