Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Northern Odyssey

Steel Accord

@,

Well look at it this way. You and Applejack have even more in common! :squee:  

*slap*

I deserve that.  >_>

Seriously though, you've been plenty helpful. A leader when DJ wasn't around, and your speed was of great use whenever somepony was in trouble.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Well look at it this way. You and Applejack have even more in common! :squee:

*slap*

I deserve that. >_>

Seriously though, you've been plenty helpful. A leader when DJ wasn't around, and your speed was of great use whenever somepony was in trouble.

He's her love interest after all

Still I feel as if it's all been overlooked to tell you the truth

• Brohoof 1

@,

Well to be honest, I haven't really known how to play it. I've been trying to just keep the story moving forward. As I said, only a few ponies have been given some real story significance. That's kind of the point of the Odyssey though. Both the original and our own versions. The focus isn't on how the leads grow and change so much as it is on the external journey. We travel throughout these regions and are hindered and helped along the way by various cultures and characters.

• Brohoof 2

@@Pripyat Pony

That is awesome~

North: "Who is Spike? A dog?"

That . . . was . . . . brilliant! Tell me I'm not the only one who sang his/her part?! 

I didn't get a part... But I don't mind - for I can't sing, I can't dance~

Say aye if you agree. 

Yar. I mean aye.

Edited by Zhooves
  • Brohoof 2

Thanks everypony! XD I stayed up late to finish the pic, as inspiration struck and you know what happens when that happens... :P

Btw if you have a dA, please comment on the pic.

Also, I actually sang it all the way thru once I'd worked out the lyrics, then imagined what an animated version would look like. XD Can you just see the ponies struggling with their new cutie marks and getting all in knots, and Clover looking on aghast?

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Budding Night

@Steel Accord

@Sterling Crimson

@Zhooves

@PinkieShyFlutterPie

@Pripyat Pony

Alright before I get to bed, I'm just gonna write this up quickly. I want 100% honest answers, as telling me that I'm doing well even if I'm not will only make me feel remorseful. And please be completely honest when I ask this- what do you guys think of me as a roleplayer? My confidence in RPing has slowly been deteriorating, and therefore, so have my capabilities as an RPer. I feel like I am not very good at this, and I have been considering just quitting roleplays forever.

@,

You're fine when you have material to work with. Many times you try to evoke a scene or create drama when it would be better to just let what's happening play out.

Like the time in Raven's factory when you gave his guards assault rifles and yourself Raiden's katana? Completely clashed with the steampunk feel DJ set up.

However, when we were fighting the dragon in the Labyrinth, you flew around to distract it, allowing me to deliver the killing blow. In addition, you lead the second group when we split up I believe. You also were right beside me, Clover, and DJ when we fought Raven.

In a word, go with the flow. You don't have to be a superstar to be a good role-player. Underplay, and knowing when to act, make a far more interesting character than one with no stop button.

• Brohoof 3

Sorry to say, my dear friends, but I think we're dead.

NO WE ARE NOT!

Look, I'm sorry, I haven't updated the thread, I've been really busy with college stuff.

I'll get back to it by tomorrow, I can promise you that.

@@Zhooves,

Thanks for the spirit and the post buddy, try and get the others to post when they get the chance as well. I'm getting us to the end of this journey at least if I have to narratively drag us through the tundra, Sam and Frodo style!

We owe DJ that much at least.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back guys!

At last, our glorious leader has returned to us!

Thank you for posting, I will get back to responding today or tomorrow. I'll work to speed us toward the end of this journey in preparation for DJ's ultimate design!

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys, just posted the update for the story.

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for sticking with me. I know we've all been through much in our own lives and that I was a poor substitute for DJ. But I've tried the best I could in honor of that one in a million magic we had that first time.

May I ask for your help though my friends? I'm picking up on writing my first fanfiction and could use some tips.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/92982-tcb-writing-tips/

• Brohoof 1