Someone help me out. Please. :)

BeatrixBow

Hello there. I've been recently creating a new OC for myself and I need a cutie mark. I was thinking like a swirly vortex or something. Yeah, swirly vortex. You see, she is a time travel pony, and I must have cutie mark. Her story is very sad. :( Yeah, so someone please draw me a swirly vortex. xD Thanks!

Here is my OC. The fastest and easiest way to attach it was to put it in a document, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to 'make it available for use'. I just made this pony yesterday on The Pony Creator, so maybe that's why it won't work. *shrugs*  :) Thanks guys. 

Simone The Time Traveling Pony.docx

Edited by BeatrixBow
  • Brohoof 3

Hello there. I've been recently creating a new OC for myself and I need a cutie mark. I was thinking like a swirly vortex or something. Yeah, swirly vortex. You see, she is a time travel pony, and I must have cutie mark. Her story is very sad. :( Yeah, so someone please draw me a swirly vortex. xD Thanks!

file:///C:/Users/Abrar%20Eltahir/Pictures/Simone%20the%20time%20traveling%20pony

Here is my OC.The only way you can view it is copy and paste it into a new tab, sorry. If anyone knows a better way I can attach this file, do tell. :) Thanks guys. 

Oh, that only works on your computer. It tries to take us to a place that doesn't exist in our computer. :3 If you want to upload it go to the Upload Files + More Reply Options button right beside the post button. From there on the bottom click Attach Files and click on the picture you want to upload. Then click add to post after it's done loading. I hope this was of help to you~ Cant wait to see your OC. :3

Edited by Bronyette

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

You linked the image of your HDD, you need to actually upload it somewhere for us to see it, like Photobucket, or as a attachment here. 

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Hello there...

file:///C:/Users/...

You might want to edit that, so that we can't see your real name.  I know where you live now (or at least the person whose computer you're using...probably your dad or brother).  Can't be too careful; there are a lot of odd people out there.

Edited by NLR Information Minister

Regards,

PlunderSteed

Bassist, pianist, and backing vocalist for MLP-themed metal band Draconequus.  Check out our latest music video, a metal cover of "Tricks up my Sleeve" here.

Bassist, pianist, and vocalist for MLP-themed alt rock band Worst Princess.  Check our recent live performance of "Shine Like Rainbows" here.

file:///C:/Users/Abrar%20Eltahir/Pictures/Simone%20the%20time%20traveling%20pony

Uhh...might wanna get rid of that soon.And fast.Before any weird people come knocking on your door.

Also,we can't see the image.You should upload it to something like Imgur or Photobucket.You can also send the picture as an attachment on these forums,but it doesn't look as pretty as simply linking the photo via the little "image" button on the toolbar thingie mabob.

Uhh...might wanna get rid of that soon.And fast.Before any weird people come knocking on your door.

Also,we can't see the image.You should upload it to something like Imgur or Photobucket.You can also send the picture as an attachment on these forums,but it doesn't look as pretty as simply linking the photo via the little "image" button on the toolbar thingie mabob.

Did anybody else have the hilarious mental image of CaptainBlue's avatar knocking on Beatrix's front door.  And her dad answers it, and CaptainBlue strikes that exact pose and goes "...hey."

Just me?

• Brohoof 3

Regards,

PlunderSteed

Bassist, pianist, and backing vocalist for MLP-themed metal band Draconequus.  Check out our latest music video, a metal cover of "Tricks up my Sleeve" here.

Bassist, pianist, and vocalist for MLP-themed alt rock band Worst Princess.  Check our recent live performance of "Shine Like Rainbows" here.

Oh, that only works on your computer. It tries to take us to a place that doesn't exist in our computer. :3 If you want to upload it go to the Upload Files + More Reply Options button right beside the post button. From there on the bottom click Attach Files and click on the picture you want to upload. Then click add to post after it's done loading. I hope this was of help to you~ Cant wait to see your OC. :3

Thanks for all your help! But it says I "am not permitted to upload this kind of file", so I'm just gonna try photobucket or something. Thanks though. :)

Ok, I edited it and you can view it now.(i sure hope so!) Gosh, I'm horrible with computers! :wacko: Thank you all for your suggestions! Welp, hope you like my OC. She is oh-so mysterious........ :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Well, to be honest.... There's not much to her.

Okay, let's start with her look. No offense, but she looks more malnourished than Filly Fluttershy.

WkMEJ.gif

The legs look really odd compared to her body. Maybe slim her down a bit or decrease her height?

Also, like I said, there isn't much to her. just a black and white palette looks.... boring. I don't mean give her a thousand different colors and crazy accessories, but try to make her stand out, m'kay?

And try to maybe give her a little backstory. How did she gain the ability to time travel? How does she do it? What are her restrictions? Why does she do it? Does she take the future into consideration when changing the past or does she just screw around with time?

Be careful when doing so, however. If I may quote SomeCallMeJohnny...

"You're just asking for trouble when you base a story around time travel! It's very easy to f@$k up if you don't establish some rules!"

I hope you work on her a bit more. She could be an interesting OC. mlp-rwink.png

• Brohoof 1

"I keep the walking on the right side, but I won't judge the next who handles walking on the wrong. 'Cause that's how he wants to be. No difference, see."

(edited)

@~DauntlessSupernova~ she is supposed to be like that. She is supposed to look odd. xD It's part of that whole time travel thing. You we learn when you see the complete version of her backstory. It's complicated and sad, but I know exactly what I wanna do with her.

@Sensuna something like this: 

http://www.dreamstime.com/hypnotic-spiral-thumb19006112.jpg

Do what you want with it. 

Sorry for confusion, guise. ♥♥♥

Edited by BeatrixBow

@~DauntlessSupernova~ she is supposed to be like that. She is supposed to look odd. xD It's part of that whole time travel thing. You we learn when you see the complete version of her backstory. It's complicated and sad, but I know exactly what I wanna do with her.

@Sensuna something like this: 

http://www.dreamstime.com/hypnotic-spiral-thumb19006112.jpg

Do what you want with it. 

Sorry for confusion, guise. ♥♥♥

That's one tough cookie I mean if you want that much lines and to draw that gonna be a pain but I can try and will in the weekend so you will hear of me

Link to my DeviantART http://cresidia.deviantart.com/

That's one tough cookie I mean if you want that much lines and to draw that gonna be a pain but I can try and will in the weekend so you will hear of me

Ok, thank you. I want her to be mysterious.  :ph34r: But if it's too hard, feel free to tell me. Oh, and you don't have to draw that many lines. Just make it look.......'time travel-y'. :P Something similar to the picture will be fine, thanks. 

Hello there. I've been recently creating a new OC for myself and I need a cutie mark. I was thinking like a swirly vortex or something. Yeah, swirly vortex. You see, she is a time travel pony, and I must have cutie mark. Her story is very sad. Yeah, so someone please draw me a swirly vortex. xD Thanks!

Here is my OC. The fastest and easiest way to attach it was to put it in a document, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to 'make it available for use'. I just made this pony yesterday on The Pony Creator, so maybe that's why it won't work. *shrugs*  Thanks guys. 

Some of what Dauntless Supernova said is good advice, although I think he was slightly more critical than necessary (and as most of the forum members can tell you, I'm quite a critical, cynical bastard myself).  I think it looks fine...sure, a bit monochromatic, but not a huge deal.  Still, I'd want to know more about the character's past.

The very idea of an individual who can time travel is potentially cliche or over-powered.  But if you spice it up by (for instance) making it so that the character has limited or no control over the time traveling in question...you've got some interesting stories to explore.  If you plan to take a peek down this particular rabbit hole, I recommend reading some of the classics:

- H. P. Lovecraft's "The Silver Key" (1929), a haunting, mind-bending story of a man who repeats his life over and over, and only just begins to realize it

- Stephen King's "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (1998), an eerie vision of the hell that is unknowing repetition

- The Butterfly Effect (2004), an oft-lambasted, yet surprisingly poignant take on the futility of changing the past in the hope of improving the present

Regards,

PlunderSteed

Some of what Dauntless Supernova said is good advice, although I think he was slightly more critical than necessary (and as most of the forum members can tell you, I'm quite a critical, cynical bastard myself).  I think it looks fine...sure, a bit monochromatic, but not a huge deal.  Still, I'd want to know more about the character's past.

The very idea of an individual who can time travel is potentially cliche or over-powered.  But if you spice it up by (for instance) making it so that the character has limited or no control over the time traveling in question...you've got some interesting stories to explore.  If you plan to take a peek down this particular rabbit hole, I recommend reading some of the classics:

- H. P. Lovecraft's "The Silver Key" (1929), a haunting, mind-bending story of a man who repeats his life over and over, and only just begins to realize it

- Stephen King's "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (1998), an eerie vision of the hell that is unknowing repetition

- The Butterfly Effect (2004), an oft-lambasted, yet surprisingly poignant take on the futility of changing the past in the hope of improving the present

Yeah, that's what I was gonna do. She has no control over her time travel. Well, sorta. She WANTS to time travel. Oh, y'all just wait for the backstory, ya hear? It will explain everything. 

I doubt it's gonna end well though and just the cutie mark? or the whole pony? gotta think about the time travely thing tough xd

You choose. But it would be nice if you did the whole pony, but if you jsut make the cutie mark, I can upload it as a cutie mark on Pony creator. That would look pretty cool. Whichever is easiest for you. :)

You choose. But it would be nice if you did the whole pony, but if you jsut make the cutie mark, I can upload it as a cutie mark on Pony creator. That would look pretty cool. Whichever is easiest for you.

Well in case I gonna do the whole, will you please and I mean pleeeeaaaasee reupload this or send in a private conversation or anything but as a PNG file because it will be so much easier to work with since I can literaly can take the colors from the original one and I won't waste to much time on the coloring

If I would do the whole pony, which I probably will, hope you don't mind me posting it and adding my name in a very subtle way and also I tend to make things cute so

• Brohoof 1

Well in case I gonna do the whole, will you please and I mean pleeeeaaaasee reupload this or send in a private conversation or anything but as a PNG file because it will be so much easier to work with since I can literaly can take the colors from the original one and I won't waste to much time on the coloring

If I would do the whole pony, which I probably will, hope you don't mind me posting it and adding my name in a very subtle way and also I tend to make things cute so

Okay I will send it to you when I can..... Question, though. When do you think it will be done? Just a random question is all, thank you.  

Okay I will send it to you when I can..... Question, though. When do you think it will be done? Just a random question is all, thank you.  

probably this weekend but I can't say those things can go in a jiffy and they can go real slow like a turtle but probably it would be done in like 10 hours or so?

Ok, cool thank you. Sorry if I bothered you, or anything. Sometimes I just suck at technology and explaining things. Thanks for putting up with this. I look forward to seeing your work!

I just hope you don't expect to much of it since I'm not a great artist... but I'll try my best of course and really hope you will like it

I just hope you don't expect to much of it since I'm not a great artist... but I'll try my best of course and really hope you will like it

I'm sure you are a wonderful artist. Better than me at least. :D  I'm sure I will like it, thank you for trying this. I just really want my Oc to look perfect. ^^)