Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is everyponies least favourite fanon?

nightseraph

While there are fanon's I don't particularly agree with I don't see any point in wasting my time in hating it as fans are going to do what they are going to do.

None, really.

It's the anti-fanons that bother me, at least the ones who constantly whine about a fanon, whether it be shipping, grimdark, Rule 34, etc.

I'm only talking about the people who constantly whine, though. If you don't like something but are respectable about it and don't feel the need to express your hatred for a fanon at every chance you get, then no worries, I'm not talking about you.

• Brohoof 4

Princess freaking Molestia. Its disgusting. I cant stand it how popular its become. Also the fact that everyone thinks Rainbow Dash is a lesbian because she has a rainbow mane and tail. What does sexual preference have to do with who a person is?! Shes still awesome no matter what. 20% cooler. 

Lyra Heartstrings' obsession with humans. I always disliked that concept, and avidly believed that humans never would or could have anything to do with Equestria.

Then came Equestria Girls.

So I guess maybe it's not that bad now.

Also, along with a few other posters on here I don't like Rainbow Dash as a lesbian.

(edited)

I honestly can't say that I have any.

Oh sure, there are ideas that I like more then others, but I wouldn't say I generally dislike any of them: usually, I can at least understand where the rationale is coming from, even if I disagree with it.

Edited by Shiek927

So.. liked.. tenthed, on the RD sexuality. She is one of only two, of the mane 6, who has displayed any interest in men.

The other being Rarity, of course.

I'm not a fan of the assumption that Alicorns = immortality. Also the fact that people take them for gods bothers me as well. I think there is something much more interesting and mysterious about them than ponies just being in "god mode".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't like it how bronies just "assume" that Lyra and Bonbon are a couple. Sure, it's cute and all, but just because they stand and sit together doesn't automatically make them a couple. That's like saying because I sit next to my best friend that I'm her girlfriend. It makes no sense to me. 

That... by a lot. Also Lyra being over human-obsesionized.

Also, I liked Vinyl Scatch before Epic Wub Time came along. I didn't really like Vinyl's character people gave her as much after that video. I then shifted over to liking Minuette/Colgate more sometime afterwards.

Oh, and as seeing DreamRisk's post reminded me, I don't like Princess Molestia and super Trollestia (sure she can pull off a little troll act like in Bird in the Hoof, but don't go insane about it).

Edited by Xiron
  • Brohoof 1

The assumption that Rainbow Dash is a lesbian just because she has a rainbow mane.

Also, most shippings. A lot of them are just ridiculous, like AJ x Trixie. Similarly, there are often quite stupid reasons as to why they are a 'good ship'.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing about fanon that annoys me is when people take it too seriously or too far. 

For example, I read the Molestia comics from JJ, because I find them hilarious. the stuff with lyra hands is just funny. 

Most of it was just made in good humour, but some people just take it too far and ruin it for other people.

that is really the only part of fanon I don't like. 

the rest of it I don't particularly care about, because it's fanon and not canon.

Discord and Fluttershy, it's bucking stupid, they are friends and not even of the same species. I don't think many Bronies practice it but, it still erratates me

(edited)

I don't so much hate fanon, I hate when people think that just because one is popular. You're not allowed to come up with a new one, or make a story/animation without pandering to the people who like that fanon. In other words: Fanon is not canon, and bronies are not a hivemind.

But if I had to choose, it's Vinyl and Octavia being a couple. Just to fight that, my Headcanon is that they're bitter enemies. Just because they're both musicians doesn't mean they even know each other.

Edited by Mzukiller
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna be an ass on this, but i heavily despised the whole "Scootalove" thing where Dash'd be like Scoot's sister, and after the Sleepless in Ponyville episode, i hated it more than ever x3

I always hated it being fanon, and now it's canon :3

• Brohoof 1

I dont like the Rainbow dash is a lesbian and must be shipped with everything fannon for several reasons,

1.People assume shes gay because she is tomboyish witch isnt fair.

2. Because cannon Rainbow dash has never mentioned even having feelings for anypony.

3. Out of the mane 6 Rainbow dash is probably the least likely to have a relationship with anypony since she is way to focused on her job, Flying, The wonder bolts. etc.

I also dont like the fannon that Equestria is on this planet but in the future or the past.

Last but not least the fannon that Discord was friends with Celestia and Luna in the past even though it is cannon that Discord was evil and committing chaos when Celestia and luna first arrived.

The fact that Lyra and BonBon are rarely if ever shown as just friends in the fandom. Their together because the people that made the show thought their colors looked nice together.

Also, like a lot of people said. Just cause Dash is a tomboy doesnt mean she needs to be shipped with girls ALL THE TIME XD

lol, seriously though, whens the last time youve seen a DashxBoy ship?

Uhm, Dash x Soarin. I see that one a lot. Also, I've seen Dash x Shining armor, once.

But yeah, shippings in general are probably my least favorite.

Oh, that and saying that So and So's parents are dead.

It would take me ages to list all the fanon stuff I don't like, so I'll just say one that bothers me the most.

That Dinky is Derpy's daughter because LOL SAME COLORS!!

And while talking about Derpy, I hate the hypocrisy in this fandom. They say 'Derpy's not a retard or mentally challenged! She's not offensive' yet look at the massive amount of comics, animations, etc. in which she acts like a total imbecile.

• Brohoof 4

Really dislike the assumption that Vinyl only listens to/creates Dubstep. There ARE other electronic genres out there.
Also dislike the way she's portrayed as a junkie and promiscuous in a lot of fanfiction. This one REALLY annoys me.

Not a fan of Fluttershy/Big Mac. Just because they're quiet and shy doesn't mean they're compatible as lovers.

Dislike how Dinky is assumed to be Derpy's daughter, even though there is NO connection between them, except for the colour of their coats.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Personally, I've always found the 'wingboner' to be a bit of a pet peeve.

Why? It makes no biological or evolutionary sense.

I mean, they way I wanted to interpret it was that a pegasus' wings were liable to shoot out upon experiencing any sudden or strong emotion--including things like surprise, etc., and that the 'wingboner' was just an extension of that. That would have been at least acceptably sensible. It makes reasonable sense for that to be a natural reaction, and surprise will often required taking to flight (danger to run away from, something to fight, getting airborne is a good safety response, etc.).

But in some way being specifically tied to arousal? That's entirely counterproductive and random. Think about. It just......gets in the way.....

And yes, making assumptions about various character's orientation, even based on their behavior, is not becoming. Shipping, on the other, hand...well, shipping is shipping. I just shrug to that. Shipping is the way things are.

Edited by Dawn Stripes
  • Brohoof 1

And while talking about Derpy, I hate the hypocrisy in this fandom. They say 'Derpy's not a retard or mentally challenged! She's not offensive' yet look at the massive amount of comics, animations, etc. in which she acts like a total imbecile.
This

So much of this.

I can't agree enough, no one cared calling her retarded until the soccer mom thing, people then screamed their head off claiming she wasn't retarded, which followed by others saying retarded wasn't offensive, in the end, the confusion made me glad that'd be the last screen time any background pony would ever have.

• Brohoof 1