Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite pony plush-dolls (if not Funrise for being show-inaccurate)

Commander_PonyShep

18 users have voted

1. 1. Which plush dolls do you prefer?

• Build-a-Bear
    • Aurora World
    • 4th Dimension
    • Other (specify)

Right now, I only own the Funrise plush-dolls, which unfortunately do not qualify because of how inaccurate they are to the characters on the show.

However, if I have to pick which plush-dolls I'd like to purchase on Amazon that do qualify, it would most likely be the Build-a-Bear Workshop plush-dolls.  Currently, 4th Dimension and Aurora World are only selling Unicorn Twilight Sparkle, but not Alicorn Twilight Sparkle.  Build-a-Bear, on the other hand, is selling Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle dolls just to catch-up with the Alicorn Twilight we're receiving right now in the MLP show.

That, and those plush-dolls are 16-inches, compared to the Aurora World and 4th Dimension plush-dolls being a mere 10-inches, which makes the former larger than the latter.

I really like the 4th Dimension plushies but I got myself a Twilight Sparkle Unicorn plush from Nici.

I think they did an equally good job plus they ship from Germany (aka I can actually get them shipped to Italy).

You should check them out, they are really nice, my BF got himself a rainbow dash plush which is adorable! Plus they come in 3 different sizes (20,30 and 50 cm).

NICI_Twilight.jpg

Edited by Aisling Ink

I really like the build a bear ones , I especially excited because fluttershy is coming out next month! One of my favorite things about them is that you can buy very well done dresses/outfits for them based on show outfits, which none of the other plushes have. Then again I"m a huge build a bear fan anyway. Plus spike! 

I bought a sound chip thing so that I can record fluttershy saying "yay!" to put in my build a bear fluttershy . I think the sound chips , although short are another cool option that only build a bear has.

I'm really like the 4DE because my twilight just looks so good, but I also like the build a bear too. I'm definetely going to be getting fluttershy especially since she's being released 2 days after my birthday.

Noi build a bears anywhere near here. (not sure if they're even in Canada) but the 4DE ones look pretty good. I'd really like to pickup a Fluttershy that I can cuddle with.

Other then that, I have a funrise PInkie one that sits right here on my computer desk.and a handmade Fluttershy(12'') and a Handmade Derpy.(20'') both of which I got on eBay.  really good quality,embroidered eyes and cutie marks....and Derpy is so huggable and cuddly. e9FkmL5.png  <3

Noi build a bears anywhere near here. (not sure if they're even in Canada) but the 4DE ones look pretty good. I'd really like to pickup a Fluttershy that I can cuddle with.

Other then that, I have a funrise PInkie one that sits right here on my computer desk.and a handmade Fluttershy(12'') and a Handmade Derpy.(20'') both of which I got on eBay.  really good quality,embroidered eyes and cutie marks....and Derpy is so huggable and cuddly. img-1940928-1-e9FkmL5.png  <3

They are in Canada and you can order build a bears online as well.   I"m super excited for fluttershy to come out at build a bear. My twilight , rainbow  dash and pinkie pie from there are super huggable <3

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow, for some unknown reason, the Aurora World plush-dolls aren't receiving any love.  I mean, they're show accurate, like most of the other plush-dolls not made by Funrise, right?

I love mine but I could see people not liking them because the metallic color/glitter on parts of them. Like rainbow dash's mane being partial shiny fabric

I have the Twilight Build-A-Bear and she is adorable and soft and beautiful. I just don't really like the brushable hair, but that's just me. I'm patiently waiting for my Pinkie Pie that I pre-ordered from 4DE, but I'm so excited :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Pinkie Pie from Build a bear in yesterday, and its awesome smile.png

I have each of the avail BaB ones so far (Twilight, Rainbow, and Pinkie.) and IMO they're pretty well done in all regards. 

Even with the doll hair they look spectacular, and Have Twilights mane done in 2 parts so she has the off the side of her neck, and straight off her head parts.

And TBH I prefer the doll hair over the plush hair, or fabric strands hair.

Only down side is the same issue as anything with synthetic hair. The ends damage easily, so combing/brushing can be bad for them in excess.
There are a few ways to fix this (Best technically is a trim, but thats not recommended tongue.png )

The dresses they have aren't half bad for them either, just lacking accurate shoes.

And they have a new sound bite thing for Fluttershy when she releases next week smile.png can't wait!

Edited by GrimCW

I just bought the beanie baby ones today , they're super soft and nice. I think they did a nice job on the styling of the hair and stuff as well. Although I bought them at the zoo so they were kind of marked up in price.grr

oooh almost forgot about those!

I got the RD one and TBH its almost identical quality to the BaB ones, and use the doll hair too.

Except the wings on RD are better by a long shot.

TBH they have better noses too :P

Extremely good for how small they are!

oooh almost forgot about those!

I got the RD one and TBH its almost identical quality to the BaB ones, and use the doll hair too.

Except the wings on RD are better by a long shot.

TBH they have better noses too tongue.png

Extremely good for how small they are!

Yeah  to be honest I wasn't them expecting to be THAT good. I was expecting them to be similar to their other cartoon beanie babies. Of course I still like Build a bears a bit better because the clothing. But I hope TY comes out with more of them! 

• 2 weeks later...

While Build-a-Bear's plushies are great, I like the 4th Dimension ones more simply because they are by far the most show accurate official MLP plush out there. So far they've revealed Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy, and they all look very lovely. I'm still waiting on both 4DE and Build-a-Bear to get with it and release an Applejack plush though. -_-

• 2 months later...

If any plushie satisfies me, regardless of how accurate they are, then I'll be happy with the purchases I have.

But if I had to pick a favorite, it's a close tie between Fluttershy and Twilight with Build-A-Bear.

I haven't got a hand at 4th dimension or Aurora World MLP plushies but if there is a chance, I might get a look at them and see if I like them or not.

• 1 year later...

I really like the 4th Dimension ones, but they're really expensive and they don't have all the ponies yet. As of right now I own all the Mane 6 except Princess Twilight Sparkle in TY Beanie Baby form. I also have Funrise Vinyl Scratch and Aurora Derpy

• 3 months later...