Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament (FULL!)

Literally Snails

OOC: well, I feel stupidderpy_emoticon2.png

Midnight watched as her knife turned into a spear.  "Actually, the people here let me select a weapon.  I don't usually use weapons, but I have trained with them." She commented.  She looked at Radioactive's helmet.  Does that helmet control her power?  If it does, I need to find a way to get it off of her.

@, Standoff sidestepped and drew a wicked-looking shovel-like implement from his vest. He gave it an easy, almost casual flick and the digging head spun out, locking with the handle. "Yep, I saw it, you don't need to tell me what it is. You don't know it, but you're my favorite sort to fight. You're big and mean and nasty, and you're smart as shoe leather. I needed a break, anyway. Have at ya." Standoff stretched and shifted his grip on the shovel.

OOC: well, I feel stupidimg-1514817-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

Midnight watched as her knife turned into a spear.  "Actually, the people here let me select a weapon.  I don't usually use weapons, but I have trained with them." She commented.  She looked at Radioactive's helmet.  Does that helmet control her power?  If it does, I need to find a way to get it off of her.

"... You telegraph any harder, and I'll see right through you. As a unicorn myself, though, it does look rather nice. Not quite as good as the rest of the suit, but still functional, and self-sealing. You'd have to pull my head of to get it." Inside, she smiled to herself, as her horn glowed and went through the amplifier. The cement under Midnight's feet began to melt.

@,

Midnight felt something soft under her feet.  She gasped as she saw the cement melting under her feet.  She quickly backflipped onto the side of the ring.  "I really didn't want to use magic on you, but if you insist" She said to the unicorn.  She felt the cement harden.  At least it's only my hooves.  It'll come off.  Her horn glowed a neon aqua, same color as her mane and tail.  She made sure she thought of what she was going to do last minute, so Radio's telegraphic powers won't work fast enough.  She made a swiping movement with her head, making a wind blade going at the unicorn. 

@, Standoff sidestepped and drew a wicked-looking shovel-like implement from his vest. He gave it an easy, almost casual flick and the digging head spun out, locking with the handle. "Yep, I saw it, you don't need to tell me what it is. You don't know it, but you're my favorite sort to fight. You're big and mean and nasty, and you're smart as shoe leather. I needed a break, anyway. Have at ya." Standoff stretched and shifted his grip on the shovel.

Imajin stopped for a moment, then switched back to pure rage. He continued charging until he was within reach of Standoff. "YOU CANNOT FRIGHTEN ME!" Imajin screamed. He brought down the axe strait toward Standoff's spine. His leg was now fully extended. "TAKE THIS!"

@, Standoff rolled and dug the shovel into Imajin's leg before jumping away. Then he had an idea. Hey, remember that time in the sugar mill? Yes, why? Watch this. Backing up to the wall, Standoff started cleaning the shovel on his vest. "Man, this is fun. You do this often?"

(edited)

@

Rainbow caught the lighter deftly. "It... suits you? What's so interesting about me, anyway?"

She tucked the lighter behind her wing, not sure what to do with it. "Swordpoint and I... we have a long history. You remember a year ago when those creatures came and killed damn near everyone in Equestria? Yeah, that's when we met." Rainbow could feel the memories rushing back to her. "He was a real jerk back then... until he saw what all of us were willing to do for each other. Watching the members of our group die to save one another... It clicked something in that head of his. He changed, and you've seen how he is now."

She glanced at the arena in time to see Swordpoint exiting with Crimson on his back. "What does any of this matter to you? Yeah, Swordpoint and I are... together. Are you gonna try to use me as a hostage like that stupid bitch Omnia did? I promise you I could kick your ass."

@, @@TheBreech

Swordpoint moved forward down the hallway to the infirmary when he heard a voice in his head. Cosmo? Ah, that must be Cosmo Shadesteel... the assassin. I've seen him with Luna... Perhaps he will be reasonable. Can you hear me, Cosmo? I... am not skilled in the art of telepathy. If you can hear me, I would appreciate you keeping a close eye on Rainbow Dash. That Rail is not to be trusted. She can handle herself in combat, but if she is overwhelmed, she will stand no chance.

Edited by Justin_ZW

@, Standoff rolled and dug the shovel into Imajin's leg before jumping away. Then he had an idea. Hey, remember that time in the sugar mill? Yes, why? Watch this. Backing up to the wall, Standoff started cleaning the shovel on his vest. "Man, this is fun. You do this often?"

Imajin grabbed onto his now injured leg and ripped it clean off. Hot red blood gushed down his sides. "Oh yeah! That's it! Oh, it hurts so good!"

@

Rainbow caught the lighter deftly. "It... suits you? What's so interesting about me, anyway?"

She tucked the lighter behind her wing, not sure what to do with it. "Swordpoint and I... we have a long history. You remember a year ago when those creatures came and killed damn near everyone in Equestria? Yeah, that's when we met." Rainbow could feel the memories rushing back to her. "He was a real jerk back then... until he saw what all of us were willing to do for each other. Watching the members of our group die to save one another... It clicked something in that head of his. He changed, and you've seen how he is now."

She glanced at the arena in time to see Swordpoint exiting with Crimson on his back. "What does any of this matter to you? Yeah, Swordpoint and I are... together. Are you gonna try to use me as a hostage like that stupid bitch Omnia did? I promise you I could kick your ass."

@, @@TheBreech

Swordpoint moved forward down the hallway to the infirmary when he heard a voice in his head. Cosmo? Ah, that must be Cosmo Shadesteel... the assassin. I've seen him with Luna... Perhaps he will be reasonable. Can you hear me, Cosmo? I... am not skilled in the art of telepathy. If you can hear me, I would appreciate you keeping a close eye on Rainbow Dash. That Rail is not to be trusted. She can handle herself in combat, but if she is overwhelmed, she will stand no chance.

"Of course not. I do not intend to harm you." Rail said. "In fact, my intentions are quite the opposite. Swordpoint is an honored guest, and I his host. I wish for him and all his companions to be spared from the inconveniences this atmosphere provides." (The Rainbow Dash I know might have a problem understanding that last sentence.)

@

Rainbow cocked an eyebrow. "... what? Speak in English, man!" A strange feeling suddenly overtook her, and she felt as if somepony was watching her. She turned around to face the other side of the stands, and among the spectators exiting, she saw a dark blue unicorn staring at her.

"Uhhh... would you know who that is?" she asked Rail, pointing to Cosmo.

@

Rainbow cocked an eyebrow. "... what? Speak in English, man!" A strange feeling suddenly overtook her, and she felt as if somepony was watching her. She turned around to face the other side of the stands, and among the spectators exiting, she saw a dark blue unicorn staring at her.

"It means I'm here to help you." Rail said as plainly as possible in his calm, stoic voice. "Consider yourself a guest in my home."

He looked up at Cosmo. "If I'm not mistaken..." He explained. "I believe that is the Stallion that swordpoint will fight in the Semi final round."

@, Standoff made a small noise, and then nodded. "I see. You're one of those sorts. Well, I doubt you'll live long like that, so I think I'll hurry the process. Hold still." Flipping the shovel so that it was pointing down in his hoof, Standoff walked up to the madpony and swung.

@

Rainbow eyed Rail cautiously. "I'm gonna tell ya now. I don't trust you. I don't even know who you are." She turned around to see that Cosmo was gone. "So he's already in the semi-finals?" She sighed. "I don't like any of this... but if he's been cursed, then there's really no hope of us living our normal lives again... unless he wins."

Turning back to Rail, she smirked. "Well I guess I should thank you... but I could've taken those losers down no problem."

@

(OOC: Yay! I'm on my computer so I can use italics! Italics make it so much easier to distinguish thought Cosmo's thoughts from what he says.)

Cosmo's eyes widened with surprise, "With all the ponies looking at her and Rail, the apparent boss of this whole thing, she picked me out in this crowd! Nice..." Before Rainbow Dash turned away, Rail glanced over too, probably explaining who he was, but the moment they were both looking away, he used an invisibility spell, not even a second before Rainbow Dash glanced over again.

Cosmo heard a faint voice talking to him and managed to hear Swordpoint's message, "Don't worry," Cosmo responded, "I'll watch her. Like I said, I appreciate you not killing Crimson, however, Rail is calling you his guest... You're right not to trust him, but I don't hink he'll try to hurt your marefriend just yet..." Cosmo wasn't sure if Rail was completely lying, "If Swordpoint is an enemy to him, Rainbow could be in danger, but if he wants Swordpoint to win... Either way, it's worth watching him."

(You're thinking of telepathy, something she doesn't possess. Telegraphing is when a fighting person 'tells' their opponent what they're going to do next through body movement.)

All living things have a few basic ingredients. Ironically most of them are explosive. Therefore, if I were to move just a few particles, I could make her into a self-igniting bomb. That's not something I want to pursue, though. It requires a lot of energy, a lot of energy I don't want to waste... While thinking, she hardened the air in front of her to deflect the wind missile. Cement is made with a nondescript mixture of rock and paste. The paste should be hazardous as a gas, and without it the rocks will go loose for less solid footing. We'll start with that. Her horn flashed as she excited the paste particles to subliminate under Midnight.

@

Rainbow eyed Rail cautiously. "I'm gonna tell ya now. I don't trust you. I don't even know who you are." She turned around to see that Cosmo was gone. "So he's already in the semi-finals?" She sighed. "I don't like any of this... but if he's been cursed, then there's really no hope of us living our normal lives again... unless he wins."

Turning back to Rail, she smirked. "Well I guess I should thank you... but I could've taken those losers down no problem."

"Do not be so sure." Rail said. He extinguished his cigarette and could no longer light a new one. "Every single Equestrian in this stadium is perfectly willing to kill. Many of them already have."

@, Standoff made a small noise, and then nodded. "I see. You're one of those sorts. Well, I doubt you'll live long like that, so I think I'll hurry the process. Hold still." Flipping the shovel so that it was pointing down in his hoof, Standoff walked up to the madpony and swung.

Imajin jumped to the side, landing on his only three remaining hoofs and stumbling to regain his balance. Bones grew back out of his stump and were surrounded again by flesh, regenerating his leg and making a new axe. "Axe Blade Hoof! I can do this all day!"

@

Rainbow smirked. "You think I haven't seen any action? How do you think I got here in the first place? I didn't wish my way out of that cage Omnia put me in. I took a few of them out." She raised her forehooves and waved them back and forth. "But it's not like I had a choice! It was them or me, and I'm not about to go down."

@@TheBreech

Swordpoint heard Cosmo's message clearly. "I suppose I shall leave it in his hooves. If my trust in him is misguided... he will suffer." He attempted one final message to Cosmo. I do not trust Rail, and his interest in me is troubling. And as for Crimson... I will not kill those who do not deserve it. Crimson held to his word and fought honorably. If you intend to do the same, you need fear nothing from me. We shall speak more later. He entered the infirmary and laid Crimson on a cot. The nurse pretended not to notice him, although she was definitely shaking. He smirked. "Treat him. I require nothing."

(edited)

@@TheBreech

Swordpoint heard Cosmo's message clearly. "I suppose I shall leave it in his hooves. If my trust in him is misguided... he will suffer." He attempted one final message to Cosmo. I do not trust Rail, and his interest in me is troubling. And as for Crimson... I will not kill those who do not deserve it. Crimson held to his word and fought honorably. If you intend to do the same, you need fear nothing from me. We shall speak more later. He entered the infirmary and laid Crimson on a cot. The nurse pretended not to notice him, although she was definitely shaking. He smirked. "Treat him. I require nothing."

Cosmo smirked at the comment about Rail, "I think we already established that he's playing you for something," but also pondered Swordpoint's words about their fight. "Is my fighting style honorable..? I would like to think so. I'm not above cheap tricks to kill my opponents but I reserve death for criminals and savages. An opponent like Swordpoint might get annoyed by my abilities for dodging hits but I'm still right in front of him, slowing down isn't honorable, it's going easy on him." Cosmo confessed he was most likely being at least a little biased, but overall, he felt pretty good about himself. "...to think. I was once called the Blood Winds' Reaper..." Remembering his old clan, Cosmo thought about their signature attacks and favorite spells, powers best left forgotten. "Now those were dishonorable fighters..." Edited by TheBreech

((Oh ok.  Sorry I've been taking so long, a car went up in flames by my house.  So scary))

Midnight felt the cement beginning to melt again.  Her horn glowed again and turned into a hose.  She washed her hooves and walked away from the cement.  "Are you seriously going to fight, or just use magic the whole time" She questioned the unicorn.

@"Bloody hell. You probably could, too, but I don't think I want to open that can of worms. Actually..." Red, I know you've been bored out of my skull lately. You want a go at this guy? You're my favourite.

Suddenly, Standoff folded the shovel with some difficulty, and stuck it back in the bag, switching it for a trench knife"Right, I've been bored lately. Amuse me."

@"Bloody hell. You probably could, too, but I don't think I want to open that can of worms. Actually..." Red, I know you've been bored out of my skull lately. You want a go at this guy? You're my favourite.

Suddenly, Standoff folded the shovel with some difficulty, and stuck it back in the bag, switching it for a trench knife"Right, I've been bored lately. Amuse me."

After another long grunt, Imajin transformed his second front leg into a fleshy axe as well. He balanced his body awkwardly on the two blades, then jumped forward and swung down at red with both axes.

@

Rainbow smirked. "You think I haven't seen any action? How do you think I got here in the first place? I didn't wish my way out of that cage Omnia put me in. I took a few of them out." She raised her forehooves and waved them back and forth. "But it's not like I had a choice! It was them or me, and I'm not about to go down."

@@TheBreech

Rail smiled gently. "Then I leave you in capable hooves." He said. He stood up and started to walk away. "You can keep the lighter. Perhaps even give it to your friend. If you ever need my help, I have a habit of always being in convenient places." He disappeared into the crowd.

Rail smiled gently. "Then I leave you in capable hooves." He said. He stood up and started to walk away. "You can keep the lighter. Perhaps even give it to your friend. If you ever need my help, I have a habit of always being in convenient places." He disappeared into the crowd.

Cosmo watched Rail leave and went to introduce himself to Rainbow Dash. "Hello there. Sorry for watching you like that, I respect Swordpoint so I figured I'd make sure his mare friend didn't get in trouble. Whether from those thugs or from corrupt tournament officials. I just don't trust Rail or any of the tournament committee for that matter." Cosmo drifted in thought but quickly returned to focus and continued, "Oh, and for the record, I won't lose to Swordpoint, but I'll make sure he walks out of this tournament..." Cosmo turned and headed for his room, planning to get as much rest as he could before his match with Swordpoint. "This will be interesting. That's for sure..."

(edited)

@@TheBreech

Rainbow smiled at Cosmo. "Heh. I guess my fame gets around. And this whole thing stinks. That guy was super shady, and I bet everypony else involved in the tournament committee is just as creepy."

She began to smirk. "Oh, and no offense, but Swordpoint will take you down. He's pretty good at getting out of sticky situations."

As Cosmo turned to leave, she called to him. "Hey! So what's your stake in this thing, anyway? What are you fighting for?"

Swordpoint walked down the cemented hallway leading into the stadium. He could sense that Rainbow was still there. This will be a difficult conversation... He entered the stadium and saw Rainbow talking to Cosmo. His eyes narrowed, and he approached slowly.

Edited by Justin_ZW

(edited)

((Oh ok. Sorry I've been taking so long, a car went up in flames by my house. So scary))

Midnight felt the cement beginning to melt again. Her horn glowed again and turned into a hose. She washed her hooves and walked away from the cement. "Are you seriously going to fight, or just use magic the whole time" She questioned the unicorn.

(I feel like you don't know what I was doing. I made a poisonous gas out of the paste in the concrete.)

"Magic is fighting," Radio replies. She floats a crystalline sphere out of some concrete. Quartz. Better than nothing. She shaped it into a rod and twirled it, until it broke into two pieces. She then formed them into bracers for her front hooves.

(Also, next three days are my last of school. Next three days = finals)

Edited by Dawnpath

@@TheBreech

Rainbow smiled at Cosmo. "Heh. I guess my fame gets around. And this whole thing stinks. That guy was super shady, and I bet everypony else involved in the tournament committee is just as creepy."

She began to smirk. "Oh, and no offense, but Swordpoint will take you down. He's pretty good at getting out of sticky situations."

As Cosmo turned to leave, she called to him. "Hey! So what's your stake in this thing, anyway? What are you fighting for?"

Swordpoint walked down the cemented hallway leading into the stadium. He could sense that Rainbow was still there. This will be a difficult conversation... He entered the stadium and saw Rainbow talking to Cosmo. His eyes narrowed, and he approached slowly.

Cosmo chuckled, "If you interrupt a potential death match to be reunited with some pony as affectionately as that, it's pretty clear you're an item. You clearly missed my first match. My opponent had metal claws at my throat and I managed to force her to surrender. In all honesty, I met my fan base a little while ago, and I'll advise them not to bet on this match, it'll be too close." As he walked off and heard her question, Cosmo replied, "I came here to evolve." Anticipating confusion he elaborated, "Placing myself in a tournament where I'm dancing with death, able to die at any moment, I have to become stronger to survive. I can't just suddenly become stronger physically in a few moments, so I have to use things like magic. An enchantment I made up in my first match, I'll be using that forever! However, that's why I entered. Now I'm going to make it to the finals to stop Standoff... I don't know what he's planning, but I think I trust Rail more than him... If I win and get that wish... I'll probably just either resurrect the contestants that have died or I'll see what the others are wishing for." Cosmo thought for a moment then asked, "What's Swordpoint wishing for?"

(edited)

(I feel like you don't know what I was doing. I made a poisonous gas out of the paste in the concrete.) "Magic is fighting," Radio replies. She floats a crystalline sphere out of some concrete. Quartz. Better than nothing. She shaped it into a rod and twirled it, until it broke into two pieces. She then formed them into bracers for her front hooves.

((I understood what you meant.  Anyway, I'm going to drop out.  I honestly don't have time and if this keeps going, this fight is going to take forever and I won't be on for about two weeks  after the 21st. Since we both can only get about a post on a day, I can't do it.  I hope you understand))

Midnight felt funny.  She smelled something like chemicals.  "Really?  You call this fighting?  All you're doing is-" Midnight Glow collasped.  She started shaking violently and her neon aqua eyes no longer had a sparkle to them.  All she saw before she lost consciousness is her parents looking at her from the crowd.

Edited by Applejack25