Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Card Game

Fluttashy

Well I think their is a new thing for me to start collecting. Well soon I'm going to go to the store and just buy some. This does seem very interesting though. 

I haven't gotten a chance to write it all out yet. At first I only had the cards that came in the started decks with the exception of some that came in the booster packs. When I was putting it together I realized that Fluttershy lacked some powerful cards so I got some rare cards off eBay, plus I got some rare Rarity cards off eBay as well to make my deck a little stronger. I haven't played it in its current form yet.

What I like about it so far is I use Rarity as my mane, so Inspired is powerful enough as it is. With the combination of Fluttershy and her critters, though, it seems pretty powerful if I can get the hang of it.

I think that right now, the hardest part of the game is remembering to read every single card that you play and remembering to take action on it. When you are first learning it is difficult to remember all that on top of the regular rules.

If I were to build a Rarity/Flutter deck(without putting any UR in there), I'd probably go with something like this: Deck list here

You could change some of the Rares in the deck if you can't really afford/want them. I'd personally get Stand Still if anything. It's just brutal when your opponent can't move anything(especially if they're a RD rush deck). The only downside with playing and using Stand Still is that it makes you feel like a horrible person sometimes and prevents your opponent from having any fun. 

If I were to build a Rarity/Flutter deck(without putting any UR in there), I'd probably go with something like this: Deck list here

You could change some of the Rares in the deck if you can't really afford/want them. I'd personally get Stand Still if anything. It's just brutal when your opponent can't move anything(especially if they're a RD rush deck). The only downside with playing and using Stand Still is that it makes you feel like a horrible person sometimes and prevents your opponent from having any fun.

I just bought 3 Stand Stills from an eBay seller. Hee hee hee :D

I will take a look at that list and figure something out. Thanks!!!

Hasn't Hasbro released MLP trading cards? I don't have any. I only have the collector cards you get with blind bags

Lots. There are 2 series of standard trading cards and a newly released CCG.

Just Google it. Or read through both of the threads (this one and MLP Trading Cards) to give you an idea of what they are.

Lots. There are 2 series of standard trading cards and a newly released CCG.

Just Google it. Or read through both of the threads (this one and MLP Trading Cards) to give you an idea of what they are.

I haven't seen any in the shops (which sucks for me), because I'd like these. I'd buy them online but I don't do that sorta stuff (sucks again)

I haven't seen any in the shops (which sucks for me), because I'd like these. I'd buy them online but I don't do that sorta stuff (sucks again)

Try either Walmart, Target, or Hot Topic. I believe those are all of the major places that they are selling the CCG. 

• Brohoof 1

Why not? Buying online is safe and there is more variety. :3

Unless you aren't old enough to have a credit/debit card.

Try either Walmart, Target, or Hot Topic. I believe those are all of the major places that they are selling the CCG. 

Don't have those shops here, although there is ASDA (Walmark UK) but they don't have it, same as my local toy retailers :L

Why not? Buying online is safe and there is more variety. :3

Unless you aren't old enough to have a credit/debit card.

If I buy online, they could get damaged in the post or I could easily get ripped off. (I have a debit card)

Sounds like you're in the UK, in which case head to your nearest Waterstones bookseller. They'll either have it in stock or will be able to order things in for you - it's on their system and can be picked up from Esdevium, the UK distributors.

Also, I think you're going to have to move into the 21st century and start trusting online retailers - just order from reputable places who offer restitution if the stuff they deliver to you is damaged. There are plenty of companies who offer replacements if things they send out to you aren't precisely how you expect them to be.

• Brohoof 1

Don't have those shops here, although there is ASDA (Walmark UK) but they don't have it, same as my local toy retailers :L

If I buy online, they could get damaged in the post or I could easily get ripped off. (I have a debit card)

If you buy from a reputable retailer, you will not get ripped off.

Amazon.co.uk sells the trading cards In individual packs and boxes. The boxes are a great deal and if you have Amazon Prime you can get free shipping.

Sounds like you're in the UK, in which case head to your nearest Waterstones bookseller. They'll either have it in stock or will be able to order things in for you - it's on their system and can be picked up from Esdevium, the UK distributors.

Also, I think you're going to have to move into the 21st century and start trusting online retailers - just order from reputable places who offer restitution if the stuff they deliver to you is damaged. There are plenty of companies who offer replacements if things they send out to you aren't precisely how you expect them to be.

Yeah I'm in the UK, I'll check that store out soon. I do buy online just things I desperately need, for example: New computer parts

If you buy from a reputable retailer, you will not get ripped off.

Amazon.co.uk sells the trading cards In individual packs and boxes. The boxes are a great deal and if you have Amazon Prime you can get free shipping.

I might check it out when I put money on my account :P

• Brohoof 1

Oh goody. Toywiz put up their individual cards for sale. :)

It is still worth checking eBay for these cards as well, but I think that this is a good way to get a list of all of the cards. Other sites that have lists require you to click on each card to see the picture but on Toywiz you can see them all at once. It is good to note that some of these cards are way cheaper than what is offered on eBay, but the shipping for Toywiz for one card is not worth it.

www.toywiz.com/mlpccgseries1.html

• 2 weeks later...

best places to get cards: 

If you're looking for individual cards the best place is here : http://www.ideal808.com/catalog/premiere/1323

this has all the cards and is pretty good priced. 

sets of cards (5 packs for $13), amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00HATWTQ2/ref=sr_1_9_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1391312789&sr=8-9&keywords=mlp+ccg&condition=new

or toywiz are also brilliant. They also have canterlot nights coming out which I guess it's the second wave of cards? anyway here's a coupon. 

scratch that, the code expired. But I'd just like to mention that on the top of the card packs it says "premiere series" so that shows they are gunna come out with more cards, and with the brony fandom showing no sign of dying down (and season 5 already announced!) I'd personally recommend hanging onto any ultra rares you get. They might be worth something in the future. I personally have 3 big mac, celestia and zecora :3

post-22975-0-06054800-1391313509.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Hey Everypony!

I just started a new blog about the Pony CCG where I am planning on sharing strategies and news.

http://mlpcards.blogspot.com/2014/02/mlp-ccg-price-guide_2.html

My first post includes the first ever Price Guide for the MLP card game, which I personally compiled.

I hope you find it useful.

Also, I thought I'd share my favorite place to buy Ponies cards, Potomac Distribution. You can get boxes for wholsale price there even if you're not a retailer.

Edited by mlpcards

So I think I just piddled a little bit, as I just discovered this game and will definitely be talking to the Wifey to see if she'd play this game with me!

My question before diving into this thing is, does anybody know the rarity disparity in booster packs? I've noticed there's just as many rares as there are uncommons and commons, and 15 ultra rares!

So how many packs would I have to open statistically speaking before I had a chance at pulling an Ultra Rare?

Would buying two booster boxes give me a fair chance at getting the majority of the collection? I know I still would be missing most likely several rares and ultra rares, accounting for doubles, but 72 packs should yield some happy thoughts, yes?

I've played Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, Legend of the Five Rings, Heroclix and everything in between, but nothing has excited me more than the prospect of possibly being the first in my area to introduce people to this game!

So how many packs would I have to open statistically speaking before I had a chance at pulling an Ultra Rare?

I've brought 22 packs and have gotten 3 ultra rares. Though, only 1 is playable for my deck. I use a fluttershy and rainbow dash  deck and I have princess celestia. I also have big mac and zecora. I still plan to keep them though. You never know when I'll run into someone willing to trade for a rainbow dash to the rescue!

So I think I just piddled a little bit, as I just discovered this game and will definitely be talking to the Wifey to see if she'd play this game with me!

My question before diving into this thing is, does anybody know the rarity disparity in booster packs? I've noticed there's just as many rares as there are uncommons and commons, and 15 ultra rares!

Would buying two booster boxes give me a fair chance at getting the majority of the collection? I know I still would be missing most likely several rares and ultra rares, accounting for doubles, but 72 packs should yield some happy thoughts, yes?

I've played Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, Legend of the Five Rings, Heroclix and everything in between, but nothing has excited me more than the prospect of possibly being the first in my area to introduce people to this game!

In a booster box, there are 3 ultra-rares. If you're talking about collecting, then buying two booster boxes will probably get you a majority of the cards. After that, it'd be cheaper and easier to just buy singles. 

I wish you the best of luck. There's some helpful videos on Youtube on how to play the game. It might also help after you learn the game to search around and see the top possibilities. I personally run a White/Purple/Pink deck but having a 3 colored deck is kinda odd. You're more than likely going to be running either White/some other color or a Blue/some other color.

If you have any questions or whatnot, just post them here. Someone will answer you back 

From what I've read so far the game seems to operate a lot like the following (in magic the gathering terms, sorry for the confusion)

Twilight Sparkle (Purple) seems to borrow a lot from the color of blue when it comes to deck manipulation and card draw, With a twinge of Black with the random discard elements.

Applejack (Not sure her color) seems to borrow a lot from the color of white when it comes to tapping down resources and characters, exhausting people and preventing them from doing much.

Rainbow Dash (Blue?) seems to borrow a lot from the color Red when it comes to being faster than the other colors and "burning" through problems at a rapid rate for a quick victory.

Rarity (White) doesn't really borrow too much from other elements as far as I've seen. Considering the whole scoring extra points for doing certain things is a unique element to this card game and thus doesn't really have a solid MTG parallel. Probably why she's the strongest color at the moment.

Fluttershy (Yellow?) seems to borrow a lot from the color Green when it comes to being able to activate friends and animal cards faster than others with superior "growth" potential. I see this color being used a lot like Green by being primarily a splash color.

And Pinkie Pie (Pink) seems to borrow a lot from the color Black when it comes to being able to remove other players allies, resources and things of that nature.

Oh man this is such torture! lol. I've been checking my bank balance every day hoping for my funds to go through in order to get to buying some MLPCCG! I mean, not that I think there's any rush, I'm sure this game is obscure enough that the product will be there for me when I'm ready. But I'm just soooo excited to play this game!

My husband and I are pretty busy so we haven't played the game all that often.

Last game that we played I pull out a hand of mostly powerful cards... and then for every faceoff my weak cards would be the one to be flipped. Grrrr...

I've heard of the card game before, and I'd like to play it, but I'm not sure where to find them or if my parents would buy me any pony merchandise.

I'll just get them myself.  :okiedokielokie:

I've heard of the card game before, and I'd like to play it, but I'm not sure where to find them or if my parents would buy me any pony merchandise.

I'll just get them myself. :okiedokielokie:

Big name stores like Target and Walmart sell them. Hot Topic also sells them. You can get a starter deck with foil Rarity at Hot Topic only. :3

Local card game and comic book shops will also have them. Check for local tournaments!

The game is fun. Kinda hard to find someone to play with though if you don't have Brony friends. But there are probably meet ups and stuff for MLP.