Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Deceptive duality

Starstream

(edited)

Link to RP thread

Plot
Equestria is in a state of cosmic disarray. The natural, as well as the magical ecosystems are out of whack and it seems that the population of the country has mysteriously increased. Famine is rampant, the rulers of the land have disappeared, and as a result anarchy is steadily spreading. A small number of ponies has taken it to themselves to find out what's going on and solve the problem, the catch being that elsewhere, identically named ponies who look exactly like these first ponies have chosen to do the same.

Concept
Huzzah for gimmicky roleplays~
The idea here is that every applied character will be in the RP twice, once played by their creator (well, duh~ img-1634994-1-wink.png), and once played by a random other roleplayer. This also means that everybody will have to pull double duty, roleplaying as two different characters. It's more for the fun of finding out how someone else will roleplay your character with just the information on your character page, and roleplaying how your characters would react to "themselves" than anything else.

If you know anything to make this idea more interesting, please tell me so~

General rules
  • Keep the Language as clean as possible, swearing is allowed but only at a bare minimum.
  • No killing player characters.
  • No godmodding.
  • No weapons.
  • Be respectful of your fellow roleplayers.
  • Proper grammar and spelling are required.
  • OOC discussion either in this thread or in PM form, no exceptions.

RP specific rules

• Be especially respectful towards the character you're roleplaying that isn't your own. That is to say, if you're doing anything extreme with someone else's character you'd better have a damn good explanation as to why you'd think they would act in such a manner that the creator can agree to.
  • Try to balance out usage of both characters so you don't use one way more than the other.
  • The two characters you play are not allowed to interact with each other unless absolutely necessary.
  • Colour code both characters so it's easy to tell which one you're roleplaying at the time.

Character application format

• Name: [name]
  • Link: [link to the character page]
  • Time: [the time you'll roughly be available, preferably in 24h GMT (so you can find a roleplaying partner who will be active at roughly the same time)]
  • [space]
  • [anything else]

Example:
Name: Starstream Heartlocke
Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/starstream-heartlocke-r3848
Time: 05:00 GMT - 23:00 GMT

I hope you like the idea, if you do, please don't be afraid to join. I look forward to trying this little idea out.

Cast by character

Cast by player

Edited by Starstream

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this looks fun! Difficult somewhat but fun! 

This'll be my first actual forum RP so I hope this'll be awesome! 

Here's my app. 

@

@@Snowy Storm

Okay, you guys are both in, but I think we'll need a few more people for this to work. If you know anyone who might be interested, if you could ask them that would be a blessing.

Also, Snowy Storm, what time zone are you in?

(edited)

Hey, I'd give this a go, probably use Emerald since my other characters have far too much backstory to make the dual personality thing work well.

Name: Emerald Gaze

Link: On my profile page: I'm posting from my phone so just hit the link in my signature.

Time: Usually 6pm - 2am GMT, though I'm usually available for a post every hour or two from my phone during the day if things pick up speed.

Edit.

Actually, kingfisher might be a better choice, and even I haven't used her yet, which would make it pretty interesting :)

Edited by Cinderscribe

Oh um... I could join if it's still okay to.

Name: Solus (If that's okay. If not then Blaze Finder is fine.)

Link: On my profile page

Time: Probably around noon to midnight. I'm in US Eastern Time and it's currently about 4:30 PM

Great stuff, I'll jump in soon. Are we just playing our own characters for the time being I assume?

Yes, that is the plan for the time being. We're just getting some stuff established before possible confusion sets in.

(edited)

@'Nuclear Neurotic'

You'll be Nuclear (The real version of Nuclear.) and Soulfire.

I'm apparently Kingfisher (The real version) and the fake Nuclear.

The 'cast by player' list is the most useful I think: It shows you the Player name, Who their character is, then who's character they will also control the double of. I think. :P

Edited by Cinderscribe

I am trying to make sense of who is using who's character. Anyway of making it a bit simpler to understand?? XD

You'll be Nuclear (The real version of Nuclear.) and Soulfire.   I'm apparently Kingfisher (The real version) and the fake Nuclear.   The 'cast by player' list is the most useful I think: It shows you the Player name, Who their character is, then who's character they will also control the double of. I think.

I'm sorry for the confusion.  :blush:  

The 'cast by character' list is there to easily keep track if the characters involved in the story and read up on their character pages, which I personally do a lot. The 'cast by player' list I added for you guys to easily be able to tell who you'll be playing, just look for your own name on there and the two characters next to it are who you'll be playing. The 'cast by player' list also serves as an easy way to check who's online at the moment.