You think some MLP video games might be a reality

TheMarkz0ne

Do you think it' possible that in the future we can see some MLP FIS video games on the PS4, xbox 720, PC and Wii U? Would they be great games or most likely bad games. I review games that suck and if a developer made a bad MLP game with bad physics, controls and level design i would get angry and call them crack heads who thought their idea were great. The show is popular so how come no games have been made yet?

Most of the time, video games based off of TV shows or movies suck terrible flank.

If a Fan of the show with a decent mind-set made one, it might work out. But, MLP is copyrighted, so You probably won't be able to do that.

Edited by CobaltFlytrap

The extent of my interest is in things that don't exist.

Or, at least, things that aren't in the basic man's senses

Actually, there's a pony MMORPG in progress.

Please don't insult them like that. Appreciate what they make. Making a game isn't as easy as most people think. Even it needs a ridiculously complicated math to make a good physics. :lol:

Also, why is there no MLP game yet? Money, money, copyright. A development team has to ask a permission from Hasbro to launch their product. The problem is that some developers are trying to make an MLP which contains violence, etc. Like a fighting game or an MMORPG. It's not wrong. I mean, what else they can make? An online life pony simulator? Not so interesting.

They also need money. We can't run an MMORPG without paying for the servers. Alas, it needs more than five servers to run one, and some good crew want to be paid.

We need a lot of crew as well. We need somepony to manage the database (don't take this one as easy. Databases are very important in an MMO), the network (like what I said, it needs more than five servers), the modelers, concept artists, texture artists, the particle system, the programming (this is ridiculously hard), and some more artists like voice actors, story writers, musician, etc.

We're lucky that Bronies are kind and generous. Some of them join the team without any desire to be paid. ;)

One question if you really want a good MLP game. Do you want to donate for them?

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

gYnJwil.gif

Pinkeh asked me to put this here. Just another What Do You Think About Me stuff.

Well, i've been dreaming of a pony fortress 2 as long as i've been a brony. Yes, its weird, but it would be kinda fun!

The only problem is that copyrights and money stand in the way of any pony video games existing.

Quack. Totally a Ducklett.

Well a MLP game wouldn't be as bad as this piece of crap. i would only recommend watching 4:00 to 5:00 on the video since that's the funniest part in my opinion. I just pretend he's reviewing a bad MLP game.

They did make one official game for iOS. It was basically a generic Farmville ripoff with ponies (At least, I think that's how Farmville is... I never played it) so it didn't take much originality or complex coding.

If you're asking about fan-made stuff, it almost certainly won't get onto consoles due to console manufacturers demanding payment up front for games to be developed. On the PC, there are a few titles released, such as some simple flash games here, and several others in development as well as mods for existing games. The most notable example at the moment is Fighting is Magic, which is even gaining recognition in the realm of non-brony fighting game fans to the point that even the pre-release version is being considered for presentation alongside the Top 8 fighting games of all time at EVO (They had been in the running to actually BE one of the top 8 competing with classics including Super Smash Bros., but deferred that honor to the runner up if they should win). Recent videos of it seem very polished, which is good considering it has been in development for more than two years.

Really, the biggest obstacles are time (A lot of time from a lot of people, and most with the skills to help are already spending more than 8 hours a day doing essentially the same thing), money (though that's actually less of a problem with free game engines like Unity and other options available to groups with no budget and no planned income), and copyright since for some reason Hasbro seems to have been slightly less tolerant of derivative games than other art.

Edited by Kamil

This space intentionally left blank.