Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Trip to the Human World (Closed!)

Hypn0ticD

@00Pony

@Pripyat Pony

@Hypn0ticD

Twilight walked down towards the car, turning back at the house and giving a dour look. She certainly hoped she would make it out alive to see Equestria again. Nevertheless, it was her duty to return them back home. They entered the car, and Twilight put her head down as it lurched forward.

"Applejack," she said, "I... I hope we're making the right choice by leaving them behind..."

AJ put her hand over the mic, looked to Twilight, and smiled. "Ah'm sure we made the right choice. With Celestia as our witness, there's no way we can fail."

Only one more ring issued before the clear sound of Logan's answering the phone was audible. One second later, the officer's voice came over the line, "Hey, what can I help you with?"

"Hey. Just wanted to let ya know that a few of us are on our way to save the changeling queen. We decided to keep the group small so that we ain't found out. Buuuut, Ah think we could do with one more person, if you wanted to come." She smiled into the phone and looked around the car

@@Dawn Stripes, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @, @@Fireblaze, @,

((Moving things along a bit!))

Colette nodded slightly to Charles and company a bit before turning and leading Fluttershy to the helipad.

One short flight later, Colette stepped out, sheilding her eyes as she took Fluttershy by the hand and led her away from the still spinning blades of the chopper. She looked around for Jack and or Catherine, sending Cat a quick text after failing to find them.

>>We've arrived at the track. Where are you guys??<<

((Gonna wait for @00Pony before I post as the twins again!))

@00Pony

AJ had been sitting quietly in the back of the car. She then thought that it would be a good idea to call Logan to let him know what was going on. She picked up Angie's phone and started going through her contacts until she got to Logan and then dialled his number *ring... ring...*

Catherine had been sitting in a chair, thinking about a certain someone almost the entire time they were there. She was sadly interrupted and looked up from her reclined position in the seat. "Il vous a fallu assez longtemps pour remarquer... It's alright. This racing matters to you. If you feel like it has changed you too much, then just change again. Be who you want to be."

Twilight Sparkle still felt uneasiness despite Applejack's response. Her mind repeatedly wandered back to her friends. What if something were to happen to them? Surely they would be separated for even longer should that happen.

"We'll... we'll still be in contact with them, right?" Twilight nervously asked, "I mean... would those cellphones give up our locations or something?"

Taking a bottle of Vitamin Water from the minifridge, Jack propped down on the sofa next to Catherine. Opening the bottle containing the translucent, orange liquid, he took a small sip, only for him to close it back up and place it back in the fridge.

"Yeah... you're right..." Jack responded, "I just hope that they'll understand..."

He slid in closer to Catherine, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend and nuzzling her face.

"You understand, right?" Jack asked, kissing her cheek. "Do you think they will?"

@@Hypn0ticD, @@Fireblaze, @, @, @@Meteorite, @@Pripyat Pony, @@00Pony, Dennis shook himself a bit to dodge the shivers of the stare Fluttershy did and followed Dash upon the Helicopter.

"Hang on a bit it's gonna be noisy a bit... Don't switch off the phone."

He said entering the helicopter. It was his first helicopter ride ever and he was a bit excited however the phone was hampering him from truly savoring this moment... he was a bit worried and with good reason. He didn't let Dash see but he was checking everyone that looked at them and was generally around them viewing everyone as potential suspect. As soon as they exited and arrived in the track he aproached Colette. It didn't matter if Fluttershy was with her or if she had other matters to attend to... this was a subject that was not to be missed.

"Colette? Can i speak to you a bit? I got David on the phone and i want to give him the numbers of those going to save the Queen. You know Shawn, Stephen, Angie right? They are not here so i assume they went to get them... "

@Hypn0ticD, @Dawn Stripes, @nioniosbbbb, @Pripyat Pony, @Ragin’ Red Talon, @~Shadow Wolf~

Chalres, Nick ride in the chopper with Rarity, Pinky while they arrive to the track as they got off then he went to Colette while seeing Futtershy wasn’t happy and then looking at Colette. “Un what wrong with Futtershy?”

Nick looking around too while seeing the track as he was thinking, then looking at Pinky again while looking back to the track and thinking some more too.

(edited)

@, @@Dawn Stripes, @, @, @@Fireblaze,

((Fluttershy didn't use the Stare. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna wait for @Meteorite, so…))

"Who's David?" Colette asked, but shook her head. "Never mind." She then texted the numbers requested, then went back to looking for Jack. "It's nothing you should worry about." Colette answered Charles whilst bringing out her phone and texting Cat.

>>Meet us in the stands! We'll be front and center!<<

She then took Fluttershy by the hand and signaled for the rest of the group to follow. "I just texted Cat and told her to meet us in the stands, so let's head on over there!"

Edited by Hypn0ticD

Taking a bottle of Vitamin Water from the minifridge, Jack propped down on the sofa next to Catherine. Opening the bottle containing the translucent, orange liquid, he took a small sip, only for him to close it back up and place it back in the fridge.

"Yeah... you're right..." Jack responded, "I just hope that they'll understand..."

He slid in closer to Catherine, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend and nuzzling her face.

"You understand, right?" Jack asked, kissing her cheek. "Do you think they will?"

"Who's David?" Colette asked, but shook her head. "Never mind." She then texted the numbers requested, then went back to looking for Jack. "It's nothing you should worry about." Colette answered Charles whilst bringing out her phone and texting Cat.

>>Meet us in the stands! We'll be front and center!<<

She then took Fluttershy by the hand and signaled for the rest of the group to follow. "I just texted Cat and told her to meet us in the stands, so let's head on over there!"

"I'm sure they will understand." Just then, her phone vibrated. She took it out of her pocket and noticed that Colette texted her.

>>I'll be there in just a minute!<<

She put her phone back in her pocket and turned to Jack. "That was Colette. They're all waiting for me in the stands." She stood up, then leaned down to hug him. "I hope you have a good race, mi amour." She then promptly turned around and left, closing the door lightly behind her.

After just a little walking, Cat made it to the stands and went to the front to find them

(edited)

@@Pripyat Pony, @, @@Dawn Stripes, @, @@Fireblaze, @,

Colette wrapped an arm around Fluttershy as she led the party to the stands, dodging this and that person as she did so. "God damn, I knew it was gonna be crowded, but this is ridiculous!" She muttered.

After what seemed like an eternity and a half, Colette led he group to the two front rows of seats, sitting down and motioning for Fluttershy to sit next to her, wrapping an arm around her once more as she did so.

Colette then looked around for Catherine, waving and whistling once she spotted her. "Hey! Cat! Over here!"

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@

@@Fireblaze

@@Pripyat Pony

@@MelancholicMemory

@@00Pony

@@Hypn0ticD

@

@@Dawn Stripes

@

Jack stood up and quickly hurried out the door, grabbing his helmet off the table, and rushing out on Catherine's heels. A familiar voice called out to Catherine, and Jack attributed the voice to Colette Irving.

"Colette!" Jack shouted out to her, "Everpony! Glad you all... could make it out... What happened to Applejack and Twilight? Are they okay?"

Edited by Ragin' Red Talon

(Oh geez. There is much to be done..)

@,

Orchestrator crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow at the Queen as as spoke. He didn't respond to her initially, allowing her to speak until it seemed she was finished. When he finally spoke, he started with a chuckle, "You've got pretty good intuition, I'll give you that. But your guess isn't quite right. I know you're a danger, and I know what you are capable of. That's what the American government's lapdog agencies want to grab you for, alongside experimentation. However, that is not why I had my people nab you. I have something a little more personal in mind."

He lifts on arm and rolls back the sleeve, before holding it up to the window, "Can you read that? 'Make us whole again', it says. That's why I wanted you here. And your little friends, that you've no doubt contacted by now," he smiles, "I know a fair deal about you and your kind. And not from some silly little kid's show."

He lowers his head and arm, sighing slightly before looking back up at her, "You know, we're not all that different, you and me. Not when you get down to it. We've both killed plenty to achieve our goals. We're both deserving of hell. We've even had pretty similar reasons for doing it. Care to take a guess?"

He paused or a few seconds more, considering her latest offer more thoroughly before laughing, "Oh my, aren't you an arrogant one? I knew there was something about you, despite being what you are, that I didn't like. Now, you might call me a hypocrite for saying that. Call me arrogant as well, but frankly I don't care. Arrogant people tend not to like other arrogant people. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't like them."

He shrugs, "But I digress. I imagined you'd want to try and escape yourself... Notice I left you unbound? I'm not so much an idiot that I would leave the Changeling Queen without bonds. I doubt such an inferior cell could hold the night Queen Chrysalis!" His tone became mocking, "Go ahead. We're all here waiting to stop you once you hit sunlight. And if you make it out far enough... well, I hope you know how to swim. It's quite a long way," he laughs, "Though I doubt you did swim much back home, being full of holes and all. Your kind were cursed, yeah? That's why you look like Swiss cheese in the shape of a bug?" He gives her a cheeky smile before stretching and knocking on the glass a couple times with his fist, before asking, "Have you guessed it yet?"

---

@,

"Unfortunately, no. It was pretty average sized, to be completely honest." Angie said offhandedly, making sure we weapon was in fact clear, and there was no chance it would accidentally discharge.

She became slightly engrossed, toning out most of the conversation until she spied Shawn's hand reaching for the firearm. She swatted it, stating, "You're going to want your full attention for my explanation. Let's wait till you're off the phone."

---

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diliges nodded to Clare, reaching for the ringing device and answering the call, "Good morning. This obviously isn't Clare speaking, but perhaps I could help you? What is it you were wanting to talk about?"

---

@,

There were a few seconds of silence from Logan's end, and then an audible sigh, "Queen's been grabbed, huh? That's unfortunate..." The faint sound of clicking keys was audible over the mic, and eventually Logan's voice came through, "Okay... Give me a couple minutes, and I'll be right behind you guys. Pass the message on, and keep safe, alright? Love you, AJ."

Upon which time as he would receive a response from the Equestrian, Logan hung up his phone and applied his full focus to the computer before him. It was a simple program that Scott had installed for him on the last visit. While he was conversing with Applejack, he ran the program to get a lock on the signal from Angelica's phone. It found it, notifying that they were on the move, so he'd have to be quick.

Logan took a second to transfer the signal to his own phone, then shut the computer and stood, snapping his fingers to get Ulysses' attention. As soon as the canine saw his master leaving the room, he leapt off the couch and followed him. With an air of determination, Logan entered the foyer of the Connery household. Bowen, who was just waking in the door, slowed to a halt, raising his eyebrow at his cousin's defined movements of checking his pistol and ammunition reserves, "What's going on?" He asked.

Logan glanced at him, and simply stated, "Queen Chrysalis' has been snatched. Don't know by who, but I do know that she is kind of integral. AJ, Angie and I'm sure some others are on their way to get her back. I've been invited to tag along."

Bowen took but a second to register this before he commented, "With only two pistols between the group, those being yours and Angie's? If these people could grab the Queen, you're going to need more than that," he started quickly for the stairs, calling back, "Hold on a second!"

The officer nodded, but he was in a bit of a rush. He finished his inventory a minute before he heard Bowen coming back down the stairs. Turning to look at him, he saw the teen carrying two rifles, one the classic AR-15, customized with a red dot acog and laser sight, and the other a Savage Arms bolt action deer rifle. Across his back was a bag of what Logan assumed was ammunition. Bowen motioned with his head for Logan to follow as he exited the home. The officer and his dog did so.

Outside, Bowen was waiting for Logan to pop the trunk to his Charger. He did so, and Bowen subsequently placed both rifles, and the bag of extra munitions in the back before shutting it. Logan had made it into the vehicle by then an was already starting it. Upon hearing the trunk shut, he called to Bowen, "Where've you been keeping those?!"

"Gun safe in the closet!" Was the response, "It's America, Logan! That's what defines us!"

The officer laughed as he opened the door for his dog, shutting it behind the canine after Ulysses clambered in. Logan walked over to Bowen, raising an eyebrow, "You tagging along?"

The teen chuckled, but shook his head, "No. The rifles are for you and Angie. I'd just get in the way, and besides, you don't want the group to be to big."

Logan nodded once, before holding out his hand, "Thanks, Bowen. I appreciate the help."

The teen clasped the officer's hand and gave it one firm shake, "Anytime. You be sure to keep them safe now, alright?" And he released Logan's band.

"Wouldn't dream of doing it any other way!" Logan responded as he climbed into his car once more, and started on his way. He had always possessed a eidetic memory for direction, so he needed only glance at his phone to get an idea of where Angie's Ping had gone, and to change course accordingly. He was only about 20 minutes behind them, but if he pushed it just a bit, and avoided traffic, he should have no problem catching up sooner.

(edited)

@@00Pony, @, @, @@Dawn Stripes, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Fireblaze, @,

Shawn waited for Claire to pick up on the other end, being mildly surprised when Diliges answered. "'S me, Shawn," he began, "were AJ or the Princess able to get in contact with Logan? We could really use 'im on this mission…"

He felt his hand being swatted away as he said this. He turned to the source, and heard her say to wait until he was off the phone. He smirked a little and mouthed the words 'one more moment' before returning his full attention back to Diliges. "We could also use Ulysses, too!"

"Were you able to get in contact with your queen?" Stephen asked after glancing toward Cicada, noticing that she looked a little more than spaced out. "'With luck, we're gonna get a little extra help…" he added with a smile. He couldn't help but overhear his brother on the phone as he drove, falling silent so as to listen for the answer...

----

((You're missing a few people there, Red...))

"That's the thing, Jack... We just got word that Queen Chrysalis has been abducted, and Twilight and AJ gone off with the Changelings to go find her..." She then paused to glance over to Dash, then the other ponies before continuing. "The twins, Angie and Claire went with them. To be honest, we'd go too, but Cicada said the group would be too big…"

Colette then realized she was being a bit of a buzzkill, and smiled a little at Jack. "Nothing we can really do about it now. You go on and have a good race!"

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@@Hypn0ticD, "Yes, I did," Cicada replied. "The humans holding her underestimate both the Queen and myself. They're in for a nasty surprise."

~~~

Pinkie could hardly keep still as she followed Colette to the reserved seats. She bounced along next to Nick, trying to see above the heads of the crowds. When the seats were reached, she sat down, bubbling with enthusiasm.

@@00Pony,

"No..." she asnwered in a bold and cold manner. There were so many things this was actually targetted to... his claims of her arrogance, his claims of being the same, him being...

"So i am a prisoner of a pony? How ironic..." Ironic indeed... a spy captured by a spy. A renegade amongst renegades... there was however one thing that she was superior to this scum of pony society.

"Did you know? In a fight... the one with the deepest emotions always wins. I carry with me the wishes of my changeling friends, i carry with me the future of a race, their pain-anger-fury-hope... I carry also the feelings of the ponies brought with me to return home, and the humans that have met us all. You have forced two mortal enemies to ally with each other... you have made me desperate... very desperate... you might not be glad you did."

She paused for a moment just circling around venting her hidden frustration often looking at the camera with her clenched fists ready. As abruptly as before she turned once again her attention to Orchestrator...

"You can call me anything you like... but we're not the same. My "arrogance" is simply determination... determination to achieve what is commanded of me. If i need to swim across sea i will swim across sea, if i need to walk through fire i will walk through fire, if i need to sell my soul and cast forbidden magic i WILL."

However she soon realised she was no longer angry... she was more... dissapointed than anything.

"Honestly if you are looking for a d***-fighting competition with a woman you must have started with the world's cruelest handicap ever. Which i'm sure benefits the power hungry desires you have about returning home probably... Which you were led to how exactly? Oh! Probably by the same stupid spell that led us both here on Earth... and that's pretty much the only thing we have in common. You could have just asked... but i guess your stupidity proceeds you. Whatever..."

@@00Pony, @@Pripyat Pony

Queen Chrysalis used this chance to transfer a message to Cicada and Diliges. "I have news... A)My dear captor is not part of any law-enforcement group... which likely suggest that he is either some sort of mercenary, or criminal organisation... B)He is expecting you all... try to avoid being spotted as much as possible, prepare yourselves as much as you can... i think violence is guaranteed to take place, and C)Interogate the Princess and all the ponies... my captor is also a pony and here on Earth he goes by the codename Orchestrator." Their link continued to be filled with angry mumbles of anger, frustration, and hate... "I swear to the maker if those ponies have taken advantage of my mercy only to respond with trickery there's not gonna be a hole in the world where they can hide. I want... to burn... everything..."

@@Dawn Stripes

@

@@Hypn0ticD

@@Fireblaze

@@Pripyat Pony

@@Meteorite

((OOC:To Meteorite... i think it's better if you fill in the end of the phone and i edit this post to end the call. Also... wake up the agent girl and interrogate if you ask me...))

In the meantime the group moved near the stands. Dennis was a bit surprised that there were so many people and made sure to keep up with Rainbow Dash's location. He was also unable to understand how Colette didn't know who David was...

"Wait a minute Colette... Dash called David with my number... and from what i understood Dash redirected the call or sent the number to you... you must have talked with him... unless... you spoke with the Queen herself. Wow... impressive... well that was David's number too anyways just wanted to remind you that's all..."

Edited by nioniosbbbb

@@Hypn0ticD

Fluttershy agreed with Colette's judgment on the ridiculous. If the Best Young Flyers competition had been this crowded, spectators would have been falling through the cloudcrete left and right. She hugged closer to Colette, with both arms around her middle, as being crushed against another girl was a large step up from bumping into a hundred random strangers.

And...she had to just ride this day out. To wait until Twilight and Applejack came back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dash wanted to pay attention to the race. She even made a conscious effort to feel the revving engines in her bones like last time. But it all felt wrong without everyone here. Without the rest of her friends. Without the rest of her herd...she was just a lonely pony in a strange world Oh dammnit Dash quit being maudlin! It's just for a little bit!

@@Hypn0ticD, "Yes, I did," Cicada replied. "The humans holding her underestimate both the Queen and myself. They're in for a nasty surprise."

~~~

Pinkie could hardly keep still as she followed Colette to the reserved seats. She bounced along next to Nick, trying to see above the heads of the crowds. When the seats were reached, she sat down, bubbling with enthusiasm.

@Hypn0ticD, @Pripyat Pony, @Ragin’ Red Talon, @~Shadow Wolf~, Dawn Stripes, @nioniosbbbb, @00Pony

“I See that you are super happy for the race Pinky? As he sit next to her while watching the race as he was looking around and then using his spyglasses to see the race.

Charles sit next to Rarity, as he was thinking about something while he was looking at the race and then looking around for something while seeing the news people was there too. This was Jack race and he was going to see this too. After this over maybe he can get a job as a wrestler or a basketball player.

@, @@Dawn Stripes,

((I still don't remember! I'll have to look when I get home tonight!))

"David, David… still doesn't ring a bell, but I'll take your word for it!" Colette then looked through her contacts, but found no number that corresponded with a David. "Can ya text me the number?"

Colette then stroked Fluttershy's arm with her free hand, giving her a light squeeze. "How you holding up, Flutters?"

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Vengeance or not, we're still two days out, Cicada…" Stephen said. "Whoever has her could easily relocate her, or…" Stephen stopped himself on order to keep the Changeling's spirits up. "Let's just focus on getting down to Florida for now…"

@@Hypn0ticD,

"It's not over yet, is it?"

Fluttershy would have covered her ears for the noise when the cars came very close, but that would have meant letting go of Colette, and possibly getting lost. So she let it all buffet he and stayed close. The girl with the streaked hair was her anchor--oh, how much it was so, she thought.

"Don't leave, if everyone else does," she whispered, hoping it was too quiet for Colette to hear.

@@Fireblaze, "I'm just so excited!" Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced more in her seat. "I just wish that we were all together, and Twilight and AJ were here too. We haven't been apart in so long!"

Rarity sat more elegantly than Pinkie, and she fanned herself cuz she felt a little hot. She sighed; watching races wasn't really her thing but she would never desert her friends. She also wanted to spend as much time with Charles as was equinely possible, given the chance that she might have to leave him behind once they went back to Equestria. It was too bad, now that she finally had found her prince, that she might have to lose him.

~~~

@@Hypn0ticD,

"If they relocate the Queen, I will find her," Cicada said, with determination. "Those who hold her have no idea of how much this jewel magnifies the Hive Mind. There is noplace they can put her where I can't find her."

@@Fireblaze, "I'm just so excited!" Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced more in her seat. "I just wish that we were all together, and Twilight and AJ were here too. We haven't been apart in so long!"

Rarity sat more elegantly than Pinkie, and she fanned herself cuz she felt a little hot. She sighed; watching races wasn't really her thing but she would never desert her friends. She also wanted to spend as much time with Charles as was equinely possible, given the chance that she might have to leave him behind once they went back to Equestria. It was too bad, now that she finally had found her prince, that she might have to lose him.

~~~

@@Hypn0ticD,

"If they relocate the Queen, I will find her," Cicada said, with determination. "Those who hold her have no idea of how much this jewel magnifies the Hive Mind. There is noplace they can put her where I can't find her."

@Pripyat Pony, @Hypn0ticD, @Dawn Stripes, @Ragin’ Red Talon, @~Shadow Wolf~, @00Pony

“Well me too but they had to do there thing while we watch Jack race and hope we have a good day too.” Nick saying as he was looking at the Race.

Charles see Rarity while smiles to her, then he went back looking at the Race while holding Rarity hand as he was thinking and looking since once he will miss her but he will be in the shadows since he got a new gig while making sure Government Agents can’t find him. Will contact Nick and his family too since he will be sending them letters or sending message by pigeon.

@Pripyat Pony

There were a few seconds of silence from Logan's end, and then an audible sigh, "Queen's been grabbed, huh? That's unfortunate..." The faint sound of clicking keys was audible over the mic, and eventually Logan's voice came through, "Okay... Give me a couple minutes, and I'll be right behind you guys. Pass the message on, and keep safe, alright? Love you, AJ."

"Will do. Love ya too, Logan." AJ hung up the phone and put it back in her pocket. "Looks like Logan's comin' along with us," she said to no one in particular.

@Hypn0ticD

@Dawn Stripes

Catherine had been silently eying Colette, watching the way she acted, the way she carried herself, and listening to her voice. It was all too perfect.

Edited by ~Shadow Wolf~

(I was? whoops)

"Ah, I see," Jack responded to Colette, "What are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to meet them somewhere if they manage to free the queen? I would imagine so since everyone else here needs to get back to Equestria sooner or later, and I'm sure nopony would want to be left behind in this dump."

He sat down on a spot on the metal bleacher, expressing his discomfort through a slight grimace.

"Say... these bleachers suck," complained Jack, "I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get you all pit passes and you guys can watch from my pit stall. I'm sure we could fit everyone."

(Ugh... not entirely sure what to post for Twilight as of now, I will think of something soon though!)

@, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @, @@Fireblaze,

"I'm gonna call Shawn or Stephen later, to check on how they're doing later…" Colette answered, reaching up and stroking Fluttershy's mane as the cars roared past. " "Yeah, pit seats sound cool… let's get over there quick, 'cause I'm dyin' out 'ere!"

((Lead the way, Red!))

Jack lead the pony finders to the pit stall, traversing across the pedestrian bridge advertising some sort of pizza sauce. He walked through the crowded pit lane, trying his best to ignore the adoring fans begging him for autographs. For Jack, he couldn't let any of his stardom distract him from a good finish today.

"Alright," he said to the group, "Might be a bit crowded, but thankfully the food are isn't too far a walk from here."

He then motioned to a small group of tables, taking into account how relatively large the group is.

"Feel free to relax over there if you think it's too crowded here," Jack responded, "As for me, I gotta get in my car. We're taking grid positions in ten minutes! See you all after the race!"

**INFIELD GARAGE: 2 AM**

The cold temperature of the Wisconsin early morning paled in comparison to the predicted 78 degree weather that was to follow during the daytime. There was nothing much Specter could do until he got the green light to carry out with his plan but smoke a few Camels outside of the garage. With nobody else around, it seemed there was nothing that would get in the way of the plan.

"Specter, do you read me?" a voice crackled over Specter's earpiece. An undercover agent, he managed to acquire a part time job with the raceway, tasked with keeping watch of the track garage as to avoid tampering by other teams. Ironically so, he had a very different agenda than what his job description said. He had just finished his smoke break, and was already walking back to the garage. He dropped the cigarette butt on the concrete, and ground it with the heel of his boot.

"Go ahead," he responded, "I think the garage area is clear. I'm the only one on the shift right now."

"Are you in the garage area right now?"

"Yessir. Standing right next to Kligerman's car."

"Ah, and I assume Jack's car is withing the vicinity?"

"Yessir, five spots down from where I am."

"Ah, so decent cover in case somebody tries to walk in."

"I guess so, sir."

He made his way to the red and yellow racecar, brought out his toolbox, and radioed HQ.

"Sir, I'm awaiting the green light," Specter mumbled into the radio, "Got the tools, jacks, and everything. I'm ready to go."

"Very well," responded the voice, "You know how to cut into the brake line, right?"

"Pfft, of course," he said with an annoyed tone. Specter was raised by cars, no shit he knew how to tamper with a car!

"You need to listen very carefully," the operator responded, "You'll need to cut the brake line just enough so as it passes race day inspection, but will still atrophy as the race goes on. If all goes according to plan, he'll lose control in one of the high speed sectors."

Obeying the orders, he jacked the car up, and began to cut away at the brake line. A little more of this, and his work was finished, and it was back to finishing what was left of his pack of cigarettes.

"HQ," he keyed in, "My work is done, and the target car is all set up. Specter out."

(I kinda wanna see a little bit more from Specter... ;))

After Jack left the group, Cat started pacing around a bit. Comment puis-je lui demander? Qu'est-ce que je lui demande? Peut-être que je devrais juste parler avec elle? Oui, c'est ce que je ferai. Elle va comprendre mes sentiments, non? She stopped after about a minute and walked up to Colette. "Can I speak with you... in private?"

@@00Pony, @@Pripyat Pony, @, @,

((Skip ahead time! Warning: slight Godmodding and BSing!))

Stephen had led the rescue party to a restaurant just off the highway, stepping out of the car and stretching a bit before heading over to Claire's car, giving a slight wave to her party as they exited their vehicle. "Logan shouldn't be too far behind us, so let's grab a bite ta eat while we wait for 'im!"

Stephen then made his way to the Ponies, pulling them aside. "Listen, girls. We're gonna go inside this 'ere restaurant, but I want to you know ta know something before we go in..." he looked from one to the other before continuing, "did either of yer finders tell ya that humans eat meat? Well, you're more than likely gonna see that in here. But I'll make sure that the food you get is only vegetarian, alrighty?"