Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Headcanon: How Pony Babies are Made

Adente

You see, when a mare loves a stallion a lot, they get married. After that, they get on the bed and make it go *SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK*

After being fat for 9 months, there is a baby.

If you want exact details, contact your local 4chan. 

• Brohoof 3

6173_-_80s_cheerilee_deviantart_lauren_f

Lauren Faust has spoken.

So, in other words, ponies basically just function like sapient Real World ponies, except for the existence of magic and the like.

• Brohoof 1

Lauren Faust has spoken.

Fillies and gentlecolts you heard it straight from the ponies mouth clopfics are cannon not lets take out our er well you know and celebrate. Oh okay so maybe I wouldn't go that far as that would never happen on the show but there is always the internet.

img-1606597-1-6173_-_80s_cheerilee_devia

Lauren Faust has spoken.

So, in other words, ponies basically just function like sapient Real World ponies, except for the existence of magic and the like.

Hahahaha I just can't stop laughing about that comment from exiana. "YOU FOOL! DON'T YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE?" I don't really know why, but that is really, really funny!

And even though I respect all that Faust says as canon, I will use rule of Pinkie Pie Irrationality to override her canon on this one; I refuse to stop believing in the Candy Coitus Conception Conjecture, or CCCC for short! 

• Brohoof 2

Candy Coitus Conception Conjecture, or CCCC for short! 

*Pinkie voice:*  Candy Coitus Conception Conjecture!  Candy Coitus Conception Conjecture!  Pickle barrel, pickle barrel!  Kumquat, Chimicherrychanga, Candy Coitus Conception Conjecture!

• Brohoof 2

Candy Coitus Conception Conjecture, or CCCC for short! 

It sounds like the title of a particularly kinky Pinkie Pie clopfic, you could probably even add some Charlie and The Choclate Factory references to add a little extra humor.

It sounds like the title of a particularly kinky Pinkie Pie clopfic, you could probably even add some Charlie and The Choclate Factory references to add a little extra humor.

Er... I'll leave the writing of that particular fic in your ever capable hands EarthbendingProdigy. Besides, you and I both know where I stand on the matter of clopfics.   

A female, when she wants to have a baby, eats about forty pounds of marshmallows, Skittles, and fondue chocolate. The next day, she undergoes mitosis and splits into two ponies, one the original parent, the other the new baby foal/colt.

Wait, then wouldn't that make males entirely pointless? And if the females reproduce via eating alot, then wouldn't that mean...

O_O

OH MY GOOOOOOOO---

__too_many_pinkie_pies___by_ponyphile-d5

• Brohoof 4

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Fillies and gentlecolts you heard it straight from the ponies mouth clopfics are cannon not lets take out our er well you know and celebrate. Oh okay so maybe I wouldn't go that far as that would never happen on the show but there is always the internet.

Well obviously it's canon.

Clearly they're in for more than just a slow moving hayride, especially with Big Mac leading the way. 

• Brohoof 4

You're wrong! The ponies do have genitals! They completely melt into the pony's skin when he/she doesn't need them, only being visible during reproduction and when they use the bathroom! They are completely invisible at all other times!

Wait, then wouldn't that make males entirely pointless? And if the females reproduce via eating alot, then wouldn't that mean...

O_O

OH MY GOOOOOOOO---

img-1607157-1-__too_many_pinkie_pies___b

Oh my God! Just..... No words.... Just take the internet! Its all yours, you can have it! Just take it! 

But yeah, the idea of Pinkie Pie having babies all the time actually makes this headcanon about 20% more appealing to me.

• Brohoof 1

You're wrong! The ponies do have genitals! They completely melt into the pony's skin when he/she doesn't need them, only being visible during reproduction and when they use the bathroom! They are completely invisible at all other times!

It kinda like dogs. It looks perfectly normal, but then it slowly ris- okay i'll stop now. 

img-1606597-1-6173_-_80s_cheerilee_devia

Lauren Faust has spoken.

It official everybody.

Fucking is canon now. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
explaining the gender imbalance in Equestria.

This is something I specifically wanted to address, as I don't believe there's a gender imbalance in Equestria. It is simply a matter that considering the main characters of the show are.....well.......mares i.e. femailes, they would be much more involved in the female spectrum of equestria's society than the male spectrum. Thus the audience is exposed to that side of the Equestria a lot more.

Secondly, think about the type of roles male ponies fulfill. Generally, it's the more hands-on tasks like farming, manufacturing, etc. Of special note is that every soldier pony seen to this day is a stallion (or at least the vast majority if I'm wrong about all of them being male) which should be a strong indication. How that relates to background ponies is simple. The sort of tasks ponies fulfill in the town/city would be the less physically exhausting ones, but if you notice in certain episodes featuring celebrations of one kind or another, there's a lot more balance in the mare:stallion ratio.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

Was it really Lauren Faust that made the mammalian reproduction comment?  If so, that is disappointing.  I liked to think of the magical family-friendly-cartoon land of Equestria was a non-sexual place.  I figured that when a pony couple was ready to have a child, the mare just magically became pregnant.  Sort of like how a Cutie Mark appears when they find their special talents. 

Was it really Lauren Faust that made the mammalian reproduction comment?

Yes but in fairness to her she probably hadn't really thought much about it before that person made the comment about it. I don't really understand why that sort of comment would disappoint anyone as they are not going to actually talk about that in the show anyway, and I am of the school of thought that sex is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. If it really ruins the innocent for some people as much as they say than the best thing to do is to not even really think about it.

• Brohoof 2

A sexually excited colt inserts his erect penis into a mare's vagina.
They screw, he cums, and then they cross their fingers (or hooves) and hope that a pony sperm manages to fertilize an egg.

That's just my headcanon, anyway.

Was it really Lauren Faust that made the mammalian reproduction comment?  If so, that is disappointing.  I liked to think of the magical family-friendly-cartoon land of Equestria was a non-sexual place.  I figured that when a pony couple was ready to have a child, the mare just magically became pregnant.  Sort of like how a Cutie Mark appears when they find their special talents. 

I do like that idea it would fit more with "magical land of Equestria" Though my head canon is the ponies reproduce like humans (selecting who they want) not like real ponies that rely on natural instinct. As for the genitals it's pretty obvious their going to be censored or appear as if they aren't their people are watching. In their world since they trot around with no clothes it's fitting to know that ponies don't notice those things or it isn't a big deal for them. Like they see exposed genitals the same way we see a puppy (we don't care) But that bags the question how is the trait of wings and horns passed down?

I do like that idea it would fit more with "magical land of Equestria" Though my head canon is the ponies reproduce like humans (selecting who they want) not like real ponies that rely on natural instinct. As for the genitals it's pretty obvious their going to be censored or appear as if they aren't their people are watching. In their world since they trot around with no clothes it's fitting to know that ponies don't notice those things or it isn't a big deal for them. Like they see exposed genitals the same way we see a puppy (we don't care) But that bags the question how is the trait of wings and horns passed down?

Well Mr. Cake said wings and horns are hereditary, as he has a family member who was a Unicorn and Mrs. Cake has a family member who was a Pegasus.

My headcanon on wings and horns is that there's greater likelihood of them being passed down if the parents have them, but still a chance if a family member has/had them, so the Cake twins are a slightly rare occurrence. But that's getting a little off-topic, so we should try to get back to the original topic. 

• Brohoof 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dude, I love your theory! My Little Pony has always been a show of happy candies and rainbows. You know, how were Pound and Pumpkin Cake made? I think maybe their mom had a whole lot of cake, double one mare would normally have, to make twins.

I understand what would happen in reality, but, you know, this would make more sense for a children's show such as this.