• Holiday Toons
    • Games
  2. 2. Favourite Computer

• Tandy 400
    • Compy 386
    • Lappy 486
    • Compé

(edited)

Since I didn't see one, here's a thread about Homestar Runner! While I know the website hasn't updated for quite a while, I still think it would be nice to have a thread to talk about the good times. You know, like what was your favourite Sbemail, Big Toon, Short, Teen Girl Squad episode and so on. Also, what was the first thing you ever watched from this site? For me, it was the Sbemail, Japanese Cartoon.

Before I forget, I already know about Strong Bad's appearance at W00tstock.

By the way, if you think Homestar Runner seems a little tiny in your 1080p/4k/whatever monitor, I've got a thing that can help!

Chrome extension

Firefox extension

Got a different browser? Well I can't really help there.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™
  • Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

I had a friend who lked Homestar Runner back in the day. I remember watching some of the videos with him. They weren't

all that bad the best things ever. I may have to start watching these  videos again.

There, I fixed it for you. :D

Also, I had a dream that my friend had a Strong Bad pop-up book. It was the book of my dreams.

• Brohoof 2

You know what's funny? For April's Fools Day this year, the Brother Chaps actually made a joke video to reflect the long hiatus the website has had over the last few years. The funny thing is that I'm taking a Physics class and we were starting with Coulomb's law. As soon as I first heard this lecture, I thought of the Strong Bad Email, 4 branches, when Strong Bad brought up how sometimes Homestar does something so stupid that he flips back to smarts.

STRONG BAD: You know how in video games, if you get the super-duper high score, it eventually flips back to zero? Well, sometimes Homestar does something so stupid, he flips back to smart.

{The scoreboard disappears as a dotted line is traced to a picture of Homestar with a graduation cap on. A caption appears under him that says "The joint Sub-Committee On So Stupid It's Smart-ities". Cut to Homestar in the Field atop a soap box with Strong Sad in the foreground. The words "Fourteen Times" are written on the soapbox.}

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Awash with flavor!

STRONG SAD: Uh, okay Homestar. Then what's two plus two?

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Well, {speaking quickly} the force between any two charges is equal to the absolute value of the multiple of the charges— {cut to a closeup; computer-type noises begin playing in the background} —divided by 4 pi times the vacuum permittivity times the distance squared between the two charges.

{Cut to Strong Sad.}

STRONG SAD: No, no, no, stupid! That's Coulomb's law.

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Oh, {cut back to wide shot of Homestar} right, sorry! Two plus two? That's easy. Twenty-two.

Maybe if I didn't take this class at just the right time, I probably wouldn't have return to the website and seen the April's Fools video that satirizes the long hiatus.

And why come not many people are talking about HR anymore? I know the Brothers Chap do no ads and its popularity spread throgh word-of-mouth, but it would be cool if they came back on this. Hmm.. Homestarrunner.com is Flash animated too, just like MLP:FiM...I wonder...

• Brohoof 2

You know what's funny? For April's Fools Day this year, the Brother Chaps actually made a joke video to reflect the long hiatus the website has had over the last few years. The funny thing is that I'm taking a Physics class and we were starting with Coulomb's law. As soon as I first heard this lecture, I thought of the Strong Bad Email, 4 branches, when Strong Bad brought up how sometimes Homestar does something so stupid that he flips back to smarts.

STRONG BAD: You know how in video games, if you get the super-duper high score, it eventually flips back to zero? Well, sometimes Homestar does something so stupid, he flips back to smart.

{The scoreboard disappears as a dotted line is traced to a picture of Homestar with a graduation cap on. A caption appears under him that says "The joint Sub-Committee On So Stupid It's Smart-ities". Cut to Homestar in the Field atop a soap box with Strong Sad in the foreground. The words "Fourteen Times" are written on the soapbox.}

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Awash with flavor!

STRONG SAD: Uh, okay Homestar. Then what's two plus two?

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Well, {speaking quickly} the force between any two charges is equal to the absolute value of the multiple of the charges— {cut to a closeup; computer-type noises begin playing in the background} —divided by 4 pi times the vacuum permittivity times the distance squared between the two charges.

{Cut to Strong Sad.}

STRONG SAD: No, no, no, stupid! That's Coulomb's law.

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Oh, {cut back to wide shot of Homestar} right, sorry! Two plus two? That's easy. Twenty-two.

Maybe if I didn't take this class at just the right time, I probably wouldn't have return to the website and seen the April's Fools video that satirizes the long hiatus.

And why come not many people are talking about HR anymore? I know the Brothers Chap do no ads and its popularity spread throgh word-of-mouth, but it would be cool if they came back on this. Hmm.. Homestarrunner.com is Flash animated too, just like MLP:FiM...I wonder...

I knew exactly what you were gonna refer to as soon as I read "Coulomb's Law". :D

And yeah, I saw that video the next day. Near 'bout had a heart attack when I did my regular check-up-on-homestarrunner.com-to-once-again-be-disappointed-at-the-fact-that-they-still-haven't-updated-it-in-years only to find that there was actually something new. Needless to say, I was perplexed and intriguéd. Didn't dawn on me until later that it was April Fools.

Furthermore, I also stumbled across the update due to something totally random that happened to remind me of something on the site. I was reading a textbook, and it quoted They Might Be Giants' "Experimental Film", which I then went to watch, only to discover something else entirely.

One thing I love so much about the site is that there are references and jokes in some of the cartoons that I still get for the first time even now. Like just last night, I watched Senior Prom, and when SB said at the end that he was going to take Deleliah to "see David Copafeel perform", I was all like http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackSS.png

Edited by Henny Penny Benny

I was pretty happy to see them have that small update. From what I understand, the creators have moved on to doing other animation work for large studios, so they're definitely not just flipping burgers for a living now.

I have a DVD of E-mails 0-100, and at some point I might look back through a bunch of them.

• Brohoof 2

WTC?! Sewiously, how did this thread not get any replies?

Well hang on to your sweaty, MandoPony-playing headsets, MLPF, 'cause Henny Penny Benny's 'bout to do som' 'bou dis!

I know, right? I almost thought this thread would never get a reply!

I was pretty happy to see them have that small update. From what I understand, the creators have moved on to doing other animation work for large studios, so they're definitely not just flipping burgers for a living now.

I have a DVD of E-mails 0-100, and at some point I might look back through a bunch of them.

I gots all the Sbemail DVDs! Plus those "Everything Else" ones.

So I guess replies in this thread means I can now post this, that April Fools cartoon has to be the best thing that came out of that day this year!

• Brohoof 1

Too bad it'll probably never lead to anything more than an April Fools Day joke, though. :(

I'd rather see it as proof they haven't abandoned the website completely (other than the fact they have to renew the domain every year). Anyway, the still owe us that Sbemail they promised over Twitter.

(edited)

Say what now? How am I not aware of— oh, right, I never go on Twitter.

Matt Chapman had one, but then he closed it for some reason. You can find stuff he Tweeted on the HRWiki though.

Edited by Mr. Nutt™
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Alwiiiiight!

I read that a few days ago. I'm so excited!

I listened to the podcast when I noticed HRWiki posting a link to it. Not sure why I took so long to post about it here.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know what's funny? Well First of all, I knew what a theremin was before seeing Rainbow Rocks, because I saw one being used in the 3rd episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People titled Baddest of the Bands, which was released October 2008 and was about Strong Bad throwing a battle of the bands to raise money to fix his outdated video game system.

Second and my main point, I recently replayed that episode for the first time in a while and I re-discovered this:

Early on, Strong Bad can talk to Strong Sad about how he's going to put on a battle of the bands and this conversation happened:

Strong Bad: ...Strong Bad organizes a legendary battle royale of the bands!

Strong Sad: No, you're not!

Strong Bad: No, really! It will have security and celebrity judges and everything!

Strong Sad: (seeing a opportunity to trick SB) And Ponies?

Strong Bad: Yeah, and ponies! I-wait, awwww....

Strong Sad: Heh, Heh.

Did you see that? That was back in 2008 and here we are 6 years later, and now with Rainbow Rocks, we got something about a battle of the bands with ponies included (though only for 5 minutes, but still)

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry I took so long to post this, but it seems we're getting another children's book from Strong Bad!... In Summer. Though it seems they're doing this one for a charity.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...