Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

well what about twilights parents? hm hm...

Loony Luna <3

i mean her dad has a moon on it and i mean come on her parents must rule over SOMETHING if she becomes a princess. if your a princess you gotta have a king and a queen am i right??? so maybe just maybe her parents rule over a kingdom too :OOO or not idk i wanna hear ur opinios. i know this might sound stupid but its just a thought i mean maybe we'll learn about twilights parents soon in later episodes

Edited by Loony Luna <3

That is a good question. We don't know much about Twilight's parents besides, being able to have her learn at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and attending Shining Armor's wedding. For now, we don't know. Maybe they will have that scenario in the comics or better yet in Season 4.

Remember it is a cartoon originally invented for children!!!!!!

The reason she became princess wasn't because of blood but attitude and ability.Its like she was being knighted but instead being a princess.

I assume her parents have jobs in something.  She may be upper class since I assume it's not free to send someone to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, though maybe there is no entry fee or fee charged if they get in since Celestia would rather they be taught and not care about money.  They may be also middle class in Canterlot. 

I wondered this too. Sure, it may be applying human ways into a magical pony world, but then again, Equestria does seem to operate much like a human civilization would (just with ponies) and not some weird too alien-ish culture with wildly different ruling expectations.

I do hope they'll explore her past and maybe reveal some [legit] reasons she became a Princess, since that does imply coming from a Royal Family. And speaking of which, why is princess the highest rank? Shouldn't there be a Queen above or having come before Celestia? xD

But then again, that's just overthinking it lol.

I assume her parents have jobs in something.  She may be upper class since I assume it's not free to send someone to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, though maybe there is no entry fee or fee charged if they get in since Celestia would rather they be taught and not care about money.  They may be also middle class in Canterlot. 

I was just thinking the same thing. They must have some inprotent role in canterlot like fance pants, but then twilight might have been more like rarity being infuensed by other upper class ponies.

i mean her dad has a moon on it and i mean come on her parents must rule over SOMETHING if she becomes a princess. if your a princess you gotta have a king and a queen am i right??? so maybe just maybe her parents rule over a kingdom too :OOO or not idk i wanna hear ur opinios. i know this might sound stupid but its just a thought i mean maybe we'll learn about twilights parents soon in later episodes

While I imagine Twilight's parents have a role of importance in Canterlot, there's no reason that they would rule over anything. The Princesses, from what we've seen so far, appear to be the primary rulers of Equestria, so there's no need for Kings or Queens. The only king we've seen was Sombra, and I got the impression that he became the King through a hostile takeover.

I think I read somewhere that Lauren Faust did want Celstia to be a queen but Hasbro said no.  If I recall correctly its due to the fact that Disney has made queens seem to be evil and princesses being good.  Not sure if I'm recallling correctly or not.

Most likely Twilights parents are not from any type of royalty or due that much important work in Canterlot. To what we've seen Twilight was not shown any of the same kind of respect that Celestia gets.

Also if we look at the MLP game, it's say's Twilight's mom is a story writer. As for her dad, most likely he has no power over the moon or starts. Most likely he was a astronomer. Someone who watches the stars and planets. Seeing as Twilight knows how to use one well and most likely got it from learned from him.

Hmm, I guess you're right. Her father has a moon for a cutie mark, and her mother has stars.

Twilight_Sparkle_parents_S1E23.png

However, stars usually symbolize magic of some sort, so Twilight's mom could just teach magic or something like that. Maybe her dad teaches about constellations? Maybe Twilight will explain.