private Ambidex Game. RP

Midnight Blade

Stephan looked over the set up senarios and looked at Day. "My best bet would probably be going with Midnight and Grand. Since I've known Grand for a bit, we could probably set up a plan." Stephan then looked at Grand and Midnight. "You guy's alright with that?"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't really have a problem with that. But the others would have to agree with it too."

There wasn't much time before the doors closed so they had to decide quickly.

"It'd mean we'll have to go through the magenta door. Does anyone have a problem with option three?"

"I don't really mind going through the yellow door. Whatever gets us moving along works for me. I'd prefer not to be on this side of the doors when they close. Dying wasn't on my list of things to today." Day looked at the to ponies with the watches with green text and read 'pair'. They had been quiet throughout everything that had happened.

"What colour door we go through isn't much of a concern to me. What is of concern to me, is going through one. Death isn't on my itinerary, let's get on with this." Nova said, and went to stand in front of the opening of the cyan door. He then turned his head to Blazing. "Let's go Blazing, while we're still alive."

Darkshift tried to think logically and when he stared at the three doors he remembered a math problem.It was something about you close a door and then the show host selects another door which was false then he asks you to change or keep the same but you always keep the same because there's a 66% chance that the prize is through the door you originally chose.He knew that problem wasn't going to matter though.

Grand nodded. "Alright you two, the magenta door. Blue and red make magenta, so that's where we'll go. "Grand said before taking a deep breath and slowly opening the door. "Gentlemen?" She said, gesturing for them to follow her. "I'll go first, just have my back" she said before walking through

@@Grand_Finale

Stephan nodded. "Can do, Grand. Stephan made sure he stayed close to Grand, as well as Midnight. He felt confident about this little challenge Zero has set upon them. "C'mon, Midnight. Let's show this sucker what we're made of!" Stephan and Midnight then walked through the door with Grand.

"Alright let's get moving green pair. The sooner we get this over with the sooner we can get out of this place." Day moved through the Yellow Door and motioned for the other two to follow him. The door led into a long empty hallway. He couldn't see the end it was so long. 

Edited by Jble

"Alright in we go then."

Just when everypony got in their doors they closed.

Behind the magenta door was a weird room. the door before it said "Holographic Zoo." It was full of miniature displays of all kinds of animals. They were behaving just like they normally would. Only thing was that they were fake.

There was a table in the corner of the room and a safe was directly under it. On the table was a note which displayed two algebra problems. 60=2A×2.5 9= 2X×5

When midnight took a closer look at the safe he found that it said AAXX.

Behind the cyan door was an office. Nothing too big or fancy. On a table in the middle of the room was a piece of paper with a safe under the table too.

But unlike the magenta door there were other algebra problems written on them. 5= 3A×15 8= 5X×2.

And finally behind the yellow door there was a cafetaria. It seemed out of place because it was made out of wood, unlike the warehouse the ponies were just in. The safe was on the bar with a piece of paper right next to it. 12= 5A×3 24= 4X×4 was what it said.

((OOC quick thing, please explore the room a bit before finding the safe and paper.))

Stephan walked around the room and saw the holograms of the animals. "Heheh. Aren't they just adorable." Stephan walked through and he was seeing animals of all shapes and sizes. Rabbits, Ducks, the whole shabang. He kept in mind that they were holograms, which made him a tad suspicious.

Cleo raised her eyebrows where she walked through the door. Why the heck are we in an office? Who would even build one here? One quick glance told her that there was no windows. Obviously. What else was I expecting? 

She sat down in front of the table on the chair. Cleo barely resisted the urge to spin on it. Only then she noticed the paper.

" What's this?" She thought aloud. Is there something else I'm supposed to find?

Nova walked into the office and had a look around. There wasn't much to be said for it. No windows, one table and a chair. He headed over to the table and noticed some paper on it, and a safe below it. He glanced at the papers and answered Cleo. "Algebra questions." These seem easy enough, he thought to himself. "Alright...anypony else wanna give these questions a try?" he asked.

Grand glared at the animals. "This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever been in! I can't believe we could die doing this! I didn't sign up for this" she said angrily, stomping around the zoo. She walked right over the paper before stopping and picking it up. "Ugh, a math question? What is this, high school?" She said, slamming it down on a nearby bench. "I'm no mathematician"

@@Grand_Finale,

Stephan picked up the question and examined it. "Algebra? What kind of game is this?" Stephan had seen everything now. He wakes up in an elevator, and now he feels like he's back in school. "Well, I guess we have to answer it. It's probably the only way we'll escape with our skin intact."

"Seems like we have to put the anwsers in the safe. Well, they don't seem that hard so I guess I'll look around the room to try to find something that may be of use later on."

((OOC quick thing, I won't be posting a lot until friday. Busy with real life stuff. I'll still be checking and posting daily, just less than normal.))

"Sweetness a Cafeteria! I was starting to get hungry." Day began looking through the cabinets for food. After finding a few apples he set them out on the counter so he could look for something to drink, too. That's when he noticed something across the room sitting on the bar. "Hello, what have we here?" Day approached it and recognized the safe on the bar and next to it was a piece of paper with a math problem on it. "More math? jeez I wish we could have had a study guide before getting abducted."

"Alright...anypony else wanna give these questions a try?" he asked.

Cleo looked at the paper. It's been so long since I've had to solve something like this... She tapped a hoof against her chin, deep in thought. We're probably supposed to solve for A, but I'm probably wrong. That'll make... Hmm...

I'm guessing that the first number is nine." As she said this, she accidentally kicked her hoof against the safe which was under the table. " Ow." Cleo looked under the table to find the safe. Guess we enter the numbers into it? Do we roll the wheel until we find nine? 

Stephan paced around the room for a bit, trying to figure out all of this. None of this really added up to him. First, he got stuck in an elevator with a pony he didn't even know, now he's in a holographic zoo with an algebra question. What kind of game was this? He looked around the room with Midnight to search for something useful.

Looking around the room wasn't very useful. There was a lot of technology Midnight didn't quite get, after all he used magic a lot which he mostly couldn't anymore.

"Damned poison." He softly said. "Can't even use my magic anymore. Oh, Zero when I get my hoofs on you.

Stephan sighed and walked back to the bench. "This is hopeless. We're never going to find anything if we keep moving around like this." He saw the algebraic expression next to him and picked it up. He looked over it. "If we want to get out of here, we need to figure this out."

"What an annoyance, hope the others have it easier." Midnight said after checking the control panel.

Why were they even forced to play a game like this? Was it because some rich pony was bored or something like that? An experiment by the government? Was it some kind of test?

Cleo looked at the paper. It's been so long since I've had to solve something like this... She tapped a hoof against her chin, deep in thought. We're probably supposed to solve for A, but I'm probably wrong. That'll make... Hmm...

I'm guessing that the first number is nine." As she said this, she accidentally kicked her hoof against the safe which was under the table. " Ow." Cleo looked under the table to find the safe. Guess we enter the numbers into it? Do we roll the wheel until we find nine?

"I'm pretty sure the answer to the first question is 0.11. if you try to plug nine back into that equation it doesn't work out, three times nine times fifteen doesn't equal five, but 0.11 does. Have a go at the next one. I don't know how we're gonna put 0.11 into the safe though..." 

@@GeneralDirection,

" I was never good at math." Cleo grumbled, sitting back in the chair. After some thought, Cleo had the answer. " 0.8? Dang it, I never knew that I'd actually need math in my life!" She exclaimed,  waving her hooves around in frustration. 

(I honestly don't really know how to solve it myself. I'm basically finding X, but I'm not sure if that's how you're supposed to do it...)

@@GeneralDirection,

" I was never good at math." Cleo grumbled, sitting back in the chair. After some thought, Cleo had the answer. " 0.8? Dang it, I never knew that I'd actually need math in my life!" She exclaimed,  waving her hooves around in frustration. 

(I honestly don't really know how to solve it myself. I'm basically finding X, but I'm not sure if that's how you're supposed to do it...)

Nova nodded his head and smiled. "Yep, 0.8 is correct. Nice job. You probably would never use this in life, but how many people plan on being captured by a crazy tiger? Not many I assume. Now about putting the answers into the safe...would it be 1108...0108...I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if anything will happen if we get it wrong."

Stephan looked over the problem for awhile and looked carefully at the numbers. " 60=2A×2.5 9" Stephan thought. He decided to focus on one step at a time. He thought about it for a minute, then a burst of genius. Came from his mind. "I got it! The A in this equals 11.5830 !"