Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Please help in naming two-three of my OCs! As well as an idea...

sunne

Names  

15 users have voted

1. 1. What should the blind pony's name be?

• Echo
    • Eclipse
    • Cloud Echoes
    • Cloud Dancer
    • Breeze
    • Other(Please Specify)

Hello. I have two OCs that I need help with naming and coming up with a special talent.

For my first pony,she is very antisocial and would rather curl up with a good fantasy book than go out and interact with other ponies.

She has a brother that is always encouraging her to be social and make new friends, but she feels that she doesn't need any more friends than Sun Spots, a Pegasus pony she befriended in fillyhood, and him. Despite this, they are very close and you rarely see her without him.

When around ponies she isn't familiar with, she acts indifferent but comes across as awkward.

She also loves animals. She looks a bit like Apple Cobbler with a Derpy-ified mane. Chocolate brown coat, bright blonde mane, sky blue eyes. She is an Earth Pony.

So for her cutie mark and name I was thinking of something like animals or reading or something. And sounds nice,

As for the second pony, she is completely blind and has been from birth. When she was a filly she was bullied which upset her at the time but now she is a cheerful pony and doesn't dwell on the past. She is very optimistic but is clumsy due to her impairment. She is very smart but would never brag about it.

She has a pale blue coat. Her mane is messy, with alternating colors. One big streak of red, with sky blue at the tip. One big streak of sky blue, red tip. It's hard to explain. Her eyes are chocolate brown. She is a Pegasus.

So I would like to have her name be something to do with blue or the sky and sight. I'd like her talent to be something to do with her vision... But I'm not sure.

Which brings me to the idea I'm looking for: how would a blind pony cope? I don't want it to be just sighted guide. How would they make a pony version of a white cane? And how would they navigate while flying?

could you maybe put up a picture of both of the or just one so we have I better chance of finding a name ... It would help me out but if you don't could you give us like a description and I may post up a pony creator image to help us

Sure, forgot about that.

Here is the blind pony:

post-14040-0-88815600-1370163782_thumb.jpg

And I'll upload the other one when I can. I can't take a picture right now.

(edited)

Cute!! Hmm, I'm not the greatest with names or anything...

For pony one: 

Malaprop (Book store in town)
Mystery Lovecompany (A book store in Baltimore) 
Maggie Wind (Margret; Gone with the Wind)
Medea (Greek book)
Gypsy Ballads (book)
Paige (Get it?  Page?)

Bookworm

Okay sorry. 
Uh.

Pony #2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_blind_people

Maybe some on there? I find it cute to use names used in real life as a nod. 

Echo? Seeing like a bat somewhat?
Toph? Same thing as above, or too anime-y...

Sorry, told you I wasnt good at names! img-1520310-1-blink.png

Edited by Haruyou

Sure, forgot about that.

Here is the blind pony:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And I'll upload the other one when I can. I can't take a picture right now.

What about Firecracker? Her colors remind me of those friut ice pops lol. As for the other pony what about something like Bunny Bloom....or something with bloom in it....

for the second pony i suggest you name her, eclipse. because despite the fact that she cant see shes still someone amazing

the first one sounds exactly like twilight before she met her friends. Shed rather read a book than g out and socalize, she hangs out with a pony that she met in filly hood ( shining armour ) he only difference i see really is her color

for the second pony i suggest you name her, eclipse. because despite the fact that she cant see shes still someone amazing

the first one sounds exactly like twilight before she met her friends. Shed rather read a book than g out and socalize, she hangs out with a pony that she met in filly hood ( shining armour ) he only difference i see really is her color

I do like the nme eclipse, I'll keep it in mind.

As for my other chatacter, I actually hadn't thought of that at all. Oops.

But there are differences that I'm not quite sure how to explain. Well, I'll try to explain a bit.

Particularly that she isn't OCD and could care less about non-fiction, and most of why Twi was antisocial was becauseshe really is socially awkward and shy.

My pony is nit social because she's mostly mellow and could care less what ponies think. Also, ponies usually bore her. She's not shy at all.

The only reason she comes across as awkward o others is because most ponies typically expect other ponies to be more fiendly, yet she's completely bored and indifferent.

I do like the name Echo as well, @@Haruyou, thank you.

The nmes for pony one aren't the best but thank you for trying.

I was thinking of dropping "Lovecompany" and just going with "Mystery", which might sound cute, but I don't think it old work unless she looked and acted mysterious...

And sorry, but I'm one of those bronies/Pegasisters that prefers the usual kind of quirky names that are normal pony names.

Thanks, though :)

@@Thesbie, Firecracker is a cute name, and I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not quite sure if it will fit her. I could be wrong, because its 12:30 AM and I need to sleep. So I'll keep it in mind. It is a cute name though.

For the first pony's name how about

1.Gentle Sparkle

2.Raspberry Hoof

3.Peach Petal

4.Lily Swirl

Her powers could be (since she lieks fantasy books) to be able to tell whether or not someone is a changeling.

For the second pony:

1. Breeze Runner

2. Cloud Dancer

3. Starshine Sprint

4.Nimble Runner

Also her ability could be able to see with her heart if someone is evil or good.

For the first pony's name how about

1.Gentle Sparkle

2.Raspberry Hoof

3.Peach Petal

4.Lily Swirl

Her powers could be (since she lieks fantasy books) to be able to tell whether or not someone is a changeling.

For the second pony:

1. Breeze Runner

2. Cloud Dancer

3. Starshine Sprint

4.Nimble Runner

Also her ability could be able to see with her heart if someone is evil or good.

Interesting ideas there. I like your talent ideas. I'm not so sure of the names though, except Cloud Dancer.

Thank you though!

Thanks! Sorry about the names I couldn't really think of any creative ones. But I'm glad you like the talents! img-1526515-1-derpy_emoticon1.png

Oh, no, it's fine. You do have quite the interesting talent ideas.

Tell me if you have more name ideas :)

This is pretty funny. I have a blind Oc also. He's a unicorn and his talent is echolocation and I also really don't have a name for him. Hmmm she should have her other senses be sensitive and that's her talent. The sensitive senses would help her move around. For names: I really can't think of any... as stated earlier I'm not the best with names. Sorry :(

This is pretty funny. I have a blind Oc also. He's a unicorn and his talent is echolocation and I also really don't have a name for him. Hmmm she should have her other senses be sensitive and that's her talent. The sensitive senses would help her move around. For names: I really can't think of any... as stated earlier I'm not the best with names. Sorry :(

Interesting. Perhaps tell me what he looks like and stuff, and I can help you think of a name for him? I'm much better at helping others with names than coming up with them for myself, hehe :).

To be honest I read you first sentence and thought you were gonna be a troll or something. I'm glad I was wrong XD

Actually i have a name for him now. Someone on a thread i made recommended Echo, and i added off that and his name is now Echo Sight. Thanks for asking though :) As for your pony, have you come up with a talent for her yet? cuz i might be able to help if you haven't already got a name for her

Actually i have a name for him now. Someone on a thread i made recommended Echo, and i added off that and his name is now Echo Sight. Thanks for asking though :) As for your pony, have you come up with a talent for her yet? cuz i might be able to help if you haven't already got a name for her

I haven't gotten a name for either.

Interesting name for him. I'm glad you got your OC named :)

I was thinking of going with Lightning Dancer's idea for her talent... Maybe... As for your idea for her talent, other senses are normally heightened when another has a disadvantage( I know this firsthand, I'm completely blind in one eye and can't smell, so mysenses of hearing, touch, and taste are all heightened/more sensitive. (Yes, taste too)) so she'd already have sensitive hearing and stuff just because of her eyes. So I don't think that would count or work as a talent. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

Hey I have an idea. Maybe she can shut down, or weaken, her other senses and be able to see for a certain amount of time. Her name could then be... Rare? Meaning that it's rare for her to use that power because... it... takes a lot of effort to do so? I dunno I just personally like that idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have an idea. Maybe she can shut down, or weaken, her other senses and be able to see for a certain amount of time. Her name could then be... Rare? Meaning that it's rare for her to use that power because... it... takes a lot of effort to do so? I dunno I just personally like that idea.

I do quite like that idea, but I don't feel like it will fit and in a way it seems OP, if that makes sense...?

I'm thinking of having her name be Cloud Echoes. Despite what the voters say.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so i've decided on a name that wasn't on the poll. Her name shall be Bubblebeam.

So...

Now for her talent!

I'm really not sure what to have for her talent.