Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First introductions and a bit about myself :3

Quilled Inc

Greetings all!

This is the first forum in a while that I have not used the name 'Eirreann' for myself, because I felt like using a more pony-esque name, "Silver Quill", would suite better.  So hello, my name in Silver Quill (Silver for short).

So yeah, this last month has been quite the revelation for me.  My cousin, whom I play computer games with on a regular basis, has been trying to get me into My Little Pony for several years now, but only this last month did I finally take the plunge and start watching the show.  It came at an opportune time, too, because I have been working under a lot of stress to get into a good university and survive my first few weeks of classes there (at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio, now).  While at first I was sceptical (of course), by the end of the first season I just couldn't get enough of the show.  Not only have I been somewhat obsessed, but the show has really helped me handle all this crap and stress that has been going on, constantly giving me something to look forward to and reminding me that the world isn't always as chaotic or unforgiving as it seems.

On Saturday last week I watched the final episode of the show on Netflix, the finale to Season 3.  Between then and today I've had this  awful feeling in my gut... let's call it 'post-pony depression', shall we?  Now I just can't seem to operate without some kind of My Little Pony activity present in my life; sad, I know!

Fortunately on Sunday I was given the chance to attend Cincinnati's Comic Con, where Katie Cook, Andy Price, and Bobby Curnow (the writers and artists of the comic books) held a panel.  From that I discovered the comics, which I must say, are pretty amazing!  They do great justice to the show (plus the myriad of references that Katie Cook includes in the strips are hilarious and fun to spot!)  and even more recently I discovered the Equestria Girls movie which I have been watching bit by bit in my spare time.

However, something else has been nagging at me.  Whenever I grow to really like something, I feel the overwhelming need to share my love for whatever it is with other people (such as with my obsession with Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, etc...) however with MLP I couldn't share it with any of my friends, most of which have quite vocally spoken against the whole 'Brony thing'.

And so, thanks to the wonderful powers of Google, I found this website, and I am very eagre to get to know the community here and share my love for the show with others!  Who knows?  Maybe one of these days you guys can help me write a fan fic!   :lol:

~Silver Quill

• Brohoof 1

Powers of Google, we meet again. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums Silver Quill! That's quite nice introduction you got there. It's sad how you didn't try it out earlier, because you have missed a lot! But better late than never, right? I hope you will enjoy your stay here on the forums. Your needs for discussing pony will not be a problem anymore, plus, if you feel like doing so, we got sections where you can discuss other movies and books etc, as your other favorites, Harry Potter, LotR and Doctor Who. I'm also a fan of LotR by the way!

See you around :)

Powers of Google, we meet again. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums Silver Quill! That's quite nice introduction you got there. It's sad how you didn't try it out earlier, because you have missed a lot! But better late than never, right? I hope you will enjoy your stay here on the forums. Your needs for discussing pony will not be a problem anymore, plus, if you feel like doing so, we got sections where you can discuss other movies and books etc, as your other favorites, Harry Potter, LotR and Doctor Who. I'm also a fan of LotR by the way!

See you around :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Yeah, only now do I realise how much I missed; I'm almost sad that I wasn't there to be a part of the discussion surrounding the controversy of the new Alicorn Twilight development, but ah well.  Now I'm here and I'm not going anywhere any time soon XD

EDIT: And apparently now I'm a Derp- I mean, a muffin -_-

Edited by SilverQuill