Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Equestria University Re-Roll

Ampharos

Whirl Wake thought for a second. "I'm from Canterlot myself. Nice place, very tidy. I was apprenticing to be a pharmacist before I came here. My dream is to create medicines for ponies in needs!" He glanced at Ink's flank. "And don't worry about not having a cutie mark. I'm sure you'll find something perfect for you in time."

"Yea..." Inks had two major interests, but that's all they were at the moment. Interests. "I've thought of being an author... I don't know. I hope I get it too..." He shook his head to clear the thoughts away. His nose wrinkled in a way that his glasses moved farther up snout. "So Canterlot huh? Never been there. Sounds uh, nice."

@@InfinityWhale,

"Oh," Psych Ward nodded, the reason the Ward had left her with a large sack of bits for college suddenly dawned on her.  "That makes sense.  I'm used to having everything scheduled for me ahead of time."  She got into another box, taking out a small pouch of bits.  She slid it into her saddlebag. 

(edited)

"So Canterlot huh? Never been there. Sounds uh, nice."

Whirl Wake smiled and began looking through his bags. "Yeah, but there is a hefty sum of more stuck-up ponies that could use a talking to." He pulled out a sheet of paper with his name on it. "There it is!" Whirl turned back around and showed it to Inks. "Do you have your schedule with you? Maybe we have some classes together!"

Edited by Jverne

@@Psych Ward,

Light eye chuckled at this ponies relative inexperience. "I've been on my own for a couple of years before this. I would probably have just used groceries and bought food for myself, but I've never been the greatest cook and there's no kitchenette in the first-year dorms. Someday I'll probably go back to cooking, especially if I find a friend or two who are skilled chefs." She grabbed a card out her bag and strapped on a smaller purse bag, then put the card in the bag carefully. "If you haven't signed up for a meal plan, I can cover you. I've got lots of extra meals." 

@@Ampharos, Apple Stem sighed as he set his pencil down and glanced at Dust. He looked away and out of a window. "S-So, what school did you go to Dust?" Apple Stem asked not wanting to make this awkward. He still was looking at his hard cover notebook. He was keeping his face away from Dust. "It...It's just a question," Apple Stem added.

Dust thought for a moment. "Where did ah go take school? 'Think it was just some little schoolhouse in Ponyville. Ya ever been ta Ponyville? Nice quaint little place it is there. I was a coal miner there." Dust trailed off there. He knew he had started talking to much after the question he asked. After all, why would you keep talking after answering a question?

"Okay," Psych Ward smiled, feeling a bit better.  "Thanks.  I must have lost some of the paper work."  She quickly finished unpacking, putting a few more books on the shelf, a few more sweaters in the dresser, and a small plush cat on the bed.  She folded the boxes up carefully.

@@Psych Ward,

'Wrong thing to say, wrong thing to say! Good job cinder... First pony you meet is also your roommate and you manage to alienate her the first time you open your mouth.'

She shuffled her hooves and went back to organizing her shelves. The word 'organizing' being used in the broadest possible term - she shifted a couple of items back and forth and placed her books on one of them in a rather sorrowfully small pile. Astoundingly, the books were the only thing not looking completely worn out - most of them had never even been looked at.

"Sorry, didn't mean to... I'll just... shut up now."

Whirl Wake smiled and began looking through his bags. "Yeah, but there is a hefty sum of more stuck-up ponies that could use a talking to." He pulled out a sheet of paper with his name on it. "There it is!" Whirl turned back around and showed it to Inks. "Do you have your schedule with you? Maybe we have some classes together!"

Inks looked in his saddlebag. His horn glowed a dark green and his schedule floated of the bag. He looked at it, showed it to Whirl Wake, and glanced the stallion's paper. "Um, we have science and P.E together. Oh wait we have Phys Ed? That should be fun," Inks said sarcastically. He never was one of the athletic type.

(edited)

@@Ampharos, "Well yes, I live there now, I used to live in Fillydelphia with my sister Red Apple, now I live with my cousin and aunt Apple Bloom, and Applejack," Apple Stem explained as he felt less shy talking to Dust. He knew he would need to get over his shyness with at least Diamond Dust, that is if he was going to not feel awkward while staying here. "So, you were a coal miner," he felt much more glad that he isn't some roommate with some snobby unicorn from Canterlot, or some neat freak earth pony from the Crystal Empire this earth pony from Ponyville is just the right fit.    

Edited by Agent Smith

@@Psych Ward

"Think nothing of it," Light Eye lead the way. "What do you feel like having? We can probably find just about anything around campus if we look hard enough, but if you have a particular style of food in mind, it will make this easier. Also, because there's no way to keep track of how many meals you've had, it makes sense to keep track yourself."

((Friendly reminder that Equestria doesn't have high-tech equipment.))

@,@@InfinityWhale,

"I'm really not too picky," Psych Ward said.  "I'd be fine enough stopping at the first place we saw." 

Nightshade laughed softly.  "Now, why don't we get out of here and get some dinner.  It's getting a bit late isn't it?"

(Why do you say that?  I didn't see anyone trying to use one.)

Inks looked in his saddlebag. His horn glowed a dark green and his schedule floated of the bag. He looked at it, showed it to Whirl Wake, and glanced the stallion's paper. "Um, we have science and P.E together. Oh wait we have Phys Ed? That should be fun," Inks said sarcastically. He never was one of the athletic type.

Whirl Wake noted the sarcasm in Ink's voice and laughed. "Yeah, I never really did exercise much." He flapped his wings and looked at them. "I barely ever use these anyways. I find walking places to be more calm, considering that there isn't air blowing wildly around your head, making it impossible to hear yourself think." He looked at the other pony's horn, smiling. "Lucky you."

@@Psych Ward,

"Sure," Light Eye said, and she lead them out of the dorm and gave a quick look around. "Just looking around, there are so many ponies here. I figure it's because it's just the registration day, but jeez, I wasn't expecting hundreds and hundreds of ponies to be everywhere that you look." She gave a low whistle. "It's quite a sight."

((Just one of my pet peeves, and I figured I'd point it out.)) 

(edited)

The speaker in each room crackled to life.

OKAY STUDENTS IT IS NOW LUNCH TIME. YOU ARE NOW ALLOWED TO LEAVE CAMPUS UNTIL IT IS TIME FOR YOUR NEXT CLASS. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO NEW STUDENTS TODAY, BUT WILL TOMORROW.

The mare's voice trailed off as the speaker was turned off. They weren't very high-tech speakers, and were very loud.

Edited by Ampharos

@@InfinityWhale,

(OKay!  :))

Psych Ward nodded.  She quickly grabbed a couple pills to take with dinner before following her roommate out of the dorm.  "I hope things are a bit more tame when we start classes tomorrow," Psych frowned, looking at all the ponies all over the place. 

@@Psych Ward,

"Are you not good with crowds? You can stick close to me as we brave the maelstrom if you like," Light Eye looked at her in a concerned manner. "I'm sure it will be better tomorrow. Everyone's I'll out and about because of registration today." She pointed to a massive building in the distance. "C'mon, that's the food court. It's not too  far."

(edited)

Whirl Wake noted the sarcasm in Ink's voice and laughed. "Yeah, I never really did exercise much." He flapped his wings and looked at them. "I barely ever use these anyways. I find walking places to be more calm, considering that there isn't air blowing wildly around your head, making it impossible to hear yourself think." He looked at the other pony's horn, smiling. "Lucky you."

At the sound of the speaker, Inks recoiled. "That's loud. I don't know, horns aren't that great. I can levitate stuff, but that's about it. The strongest spell I can use is a teleportation spell, and that strains me. If you want to be good at magic, you have to earn it. Anyway, do you want to ho somewhere to eat? Unless you want to um, go by yourself. I wouldn't mind."

Edited by Ampharos

At the sound of the speaker, Inks recoiled. "That's loud. I don't know, horns aren't that great. I can levitate stuff, but that's about it. The strongest spell I can use is a teleportation spell, and that strains me. If you want to be good at magic, you have to earn it. Anyway, do you want to ho somewhere to eat? Unless you want to um, go by yourself. I wouldn't mind."

Whirl Wake rubbed his ear. "To be honest," He looked out the window. "I have no idea where we're supposed to eat." He put his schedule back into his saddlebag, trotting towards the door. "Maybe we can go ask somepony." Whirl turned the knob with his hoof and held it open for Inks.

@@InfinityWhale,

"Okay," Psych said shakily.  She looked at the building. She could do this.  All she had to do was get to the building then she could get water and food and then she could take her pills and then twenty minutes until sweet relief.  She took a deep breath and nodded. 

@@Psych Ward,

@,

@@Ampharos,

Light Eye was about to surge forth with Psych Ward beside her, but paused when she saw the door open with two ponies inside the room. "Oh, are you two headed out for lunch, too? We were about to go ourselves, but the more the merrier. It's absolute hell out there and the more of us, the easier it will be to keep track of us all."

@Jverne,

@Ampharos,

@@InfinityWhale

Psych Ward glanced at the two other ponies.  They seemed just as lost as they were.  That was a good sign, right?  She kept her eyes moving, not wanting to stare at the same thing for too long and appear crazier than she really was.  That had happened before.

(edited)

"Oh, are you two headed out for lunch, too? We were about to go ourselves, but the more the merrier. It's absolute hell out there and the more of us, the easier it will be to keep track of us all."

Whirl Wake turned to the origin of the voice and saw an orange mare and smiled. "Yeah, we'll come with you." He turned back to Inks and winked at him through the doorway.

@@Ampharos

The shy stallion still inside the room, trying his best to conceal himself from view. "C'mon man, branch out!" He said in a slight whisper, hoping to motivate the pony to make friends in this new and scary place.

Edited by Jverne

@@Psych Ward,

"Uh, sure that sounds like a good idea." Cinder said uneasily, still not sure of herself in present company. "If you want to, I bet everypony else will be heading down there about now too."

She was still a little put out by her first attempt and making small talk crashing and burning so terribly.

(edited)

@@Psych Ward,

@,

@@Ampharos,

Light Eye was about to surge forth with Psych Ward beside her, but paused when she saw the door open with two ponies inside the room. "Oh, are you two headed out for lunch, too? We were about to go ourselves, but the more the merrier. It's absolute hell out there and the more of us, the easier it will be to keep track of us all."

Inks tensed at the sight of the two mares. He forced himself to relax and tipped his hat to the ponies. He slowly walked out of the room. "Um... sure I guess. We don't really know where we're going either. I-if that's okay with you." Inks was nervous around mares. He was attracted to almost every mare he saw and he didn't want to mess up. He tried playing off the nervousness as general shyness, something he did often around mares. Edited by Ampharos

@@Psych Ward,
@,
@@Ampharos,  

((Posting order me, then as follows above?))

"Alright then, sounds lovely," Light eye got the group into one coherent mass, then began walking towards the building in the distance. "Just follow me, I know where we're going. What are your names? In fact, what's everyone's major and plan for the future? I'm Light Eye, here for glassworking, mirrors and windows for you plebians, and I plan to open a shop and become the greatest glassworker in Equestria."