Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deception

EpicApplejack

@@EpicApplejack,

Whiplash swallowed at the question, and looked down. "I was the weather Captain in Cloudsdale, made sure the weather went smoothly," she said, her mind going back to when there wasn't so much destruction. The memories brought back so much sorrow. The spunky mare shook her head, and looked up once more at Sensiquill.

"So you're pretty smart, huh? You remind me of a friend I knew a long time ago. What did you use to do?" she asked with a grin.

@@Moonlight Fire

Sensiquill smiled back, blushing slightly at the topic of his wits.  "Well um, I was going to enlist into the New Lunar Republic, but when the sisters started fighting, I didn't want to fight against my friends...  so, yeah..."  The grey-blue pony sulked for a fraction of a moment at the thought of his friends then shrugged it off.  "You must've been pretty popular, being Captain and all.  I mean hay, that's a pretty important job to take on there"  The stallion gave a light nudge on mare's shoulder in playful affection.

Edited by EpicApplejack

(A little iffy on why we altered the RP but a part I need to keep from that was Cosmo's spellset: Teleportation, telekinesis, basic telepathy, and illusions)

Cosmo figured he had enough sleep so he said, "I'll be back in a few hours. Don't follow me, and if you head out, just leave me a note..." Cosmo headed back toward the bank, and got about halfway there before finding his reason why. A changeling unit was following the group's tracks after they killed the patrol. One of them saw Cosmo and signaled the others, all of them drawing weapons before Cosmo could strike. Cosmo grinned, "Here we go."

(I'll be Afk for awhile so don't have anyone follow me)

Edited by TheBreech

Skuldaf growled at Cosmo's comment, another reminder at the destruction the project had wrought upon him. His destruction magic was exceptionally strong, stronger than any known pony, but every other of his abilities was at the level of a sickly foal. Skuldaf took a deep breath before stepping outside, breathing in the fresh air to calm himself

David walked back in to the depot and started grabbing supplies and putting them in his assorted pockets in his vest. "Alright guys, I have an...eh, errand to run. I need to check some other depots and safe houses. We'll eventually run out of supplies and I need to be sure that some of the other depots aren't ransacked or destroyed. Anyways, I'll be gone for a little while so I left some dragon fire in a cider bottle near my stash. Just write me a note and send it to me via the dragon fire if you guys need to leave for some reason k?" "An errand. Yeah right, you just want to ask your princess about your favorite little mare. What was her name again? Flu-" David smacked his head against the wall. "OUCH! What the bucking hay was that for?!?!?" "Shut up." David replied aloud. He stormed out of the depot muttering all the curses he could down on some pony named Poe.

@@EpicApplejack,

Whiplash grinned, and gave a slight shrug. "I guess so, but it was a bunch of work," she admitted, tilting her head back as she remembered. The pegasus yawned slightly, and rubbed her eye. "Well, it's nice to know I have a friend here," she said, giving Sensiquill a friendly nudge. "I better get some sleep," the mare said, yawning once more.

@,

Whiplash nodded at David as he left, and narrowed her eyes as he seemed to be telling himself to shut up. "Uh..alright?" she said, confused as she watched the stallion leave.

Sensiquill watched as David left

@@Moonlight Fire

"I'm sure he's...~yawn~... fine..."  The tired stallion knew something was up but he laid out his mat anyway.  He glanced at Moonlight Fire and a part of him hoped she didn't have a mat as well, so they would be forced to share his.  He knew it was unlikely but not impossible.  "Goodnight."  His voice was almost a whisper as he drowsily rested, waiting for sleep to take him.

David had a stash of dragon fire at his safe house, so he didn't need the bottle of it back at the depot. After walking for a few hours, he finally came in sight of his house. He was walking up to the door when he realized one of the wards he had placed around the perimeter of his safe house was missing. It was a simple ward, designed to merely detect his personal magic. If it did detect his magic, then it would stay up. If any other being possessing magic walked through it, it would just disappear. It was basically untraceable as well due to the simplicity of it and would go un-noticed by almost every magical being. The reason it was so sensitive to magic is the lock on the door to his safe house could only be turned on by magic. Once turned on though, a retinal scan was needed to unlock the door. On alert now, David approached the door. "This is bad, someone was tampering with the door." David merely nodded, to nervous to speak aloud. He cast a quick invisibility spell on himself, then walked up to the door. He turned on the lock and made himself visible just long enough for the retinal scan to work, then quickly disappeared again. He stepped inside. The lights were out. He was about to cast a night vision spell when the lights flashed on, blinding him momentarily. "Welcome Home!" That voice! That laugh! David knew them! They haunted his nightmares! He turned around just in time to see something huge, black, and insect like looming over him. Then everything went black. He opened his eyes to blinding sun light. He felt pain. His world was pain. Where was he? Straining to look around, David thought he caught a glimpse of the sign that said Rainbow Factory on it. "Am I near the depot? How?" His world exploded in to tiny pieces of pain, and the sweet embrace of unconsciousness finally overtook him.

Sensiquill watched as David left

@@Moonlight Fire

"I'm sure he's...~yawn~... fine..."  The tired stallion knew something was up but he laid out his mat anyway.  He glanced at Moonlight Fire and a part of him hoped she didn't have a mat as well, so they would be forced to share his.  He knew it was unlikely but not impossible.  "Goodnight."  His voice was almost a whisper as he drowsily rested, waiting for sleep to take him.

"Let's go" Skuldaf said to the drowsy stallion, waking him up. "Let's leave the Lunar Soldier behind and take our own path" Skuldaf continued, pointing at the door. He was normally a nice pony, but this agent of Luna rubbed him the wrong way. He might as well leave with a friend. 

Whiplash was about to meekly ask the stallion if he would mind sharing his mat, for she had only packed a few rations in her supply pouch, when the stallion before came up. The mare still had a grudge against him, and she narrowed her eyes. "So, you're ditching us, I assume?" she asked coldly.

@,

Whiplash was about to meekly ask the stallion if he would mind sharing his mat, for she had only packed a few rations in her supply pouch, when the stallion before came up. The mare still had a grudge against him, and she narrowed her eyes. "So, you're ditching us, I assume?" she asked coldly.

@,

"I'm not leaving you if I have to, but I am leaving that Lunar agent" Skuldaf clarified. "They bring nothing but trouble and that one is clearly unstable. He talks to himself" Skuldaf droned, giving the mare a sympathetic look. He wanted to stay but the Lunar agent complicated things

Lewis laid off to the side pondering if the decision to come with the group was right when the pony named Skuldaf walked past him. He looked up at the pony and asked "Wh-where are you going? d-did you send David a note already?...." He already knew the answer because he caught the looks Skuldaf got when David was around and it was rather obvious that he didn't like or trust David. (OOC: Eh disregard this my internet went down and when I fixed it it sent right away)

Edited by pr3datortac0

@

@@Moonlight Fire

Sensiquill quickly arose from his drowsy state, for Skuldaf startled him.  He saw the blatant frustration Whiplash exuded.  He understood where Skuldaf was coming from, but he wanted most of all to make the only mare in his life happy.  "I know you're unsettled by David, I've noticed the same things you have.  But look at all he has done for us."  The stallion was intent and his words were by no means trying to do Skuldaf wrong.  He spoke from his heart, "David has given us refuge, supplies, and he has even shown kindness to the bashful."  Sensiquill gestured a friendly hoof toward Lewis.  The stallion took but a moment to gather his thoughts and let the message sink in.  "I'm just saying we should give him a chance to prove himself.  I know he talks to himself, but I can hardly believe I'm sane with how long it's been since I've seen a friendly face."  Sensiquill then looked hopefully for some expression of acceptance from Whiplash.

Poe groaned and shook his head. "Oh, what in the hay...am I dreaming?" Poe stood up and looked himself up and down. "I'm in control. I'M IN CONTROL!" that was when he heard a little voice in the back of his head stir. "What in hades name is going on? Why can't I move?" "The tables have Turned! I'm in control now!" The voice in the back of his head sounded surprised and a bit angry as well as frustrated "HOW THE BUCK DID THIS BUCKING HAPPEN?!?!?" Poe merely smirked at his explosive reply. "We almost took a dirt nap because of your old mare friend. You're lucky you have me. When you passed out, guess who was left to fight her? That right. ME! I deserve this! It's my turn to finally live!" "But you-" "I SAID SHUT! UP! Now, this body of yours is cute and all, but I still prefer that one you used a while ago. What did he look like? Oh yeah! Dark blue mane, black coat, and I guess I have to keep the cutie mark if we're still the same person. We shouldn't have to change our mark should we?" Upon saying that, in a flash of blue fire, Poe turned in to a stallion with a coat the color of midnight, and a mane and tail the color of sapphires. "Lets see, something is still missing. Oh, that's it! Our eyes!" upon that declaration, fire flared around his eyes leaving them the color of blood, the dark crimson color associated with death. "Perfect! Now, lets go meet the ponies!" "Don't hurt them! Don't hurt any of them!" "Relax. I won't attack unless provoked. You and I both know we could turn any of them in to smears on the ground at our whim." With that, Poe started walking towards the depot. "LOOK OUT WORLD, HERE COMES POE!" said stallion yelled in to the night. "Was that the..." "Royal canterlot voice? Yep! We learned a lot from being around Luna. Even if we were only in your head." (((Two things, a picture of Poe is in my signature, and the point of the canterlot voice was for you guys to hear it, so it would be lovely of you gents [and ladies] to add that in to your parts))) Edited by Dave Pyro

Sensiquill was about to continue his proposition when a voice boomed through the bunker and shook the furniture.   "What... Was...  That?"  The stallion froze, not with fear but with astonishment.  Then suddenly, something in his mind clicked and he felt like he was in charge, "Everypony, take a position in front of the door!  We need to be ready for," he hesitated for a moment, "whatever the hay that was!!!"

Skuldaf snorted as the voice rang out before powering up his horn. 

"Step aside" he said to Sensiquill before blasting away the entire door and leaving nothing but rubble behind. It was one of the few times he enjoyed having buffed destruction magic. "Let's go, before he finds the other entrance" Skuldaf said before turning back and beginning to walk out the back

Lewis's ears fell back from all the commotion and coughed from the dust filling his lungs. He looked up at the rubble blocking the door way. "W-why'd you do that!? D-davids still out there! W-what if he needs our help? O-or if he was coming back!?" Lewis ran to the rubble and tried to move some with his magic but it was to heavy for him. He spun around quickly, fear filling his eyes. "D-do you even know if there is another way out?"

"David can handle himself" Skuldaf said, not mentioning the fact that he wouldn't feel too bad if David didn't come back. "Even if there isn't another way out, I can make one" Skuldaf continued, preparing an energy ball. Hopefully whoever was outside would be deterred by the explosion

@,

Whiplash coughed slightly, dust from the rubble clouding around her. As the stallion prepared another ball of energy, the flustered pegasus bravely stepped in front of him. "Hey! Be careful. You're going to destroy this whole place. Let's figure out a plan first," she growled, motioning towards the rubble.

@@pr3datortac0,

"Calm down!" Whiplash said to Lewis, slightly more foreful than she had intended. "We'll be fine, alright? And so will David, let's just take a deep breath," the pegasus said calmly, and although she was a bit nervous herself, she'd never show it.

@

"Whiplash is right you idiot!"  Sensiquill was fuming.  Nothing rubbed him the wrong way more than blatant stupidity.  "If you shoot another one of those things, the whole bunker will come down on top of us!  Then it wouldn't matter if what's out there got to us or not!  Show some bucking restraint man!"  Sensiquill paused for a moment to gather his composure.  "We need a plan."

Edited by EpicApplejack

Skuldaf nodded and dissipated the energy ball. He felt ashamed for having had to resort to such violence. Next time he was free, he would meditate for an hour to repent for it. 

"What plan do you have in mind?" Skuldaf said, awkwardly kicking at a small pebble that had been created by the explosion

Sensiquill made direct eye contact with everypony in the room then quickly announced, "Everypony help me move this debris from the entrance,  except you Skuldaf."  Gestured toward the cement before him so the others could begin moving it.

@

"I need you to get to charging up another one of those attacks of yours.  We need insurance if anything goes South.  You need to be ready to obliterate anything if It poses a threat."  Sensiquill assisted the other ponies as he finished explaining his plan.  "We are going to let it come to us."

Once the entrance was permeable the stallion stamped on a stone in the center of the room repeatedly until it gave way to his hoof.  "This must be a secret exit.  I noticed the mortar was lighter when you were all talking to David last night."  (FYI  it is now early morning so we can all be on the same page here)

@@Moonlight Fire

@@Pr3datorTaco

"You two follow this tunnel.  It will most likely lead to a destination some distance from the bunker.  When you guys get there lay low."  Sensiquill looked back to the destructive pacifist.  "Follow me.  I'm going to try and talk to this thing and I need you present for persuasive puposes.  We know it's not a changeling for they don't speak like we do, and that voice was obviously not a series of hisses."  At that time the grey-blue stallion and Skuldaf walked out the front entrance and awaited the arrival of Poe.

"What should I charge up, a beam or a ball?" Skuldaf questioned as his horn sparked with red and black magic. He hoped that they wouldn't have to hurt anything. His horn's aura slowly grew to encompass his body as he let the energy flick about idly. It did nothing really, having a body aura, it just meant he was exuding a good amount of magic

Cosmo mediated in the center of the battleground, having eliminated the changeling threat. Suddenly, Poe's voiced echoed to him and left Cosmo uneasy. "Poe? That sounded like David with a royal voice... Oh buck his other!" Cosmo got up and headed toward the noise, rested after his meditation. Before long he came across... "Shadesteel?! ...wait...no, it just looks like my power... Hey David, what are you doing?" Cosmo suddenly doubted it was David and drew Altair as a precaution. Fade quietly informed him that was indeed David but something was clearly wrong. They concluded he'd switched with his inner self, much like Cosmo did with Fade. Neither of them were sure what was going on, but agreed a fight may have been necessary.

Poe had walked to the entrance of the bunker to see what sort of chaos would follow his chaos. "Discontentment among the troops? I love it!" He cackled madly. He had been expecting some chaos and wasn't disappointed. As he walked up to the bunker, the door exploded! Poe laughed a harsh brutal laugh. "Well, this is exciting! Lets see what's going on inside shall we?" "Buck you! Why are you enjoying this? That is sick! They are scared and your laughing! I want back! NOW!" "You want back what? Control? Sorry, but this has been a long time coming. I haven't had this much fun since the changeling hive!" Poe cast two spells that allowed him to get an x-ray/heat vision crossover view of inside the bunker and the other that enhanced his hearing, allowing him to hear what was going on past the rubble. "OH! Listen to them! They're madder then hornets in there. Might even be madder then changelings. Speaking of, why haven't any shown up? Surprises me that none have shown up with that explosion and my yelling" "Your looking to pick a fight aren't you? I can't stand this anymore. Notify me if anything important happens. I'm going to mess with your head, see if I can give you a migraine." "Thanks." The dark stallion listened and watched intently as the events unfolded. "They found the secret exit, looks like the mare and foal are going to leave by it. That leaves the strange markless one and the brainy one. Did you know he just calmed everypony down in there. What a pain. I thought a fight was going to start." "Of course Sensiquill found the secret exit. Like you just said, he's the brainy one. And Lewis is NOT a foal! He is a decent up standing stallion. One of the braver ponies here in my opinion, he's younger then all of us, but keeping up just the same. And did you say the markless one? You mean Skuldaf right? Any head aches yet by the way?" "You and your respect. I'm glad I'm in charge now. And no, your not causing any kind of...OW! Ow ow ow ow ow! What the bucking hay did you just do? Oh that hurts!" Poe laid his head down and covered it with his hooves. The pain only lasted a second but felt like an eternity. When he got back up to he hooves, he could feel smugness exuding from somewhere in the back of his mind, "That did it! Now if you don't behave, you'll get another treatment!" Poe muttered all the curses he could think of under his breath while he waited off to the side for the ponies inside the now ruined depot to emerge. "Looks like they're about ready to come out. Time for the welcome wagon!" "Remember the headache? Play fair and you won't get another one ok?" This time Poe swore out loud. Very loud.

@

@@EpicApplejack

He was just getting in to a very colorful tangent of choice vocabulary when he heard someone call out to David. Turning as fast as lighting, he came face to face with..."YOU! Sword Pony!" "His name is Cosmo." David replied, his voice laced with acid. "What ever! Cosmo! Where the hay have you been? There was an explosion! Everypony is trapped inside!" "He's not going to fall for it. Remember? He said something about being telepathic of something like that? It's likely he knows I'm trapped here and you're me."

@@TheBreech

Edited by Dave Pyro