Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo and Cutie mark

applejock

So i must ask, as it seems to me when MOST Ponies find there passion they recieve a Cutie Mark in reflection of it. Now perhaps i am mistaken in both her name, and fav past time (besides her hero worship of Rainbow Dash) Scoots really loves and is skilled at her Scooter Riding. Not to mention her friends and others compliments on her riding.

Thoughts? Are the writters just dragging it out?

• Brohoof 1

I think the writers are just dragging it out. I'd be shocked if Scootaloo didn't get her cutie mark for scootering. She's really good at it, and it's part of her name. It also fits her personality quite well. Seems weird for her cutie mark to be anything else.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Similar implications were made for the other CMCs. Sweetie Bell definitely has a talent for singing while Applebloom seems pretty good at organization or even interior design. This is all implied in "The Show Stoppers" back in season 1, so to me it seems evident the writers are merely dragging it out for all of them for entertainment's sake.

Edited by Freedan

They're probably going to continue drawing it out for a bit more or even till the end of the show. I personally think her cutie mark would be a scooter or a daredevil-type symbol as a cutie mark. I do hope at least one of the CMC will get their cutie mark in Season 4; so that way we could have a lesson like: "how we shouldn't treat our friends differently even after a life changing event occurs to that pony; we should be friends no matter what."

The writers are probably going to keep dragging it on until, Season 4 arrives since everyone expects a lot of changes to occur. So, I think that they might stop at Season 4 or continue to keep doing it. Their talents will be found sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...

Scootaloo from the cutie mark crusaders is amazing on her scooter and pulls of amazing tricks so shouldn't that be her speacial talent? Also how would you feel about the others getting there cutie marks? I feel like it would be interesting to see what all there talents are especially applebloom

Scootaloo from the cutie mark crusaders is amazing on her scooter and pulls of amazing tricks so shouldn't that be her speacial talent? Also how would you feel about the others getting there cutie marks? I feel like it would be interesting to see what all there talents are especially applebloom

There are numerous possibilities to all of them.

Scootaloo has incredible balance and machinery skills, which would also explain her name. She wasn't on that Scooter when she was showing Apple Bloom how to dance.Plus its interesting to note she's rather brave. She calls out Diamond first and challenged her first before Sweetie had and she mainly spoke out against certain other events.

Apple Bloom is great at crafting, not machinery like Scootaloo. (In One Bad Apple, I think she was the one mainly working the outside and Scootaloo does more of the inner workings *the engine, the steering, the breaks, etc.) Or possibly a planner. She's really great at coming up with ideas, like a leader.

Sweetie Belle could be good at songwriting or writing in general. She's sophisticated in that area as well as singing. Then again, I think her ability to come up with the right terms should be talent enough lol.

• Brohoof 1

Well, cutie marks are about who ponies themselves are and how they view themselves, which is why the MMC episode hurt the ponies and they never excelled at what they are. The mark is powerless, but how we view ourselves is still with in the mark. That's why Rarity did weather duties, Rainbow the animals (thinking bluntly), Pinkie Pie the farm work without getting that simple pleasure AJ does, Fluttershy choosing clown (when in reality, Pinkie Pie just wants everypony to be happy, not that she wants to be a clown) and Apple Jack only seeing the use of the dress, not the actual design, art, or pleasure of the dress like Rarity. In short:Having a mark shows who you are in a nutshell and is like puberty. You know who you are and pursue it, your own path of life. That's why they drag the CMC longer and longer. Giving them a potentially wrong mark could possibly be the worst thing for a pony.

Taking this into account, we simply only saw a few talents that could grant them a mark, but they hadn't explored the other possibilities that aren't with finding what your GOOD at (as in, the ability to draw, use race, etc.) but the things you can't necessarily be good at 'talent' wise, but more emotional. Its hard to explain. I'll just give examples.

Pinkie Pie: Her party gave her her cutiemark, but she isn't getting it from the party being thrown, but rather, the ponies attending it. She made them smile when otherwise they didn't smile, which is why she can't stand to see a sad pony. She's not 'PARTY PONY, SHE HAS IT IN PARTYING', but rather, it shows how far she would go to make them happy.

Apple Jack's is for her family, she immediately gained it after visiting her family again after leaving. Sure, some might say she's an excellent apple bucker, but she didn't realize her skill, she sees her family and her mark comes. I don' think its even limited to blood, its more to the town too and friends.

Cheerilee wanted to make her students blossom and teach them whatever she knew how. She wanted to help students. You can't exactly see this as a SKILL or something, its not at all like RD's blunt "RACING" mindset of her mark.

Rarity's mark doesn't even necessarily have to be for fashion, but gems in general and she incorporated it into her design. 

RD isn't even as blunt as I stated. Her cutiemark shows loyalty and her ability to race through anything for her friends.

This is why I don't mind waiting for the marks. I rather would wait then get a cop out mark that really doesn't develop the character much.

If they give the CMC their cutie marks, they're no longer the CMC. Therefore, I don't think they should be given their cutie marks. However, I wouldn't mind if it was just one of the three that got their cutie mark. Since Scootaloo is the only member who isn't related to any of the mane six, she would be a good choice. Also, the scooter idea could work.