Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I would have posted this in the youtube thread, but I felt that this video (sort of) deserved a topic all on its own... Anyway, I have noticed on websites where bronies often appear, people against the fandom or the show seem to be posting the following url to the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_uR99FBPU&feature=channel_video_title

Now, I haven't watched this video in its entirety, but it's obvious that the people who hate bronies post this video of 'hardcore bronies' to depict us all negatively. What are you guys/girls opinions of this video and whatever is implied through its' conveyance? I wouldn't even ask you to read the comments below since you already know what to expect on youtube. But basically here's what I have personally gathered:

Some bronies hate on the guys in the vid for seeming to portray us as socially awkward and obtruding...

Some bronies praised them for being 'hardcore', but I'm interested in your thoughts if you've got 25+ minutes to spare or love skimming. ;)

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't really matter to me... It just shows their views on what it is to be a brony. Some people see this as awesome, some find it a bit too much. I just think it's a funny video. My view on being a brony is showing or even just acknowledging your love for the show. It doesn't matter at what level you portray your love for MLP:FiM, you could even keep it a secret your entire life, but if you watch the show and know that you like it, that's good enough for me. I'd consider you a brony.

Anybody else feel the same/differently?

• Brohoof 3

It doesn't really matter to me... It just shows their views on what it is to be a brony. Some people see this as awesome, some find it a bit too much. I just think it's a funny video. My view on being a brony is showing or even just acknowledging your love for the show. It doesn't matter at what level you portray your love for MLP:FiM, you could even keep it a secret your entire life, but if you watch the show and know that you like it, that's good enough for me. I'd consider you a brony.

YES. That's exactly how I feel too! :)
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, interesting you should post this, as just recently sethisto from Equestria Daily declined an interview from a TV production company's interview request from Chicago.

Which prompted this response regarding bronies and the media. I think is sums up the majority of the communities views on the public views and opinions on bronies.

• Brohoof 2

I am not very open about the show, so I dont think I could ever do something like this. And the way some of them dress is just.... I dont even.

lol

Hmm, interesting you should post this, as just recently sethisto from Equestria Daily declined an interview from a TV production company's interview request from Chicago.

Which prompted this response regarding bronies and the media. I think is sums up the majority of the communities views on the public views and opinions on bronies.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WPuYhdKa9A

Hmmm... I like this.

He is correct in his thinking, we need a 'regular' if it ever came to an interview with the company he aforementioned or any other looking for a so-called fetish to report on (ahh... the days when watching a CARTOON is somehow a crime. How wondrous)

When people hear or see 'grown-men' and 'My little Pony' it's easy to assume the worst about them in the public eye (need I mention the whole FOX propagande?). People are always looking for something funky or strange, so they intend to make us all out into that, even if it's DEFINITELY not true (we all know what the media does to slander musicians).

I would have posted this in the youtube thread, but I felt that this video (sort of) deserved a topic all on its own... Anyway, I have noticed on websites where bronies often appear, people against the fandom or the show seem to be posting the following url to the video below:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_uR99FBPU&feature=channel_video_title

Now, I haven't watched this video in its entirety, but it's obvious that the people who hate bronies post this video of 'hardcore bronies' to depict us all negatively. What are you guys/girls opinions of this video and whatever is implied through its' conveyance? I wouldn't even ask you to read the comments below since you already know what to expect on youtube. But basically here's what I have personally gathered:

Some bronies hate on the guys in the vid for seeming to portray us as socially awkward and obtruding...

Some bronies praised them for being 'hardcore', but I'm interested in your thoughts if you've got 25+ minutes to spare or love skimming. ;)

Lol, all I have to say is haters gonna hate.

If they want to try to sterotype us, fine.

We are going to enjoy our ponies andnot hating anyone in the meantime :D

• Brohoof 1

I've seen this video before and I'll be honest the way they're acting makes me uncomfortable. It has absolutely nothing to do with them liking ponies either, replace that with something "manly" and I'd feel the same way. I can see why some people like it, I personally can't get over how I'd feel if a bunch of guys were acting like fools where I was working and having me fill a request like this while videotaping me ....... and then putting it on Youtube. =

I don't think this one video makes all bronies look bad, but I do think it makes the people in the video look ridiculous. Unless a lot of people start doing stuff like this the video will just be the cause for a lot of second-hand embarrassment and nothing more.

Edited by Cake Pops
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I believe there are many ways to be a brony, bro-pony, or whatever term you choose to associate yourself with the fandom (I personally prefer FiM fan, but it's just not that often used around these parts). Some wear it on their sleeve, quite literally. And some have grown or remain recluse with their love. But ultimately it's just fans existing on different levels of the same spectrum. Leaving room for what some would call social extremes, and the others, mild. :) Edited by Akaraah

I believe there are many ways to be a brony, bro-pony, or whatever term you choose to associate yourself with the fandom (I personally prefer FiM fan, but it's just not that often used around these parts). Some wear it on their sleeve, quite literally. And some have grown or remain recluse with their love. But the ultimately it's just fans existing on different levels of the spectrum. :)

I am proud of my Brony-ness. I love how I can show everyone in my school that you can show things you like, and now ALOT of people at my school are saying they are bronies/furries/etc.
  • Brohoof 1

I am proud of my Brony-ness. I love how I can show everyone in my school that you can show things you like, and now ALOT of people at my school are saying they are bronies/furries/etc.

You must go to school with a lot of pleasant, not just open minded, but open hearted people. :)

You must go to school with a lot of pleasant, not just open minded, but open hearted people. :)

Lol not at all. There is a handfull of kids who try to literaly hurt me not just verbally, but physicly. But I am a tough guy, and I know how to defend myself, so I keep them off of me C: But it is only a handfull of kids. I actually draw Mlp all day during school and people get me to draw for them. It is good fun.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lol not at all. There is a handfull of kids who try to literaly hurt me not just verbally, but physicly. But I am a tough guy, and I know how to defend myself, so I keep them off of me C: But it is only a handfull of kids. I actually draw Mlp all day during school and people get me to draw for them. It is good fun.

Wow, lol, that almost completely contradicted what I said. ;)

Good thing you can manage yourself. I tried drawing Rainbow dash on my DSi without any reference. Didn't go too well.. Maybe I'll be able to make a more perfected version once I get a break from my assignments.

Edited by Akaraah

Wow, lol, that almost completely contradicted what I said. ;)

Good thing you can manage yourself. I tried drawing Rainbow dash on my DSi without any reference. Didn't go too well.. Paybe I'll be able to make a more perfected version once I get a break from my assignments.

I seriously cannot draw from memory. I never been able to. I have to look at a picture to do anything.

I don't like the video, the people seem kind of obnoxious to me, and that causes people to look down their noses further at us, which if we ever want to be taken seriously as a fandom and not simply the butt of the internet's jokes. I've seen personally how a number of obnoxious members of a faction can seriously tarnish the entire group's reputation permanently. (I'm looking at you, furries, no offense, you're just a good example) I think it's important to show the public that we are a classy group of people, save all the seedy, and weird, and socially awkward stuff that some people may be into for places out of the public eye

Edited by Petey
  • Brohoof 1

If I had been in that group, I'd much rather be enjoying myself and having fun without feeling the need to take a video recording of it all, and I don't see why it needs to be sent to YouTube for the rest of the world to see either. It's not anyone else's business aside from that of the people in the meet-up and the Pizza Hut workers.

As an outside viewer, however, I watched the first seven minutes and I really don't see how this is supposed to portray us negatively (nor do I get why most people in the video's comments are raging over it). Singing and carrying pony toys around isn't hurting anyone, and as long as they're not, so what? Everyone's having a good time; let them do their own thing if that's what they enjoy doing.

• Brohoof 1

If I had been in that group, I'd much rather be enjoying myself and having fun without feeling the need to take a video recording of it all, and I don't see why it needs to be sent to YouTube for the rest of the world to see either. It's not anyone else's business aside from that of the people in the meet-up and the Pizza Hut workers.

As an outside viewer, however, I watched the first seven minutes and I really don't see how this is supposed to portray us negatively (nor do I get why most people in the video's comments are raging over it). Singing and carrying pony toys around isn't hurting anyone, and as long as they're not, so what? Everyone's having a good time; let them do their own thing if that's what they enjoy doing.

Great point made. :)

I know what you mean. I got a sony bloggie for my online classes and my niece and other relatives have played around with it and made some pretty laughable (and strange) videos. I see no need to upload what footage they made, and am not going to. But as you said, it's just guys having fun, and onlookers are going to view them strangely especially if they're the type to act more subtle in public such as myself (though I'm not judging anyone even if I do smirk at the proposed ideas). Ragers' just want justification for their opinions of bronies, and to them, this is it.