Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My best drawing so far I think! :3

Bugplayer

Hello everyone!

I hope you enjoyed the season's premiere as much as I did, it was so awesome! wub.png

But instead of being a normal brony and watched on the tv in the morning, I waited up until later in the evening.

Because I don't have the cable.

And because I finished a picture instead! 

And like I said in the title, this one is my favorite so far laugh.png

Here it is:

screw_the_new_season__i_m_still_the_cute

Source: http://bugplayer.deviantart.com/art/Screw-the-new-season-I-m-still-the-cutest-one-415524472

I realllllly like the way it turned out. I personally find it adorable ^.^

Seriously, I get more and more comfortable with the shading, it's so much fun!

Anyways. like always, I would like to know if there's something that could be improved, so that I keep getting bettere9FkmL5.png

Also, Fluttershy made EqD, so yay!yay.png

• Brohoof 18

whoa! this is amazing stuff! love all the shading and lighting in this. it's just absolutely awesome :3 10/10

Thanks my friend! I personally think that some places are a little too bright, like on her nose. But I'm glad you like it though! e9FkmL5.png

I am seriously in love with this drawing. The shading, the lighting, the everything. I might even go as far as to say this is the best fan art I have seen on these forums. 10/10 easily.

the best fan art? Really? ohmy.png

B-b-but... Maybe you missed them ^.^

When I think about how much I improved since I started. I makes me want to draw even more! yay.png

Edited by Bugplayer

• 2 weeks later...

That is simply adorable! :wub:  Keep up the great work Bugsy, and congratulations on continuing to refine and improve upon your craft!  You are truly one of this forum's premiere artists by now (at least in my opinion you are), you know that, right?  Thanks again for sharing this with us!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Anyways. like always, I would like to know if there's something that could be improved, so that I keep getting betterimg-2033035-4-e9FkmL5.png

Hmmm, for you, I'd recommend doing a single layer painting. I think that task would help you the greatest.

Simply put, do the entire drawing on ONE layer. No making temporary layers for effects or anything like that. All on one layer.

Additionally I'd recommend trying out some planer analysis when shading. The best way I've found to do this is to use a square brush on 90% - 100% opacity and no smaller than the tip of your pinkie finger at any given time. This forces your to draw the overall color rather than attempting to draw each color.

Also increase the contrast on the drawing by like 20% 80% and no I don't mean the contrast setting. Try painting it in black and white first.

Reasoning:

It seems like you're focusing too much on what you THINK should be there rather than what is actually there or in this case what would actually be there. Cartoons are a bit tricky in this instance. You smooth every color which is leading to a very... glossy/smooth look add that to the low contrast and your shading just looks like 1 color.

GL, yo!

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised I never replied to any of you, what a shame! D:

Hello, Bugplayer keep this artwork up  maybe you can enter a My Little Pony Welovefine.com contest awesome !

I didn't even know it exist... Maybe I'll give it a try! any idea when the next one is up? :3

That is simply adorable! :wub:  Keep up the great work Bugsy, and congratulations on continuing to refine and improve upon your craft!  You are truly one of this forum's premiere artists by now (at least in my opinion you are), you know that, right?  Thanks again for sharing this with us!  :muffins:

One of this forum's premiere artists? Really?!  :o

You just say that to make me feel happy, which works ^^ I'm sure there's many more around here which are even more talented than me!  :squee:

Hmmm, for you, I'd recommend doing a single layer painting. I think that task would help you the greatest.

Simply put, do the entire drawing on ONE layer. No making temporary layers for effects or anything like that. All on one layer.

Additionally I'd recommend trying out some planer analysis when shading. The best way I've found to do this is to use a square brush on 90% - 100% opacity and no smaller than the tip of your pinkie finger at any given time. This forces your to draw the overall color rather than attempting to draw each color.

Also increase the contrast on the drawing by like 20% 80% and no I don't mean the contrast setting. Try painting it in black and white first.

Reasoning:

It seems like you're focusing too much on what you THINK should be there rather than what is actually there or in this case what would actually be there. Cartoons are a bit tricky in this instance. You smooth every color which is leading to a very... glossy/smooth look add that to the low contrast and your shading just looks like 1 color.

GL, yo!

Ahhh! that where that post was! Got it by email but I though it was on my other post and... Well forget it!

I really should try that ''paint in black and white first'' thing. It looks complicated though. You should have color theories and stuff like that, which I don't :P

But that sound really cool... Probably going to try it someday  :yay:

I want this as a plushie and  I want it NAOO!!!!!!

Oh god, as a plushie... That would be so awesome!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

One of this forum's premiere artists? Really?!  :o

You just say that to make me feel happy, which works ^^ I'm sure there's many more around here which are even more talented than me!  :squee:

Well I'm certainly glad it makes you feel happy (which it should), but seriously, don't shortchange yourself buddy!  You're a phenomenal artist and I truly meant it when I said I do think you're one of the forum's premiere artists.  You only continue to improve, and each drawing you share with us is better than the last!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bugsy!!!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm certainly glad it makes you feel happy (which it should), but seriously, don't shortchange yourself buddy!  You're a phenomenal artist and I truly meant it when I said I do think you're one of the forum's premiere artists.  You only continue to improve, and each drawing you share with us is better than the last!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bugsy!!!  :muffins:

Aww thank you so much my friend! *hug*

It so fun to see how I improved since when. I even realize between my drawings how much easier it gets each time, and how more comfortable I get.

I'll day it again as well, happy Christmas! It's great to have people like you around here Batbrony!  :yay: