Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will history repeat itself on the show?

sampsoninc916

I can't get enough of "Apples to the Core" but the animatic segment featuring Twilight and Luna has me going about in my mind in questions. Simply put, Luna turns into Nightmare Moon again out of pure envy and jealousy. Does this mean she will have to get banished to the moon again for another 1000 years? Also, William and Kate had their royal baby, and it's a boy. Does this mean there will be a baby shower two parter and Shining Armor and Princess Celestia hitting Twilight in the face repeatedly till the blood spills on the ground, then both of them completely disowning her and then Queen Chrysalis comes back and kills Princess Celestia for real this time and abducts the royal baby? What I mean is, will history repeat itself in the 4th season, and was Twilight's lessons about friendship ever since Nightmare Moon were all for nothing since Luna turns into Nightmare Moon again and gets banished to the moon AGAIN?! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN!! Sorry, made a Hangover II quote to get out my point, which is, back in the old days of making sequels to movies, you would just simply repeat the plot of the first movie, but change a few things like oh, say, the location. This Die Hard is different because it's in Washington D.C. This Home Alone is new because it's in New York. This Teen Wolf is about boxing, and so forth. Hangover II did the exact same thing. Will the Season 4 pilot do the same thing? Man, I can imagine Twilight saying something like, "Man, I cannot f***ing believe this. The same villain. The same method of defeating her. How can the same s**t happen to the same pony twice?!" If this quote sounds familiar, then that's because it's from Die Hard 2. Does this turn of events mean Nightmare Moon will be on the moon for another 1000 years? All I think she will hear is,

Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like on

Jupiter and Mars

In other words, I love you.

What are your views on this. Will the show really repeat its own plots or something like a terrible movie sequel?

Nightmare Moon isn't coming back, it's Twilight who ends up 1000 years ago. We don't know yet if it's just a vision or dream where Twilight is seeing things from Celestia's eyes, or if it involves time travel.

• Brohoof 1

aces-death.jpg

I would love it if This happens on the show. Sombra returns and kills Shining Armor right in front of Princess Twilight. and says it was for justice

But still, the words of that Frank Sinatra song are classic. They even played the song on the Apollo 11 mission. It would really be a jumping the shark moment if the Apollo 11 module landed on the moon where Twilight and her friends got banished to and then Neil Armstrong just helps them get back to Equestria. I threw that idea out the window, because its too stupid.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I do believe that Nightmare Moon is coming back, not because of the animatic, but because of Luna being an attractive, jealous mare. Okay, maybe not because of that, but I think she's coming back because think about it, all the recent big events were solved by Twilight. I'M BAAAACKKK! Send Twilight. OMG DISCORD'S BACK! Send Twilight. CHANGELINGS EVERYWHERE! Send Twilight. THE EMPIRE NEEDS SAVING! Send Twilight. STUPID SPELL IS NOT SOLVED! Send Twilight. Notice a pattern? Who's not to say that Luna is a bit jealous? I think we will see the return in time. 

History might be able to repeat itself in the show, because in history we are usually doomed to repeat it. So, it could be possible if events that happened before in the show start to repeat.

(edited)

As @@Fluttermena, already mentioned, the most poular theory right now is that it is just the initial rise of Nightmare Moon from Celestia's point of view, not a new transformation. Listen exactly to what Twilight says and watch how she acts. She is confused. She thought that Celestia and Luna would be with her. And that Luna adresses her with something like "the busk of your light". Sounds like describing Celestia to me.

We don't know how it happens, but it is either a weird kind of time travel, or Celestia's memories implanted into Twilight's head.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

(edited)

I highly doubt it is the return of Nightmare Moon, and this is why.

As it's been mentioned above, BronyCurious pretty much hits my take on it spot on. It wouldn't make much sense if it WAS the return of NIghtmare Moon.

The context the lines are presented in wouldn't make sense if she was talking to Twilight.

"Not another step. Did you really expect me to sit idly by while they all bask in your precious light? There can only be one Princess in Equestria! And that Princess will be ME!"

"Precious light" is obviously referring to Celestia. And if she WAS talking to Twi, "there can only be one Princess in Equestria" wouldn't make much sense either. Where would that leave Celestia, and Cadance?

Adding to the fact that the first thing Twilight says is "Where am I?" indicates that they AREN'T in Canterlot, and are most likely in the castle in Everfree before it was abandoned and fell apart, which would've been those 1000 years ago.

Plus it was stated by a writer that we'd get more backstory to the history of Equestria, this fits in perfectly with that.

I think of it like the memory pool thing from Harry Potter. Celestia is probably projecting Twi her memory of what happened, or Twilight is seeing what happened through Celestia's eyes.

It wouldn't make sense if it was the return.

Sure, Luna is still a bit neglected, but no one hates her. She has Celestia, Cadance, and even the mane 6.

She may be a bit jealous, but not enough to transform into Nightmare Moon a second time.

I also highly doubt that Chrysalis or Sombra will be returning. They're already showing us the history of Nightmare Moon, I don't think they'd recycle old villians like that, especially since Chyrsalis can easily be defeated, and Sombra was destroyed.

Edited by Princess Nightingale

I can't get enough of "Apples to the Core" but the animatic segment featuring Twilight and Luna has me going about in my mind in questions. Simply put, Luna turns into Nightmare Moon again out of pure envy and jealousy. Does this mean she will have to get banished to the moon again for another 1000 years? Also, William and Kate had their royal baby, and it's a boy. Does this mean there will be a baby shower two parter and Shining Armor and Princess Celestia hitting Twilight in the face repeatedly till the blood spills on the ground, then both of them completely disowning her and then Queen Chrysalis comes back and kills Princess Celestia for real this time and abducts the royal baby? What I mean is, will history repeat itself in the 4th season, and was Twilight's lessons about friendship ever since Nightmare Moon were all for nothing since Luna turns into Nightmare Moon again and gets banished to the moon AGAIN?! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN!! Sorry, made a Hangover II quote to get out my point, which is, back in the old days of making sequels to movies, you would just simply repeat the plot of the first movie, but change a few things like oh, say, the location. This Die Hard is different because it's in Washington D.C. This Home Alone is new because it's in New York. This Teen Wolf is about boxing, and so forth. Hangover II did the exact same thing. Will the Season 4 pilot do the same thing? Man, I can imagine Twilight saying something like, "Man, I cannot f***ing believe this. The same villain. The same method of defeating her. How can the same s**t happen to the same pony twice?!" If this quote sounds familiar, then that's because it's from Die Hard 2. Does this turn of events mean Nightmare Moon will be on the moon for another 1000 years? All I think she will hear is,

Fly me to the moon

Let me play among the stars

Let me see what spring is like on

Jupiter and Mars

In other words, I love you.

What are your views on this. Will the show really repeat its own plots or something like a terrible movie sequel?

I think some mishap with the crown happens in a similar matter to Equestria Girls. One morning when Twilight is preparing herself for the day, and she puts on the crown, and the crown creates a similar purple beam to the one that

transformed Sunset Shimmer into Sunset Satan,

sending her to the past. I think this was because a new villain corrupted the crown because he/she wants ponies to be sent to the past to witness horrible events. Or maybe this is like Puella Magi Madoka Magica where Twilight travels to different alternate universe timelines.