Other girly things you like.

Hangman

20 minutes ago, lunarwing said:

I guess due to the colors and gender norms, things like MLP are perceived as girly but there's a good reason it has amassed the fan base it has and that's a story/world that appeals to so many. I wish so many things weren't judged so harshly and I know that opinion towards gender norms is more progressive than it has been in the past. They seem to be heading in a positive direction to allow people freedom to just be people regardless of what they like. When I was younger there wasn't a Barbie or baby doll in sight. It just didn't interest me in any way. I was more into traditionally ''masculine". I like pastels. I like dreamy vibes and fantasy. Any kind of animation like MLP? fantasy and powers? Sign me up. But I also love gaming, shounen anime, and horror stories. 

Happy Tree Friends is way over the top but I think they need the pastel dream world aesthetic with cynical realism, adult themes, mild violence, infused with these interpersonal struggles that people see as "slice of life" so often, that need to be equated In a world we're all living in, "drawn together" kind of reminds you that all of these characters come back to "origin sociology" or behaviors that are just sandboxed in human interactions

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Mightyena said:

Happy Tree Friends is way over the top but I think they need the pastel dream world aesthetic with cynical realism, adult themes, mild violence, infused with these interpersonal struggles that people see as "slice of life" so often, that need to be equated In a world we're all living in, "drawn together" kind of reminds you that all of these characters come back to "origin sociology" or behaviors that are just sandboxed in human interactions

FACTS. But people are still incredibly judgemental and things so frequently fall into a box creating a perceived dichotomy, despite 99% of it being a shared human experience. 

• Brohoof 1

Untitled.jpg.fb121d0049b3faf6b769d02105f3a609.jpg

⋆.˚⟡ Know that your time is coming soon. As the sun rises, so does the moon.  As love finds a place in every heart: You are a princess, you'll play your part. ⋆.˚⟡

Moments ago, lunarwing said:

FACTS. But people are still incredibly judgemental and things so frequently fall into a box creating a perceived dichotomy, despite 99% of it being a shared human experience. 

People think talking about how athletic grown men are on steroids is masculine and that fantasizing over cartoon women is feminine, it's an abstract world you live in isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Mightyena said:

People think talking about how athletic grown men are on steroids is masculine and that fantasizing over cartoon women is feminine, it's an abstract world you live in isn't it?

I don't make the rules, unfortunately. I just go here. :jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 1

Untitled.jpg.fb121d0049b3faf6b769d02105f3a609.jpg

⋆.˚⟡ Know that your time is coming soon. As the sun rises, so does the moon.  As love finds a place in every heart: You are a princess, you'll play your part. ⋆.˚⟡

1 hour ago, lunarwing said:

For what it's worth, as I've made threads like this on other forums, it's not so much buying into societal belief that hobbies and careers originally limit to a gender should be gender specific.

Just that it's a matter of articulating the topic and sharing our willingness to let go of such concerns.