Is there a change MLP:FiM could come out on Blu-ray?

TheMarkz0ne

I know season 1 is out on dvd. But what about getting seasons 1-3 on blu ray? My blu ray collection has been getting pretty big and I would want dat MLP in 1080p. Are there any signs of it coming to light? I'm not getting it on dvd because there's only two commentaries and I have netflix so it's unneeded right now

Cartoons in 1800p doesn't matter. Pixels only really matter on live action, 480p and over don't seem to make a difference when it comes to cartoons.

It does when you sometimes watch it on a projector with surround sound that costs more than your car. XD

(My cousins and I sometimes watch on my uncle's home theater system. Trust me, 1080p makes a difference.)

OP: the company that makes the DVD's said once that they "really don't have the market to release full DVD's". (Even though they obviously have Bronies...). Anyhow, since their target demographic is young girls who's parents can entertain them without needing a full disc, they create smaller sized discs.

Edited by CloudFyre

It does when you sometimes watch it on a projector with surround sound that costs more than your car. XD

(My cousins and I sometimes watch on my uncle's home theater system. Trust me, 1080p makes a difference.)

Well if you're on a large screen like a home theater like you said. But on a laptop or something like that then not really. So for on large TVs and the like it might make a difference.

Signature.png

Well if you're on a large screen like a home theater like you said. But on a laptop or something like that then not really. So for on large TVs and the like it might make a difference.

Yeah, you're right. It all depends on the viewing window. However, there actually is a benefit to getting 1080p, even if you won't be viewing it at full size: audio quality.

On YouTube for example, the encoding is different enough that a musician could probably hear the difference between the sound quality. (128kbps vs 152kbps). Others could probably hear it as well, depending on the kinds of sounds that are being pushed though.

Edited by CloudFyre

Wait. What does FIS stand for?

Anyway, probably not. Cartoons rarely get such a release. It really isn't needed. This is generally for live action.

leafeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal        @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

There is a difference in the sharpness of lines at 1080p although I doubt it's 1080 rather a slightly lower resolution, at least on YouTube there is a substantial difference.

Anyway you're lucky, there is no DVD releases in the UK nor downloadable/streamable media.

One would think it's not viable to produce on BD and also there's will likely not be a market for it.

"Exit signs - they're on the way out aren't they?"

"Velcro.  What a rip-off!"

"I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said, 'No, I said mascarpone'."

Tim Vine

OP: the company that makes the DVD's said once that they "really don't have the market to release full DVD's". (Even though they obviously have Bronies...). Anyhow, since their target demographic is young girls who's parents can entertain them without needing a full disc, they create smaller sized discs.

You just reminded me of something. years ago one of the anime DVD companies was releasing mini-DVDs that contained one episode of an anime, with no extras or anything. I still have a couple. Hasbro actually did something similar by enclosing single episode DVDs with some toys.

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

Wait. What does FIS stand for?

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Serious" 

As for Blu Ray...you made of money?! I wish I could even watch MLP in 720p on YouTube without my internet imploding on me.

Or hell, for that - I wish I could even get MLP on DVD over here in the UK, never mind Blu Ray :( 

img-1796426-3-wBKtbPh.pngI've been watching you, all this time.