Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming WarCraft3 - The Frozen Throne

bladereaper07

Does anypony have experience in playing this? It's an old RTS that was extremely popular back in the days. Now it's just full of custom maps, nopony plays the Campaign mode anymore not that I'm complaining .. So anyway, just asking.

• Brohoof 1

I've played Warcraft and I thought it was pretty cool. I've never played the third one. But I wouldn't mind checking it out, sounds pretty cool. I know with most games, no one really wants to play Campaign, they all enjoy where it's at, Multiplayer.

I've played Warcraft and I thought it was pretty cool. I've never played the third one. But I wouldn't mind checking it out, sounds pretty cool. I know with most games, no one really wants to play Campaign, they all enjoy where it's at, Multiplayer.

Fair point, fair point. In a somewhat random note, if you ever decide to pirate buy the game, I've been working on a map and it's looking decent IMO. You might want to play it :P

Sounds good, I'll be happy to try it out. I see what you did there with Pirate and Buy. I bought the game, I'm not much of a person to pirate things, because I like to support the developers.

I've played the 3rd one, as I remember there were two parts, frozen throne and one other, but I can't currently remember what it was called :S (Reign of Chaos maybe?) Anyways I have played frozen throne and beat it before, though I can't remember what I did with the disk xD. Fun game though.

I've played the 3rd one, as I remember there were two parts, frozen throne and one other, but I can't currently remember what it was called :S (Reign of Chaos maybe?) Anyways I have played frozen throne and beat it before, though I can't remember what I did with the disk xD. Fun game though.

Eeyup, it was Reign of Chaos. Frozen Throne was the expansion. It featured new unit models/skills and improved customization capabilities. And, eeyup again, fun game XD

Oh man, I have fond memories of brow-beating my DotA playing friends into playing the actual RTS and demolishing their ill-defended outposts with orc raiders. I'd keep taunting them, "Where's your lane control now bitches?!"

*Edited for grammar mistakes. Beware the typo monster!

Edited by SagasaPony
  • Brohoof 1

I played Warcraft 3 when I was younger and I loved it. It's the best RTS I've ever played (Starcraft 2 is a tough competitor though) and I would recommend it to anyone. The story of Warcraft is even more intriguing and full of content than Tolkien's and the story is still going in World of Warcraft.

I have tried making some custom maps but never finished any of them because I didn't have the motivation :/